Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > The Grove Show on Near FM 90.3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Show Playlists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 37 minutes ago at 13:52
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Brian.

I really loved Liam's playlist. 

Full of songs I am very familiar with and a few not so.

Loads of classic tracks that were played in Mount Prospect.

Pass on my grateful thanks to Liam if you see him again. And I'm sure I speak for many other Grovers who tuned in last night.

Liam is definitely a Grover at heart ❤️ ❤️✌️✌️

Thanks Pat and Gerry. It was a great show to do and delighted ye enjoyed it. Thanks for supporting the show as always. it means alot to Jen and myself to see our listeners listening in and enjoying it. We are just volunteers and trying to give something back from all the joy Cecil gave us all over the years. I hope listeners can appreciate we do our best and we are not professionals or anything. Last night, I had the misfortune to have a disgruntled listener pm me to give very negative feedback. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often  - I don't mind constructive feedback but this was out of order. Its why I said very little last night on air. Unfortunately the world we live in. I am not sure some folks realise the time and effort it takes to plan and deliver shows. Its a labour of love!
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 40 minutes ago at 14:49
Only seeing your note just now Brian. My sympathies, I fully understand your position and the amount of time,trouble, and real effort and commitment it surely takes to perform your labour of love every two weeks. I am sure I speak for all the listeners in urging you not to be discouraged by one curmudgeonly set of unfair criticism. I have found, in a long working career, and a long (ish) life so far! the degree of venom shown in criticisms of this nature is almost always in inverse proportion to the amount of knowledge that the "critic" has of the subject they are addressing.
It's upsetting to get nasty and unfair criticism Brian. But its one bad and ignorant apple in the bunch of listeners. Keep on doing what you're doing so well my friend - your on-air presence, your knowledge of the music you present and your friendly and cordial presenting manner are hugely appreciated - by me and I'm sure all the regulars.  Don't let one eejit get you down. 
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 38 minutes ago at 16:51
Brian

I echo everything Gerry has just said.

I'm a huge admirer of your excellent presentation skills, your musical knowledge, your absolute dedication  to the show and all the time and effort you put into keeping the show on the road.

Be assured that the core of listeners (including myself from afar) hold you in very high regard.

I said it before I feel part of a Grove community and when I do tune in to the show I feel I am amongst friends who share a common bond of loving music, enjoy great banter, share opinions and information and have a bit of craic but all in a mutually respectful manner. 

So do not be deterred or disheartened by the odd idiot who doesn't see it that way.

Keep going and like Gerry says us regulars will always be here supporting you and indeed your co-presenters.

So rock on Brian 🤘 🤘✌️✌️❤️❤️🎸🎸🎵🎵
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718