Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 304>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:45

What a silly game soccer is - thank god I married a man who likes a sensible sport like snooker.

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 08:40
Snooker!!!! Oh No - hate it.... can't watch that at all - it always reminds me of smokey places...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 09:02

Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Snooker!!!! Oh No - hate it.... can't watch that at all - it always reminds me of smokey places...

Ah but we have the smoking ban now so its smokey no more.  Have you been home since the ban?  Its brill - no more smelling like 20 johnny blue in the morning even if you gave up 10 years ago!

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 09:22
Yes I have X and it was great but the smell of pee seem to lurk around ever corner.... seems like the smoke was killing off other unpleasant smells.......
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 10:08

Yeh Rolo agree entirely on Metatarsal (if thats how you spell it)

Couldnt bring themselves to say broken toe  didnt sound serious enough .

When Liam sprained his foot playing footie was convinced he had fractured his metatarsal

Feel sorry for Rooney as he will miss out on Worls Cup but hes young enough to squeeze a few more in yet.

Snooker ok girls but you cant beat the auld footie

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 18:50
Blondie I'm not a snooker girl - hate it.  I must admit I like to watch golf and will take it up in the not so distant future.  Always liked footie and played for years myself back home but living here in the states we don't get to see it that much.  The crew are the local team and my old lad goes to all the games.  He loves it but I think he will be a track and field guy next year with school.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 03:59

Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Always liked footie and played for years myself back home

Now there's an interesting revelation, details please !

Oh yeah, feck that snooker lark, what about Darts ?

Now there's a game.

Rolo.

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 05:38

Dont you just love darts

Edited by Sharon
All I wanted was chips!!
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 06:21

World's greatest sportsman..............

http://www.philthepower.com

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 10:26

Teresa have always had a passing interest in golf but have been getting more into it recently. Good friend was Lady Captain of her club last year so went to loys of events with her and have to say the social side is great. Shes always nagging me to take it up but wouldnt have the time at the muinte maybe in a couple of years .

Have you played yourself ??????????

Blondie
Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 11:36
Blondie
Which club was your mte the Lady Captain off ???
P
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Very good Pat enjoyed that  There are some of us females who will be watching too !!!

So wot happened to your lot at the weekend ??? Was expecting a great match and was disappointed dont think utd turned up to play at all. Am sure Rooney wishes he had'nt.

We were crap against Chelsea and then couln't beat Middlesborough....jaysus Liverpool could get second if we don't beat Charlton this weekend.

Feel sorry for Rooney. He's a big loss for United and bigger loss for England although I hate the way the English press go on. You'd swear he was the only player they had.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 05:30

Balbriggen Peter.

Yeh now wot you mean about the english press unbelieveable the wat they carry on commentars too I feel.

So great day all round yesterday Henri is KING !!!!!!!! Great player great ground great match and pushing Spurs out is just the icing on the cake

Roll on the 17th !!!!!!!!

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 19:57

Leeds United badgeFeck the 17th, roll on the 21st.

Come on Leeds !

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 08:10

Yeh well done Rolo was thinking of you when I heard result this morning

Wot do you reckon there chances are ?????

Premiership next year maybe we could organise a footie trip with forum members ??

Arsenal V Leeds perhaps

Blondie
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 08:21
Leeds should never have sacked Dave O'Leary...#

Actually was he sacked or did he walk ???
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 08:23

Tell ya Blondie, really fancied Palace before the Play Offs started......

Now it's there for the taking, we've beaten Watford twice this season already ( which of course means that if they get to the final, as they should,they'll hammer us.)News Article: Play-Off Final Ticket Procedures - Please Read

( That's Killer and The Incredible Hulse celebrating the first goal last night.)

All due respect to Preston,Watford and Palace, but The Premiership needs a strong Leeds team with 40,000 lunatic supporters every home game.( Actually more like 25,000 lunatic supporters and 15,000 blow in, fair weather,prawn sandwich types.)

Yeah, could handle a trip to Ashburton Grove,sounds like a plan.

What's the story with Theo Walcott ? Nearly crashed the car yesterday when I heard that.

Sorry Pete, have to disagree. He wasted millions on Robbie Keane, Seth Johnson and Robbie Fowler who were not needed, wrote that stupid book which only served to alienate the players and generally seemed to lose the plot towards the end. Granted,Peter Ridsdale has to take a major share of the blame but I think O'Leary had lost sight of where the club was going and how to get there.

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 10:46

Yeh Rolo I know dont get Theo walcott at all was saying to Liam this morning it doesnt make sense he has'nt even played in the premiership as far as I know and going to world cup.

Only thing I could think off is poss eligble to play for another country (like Us !!!) and england want to box him in good and quick.

Feel sorry for sean wright Phillips thought he should definatly been picked ahead of Theo.

Need to know in simple terms how you get pics on to your posts ?????????

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 11:06

Copy and Paste,Blondie.

Doesn't work with some pics but with trial and error ya can get some on.

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 11:09
Cheers Rolo Teresa posts some really great ones will give it a go not very techno minded
Blondie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 304>