Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 304>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:20

Hey Blondie, big night tonight....................how are the nerves holding up ?

Really hope they can manage to do it.

Won't see the first half 'cos Raheny have Senior Championship Replay  Vs Na Fianna in Parnell Park tonight at 7.30 so won't be home 'til nineish.

Hopefully Henry and Co. will have the game sewn up by then. What about that goal at the weekend ?

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Sponsored Links

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:24

Hi Rolo yeh was'nt that goal unreal couldnt believe my eyes. Son and pal watching with me and they were pretty gob smacked as well hes just pure class.

Nerves not holding up at all  am ok for first legs but seconds kill me.

Have a work thing on tonight so will have to keep slipping next door and rely on txts for updates maybe better dont know if I could cope !!!!

Fingers crossed as doesnt look like we are going to get that 4th place at moment

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:26

Ah wouldn't it be something else if Arsenal do manage to win it and Spurs finish 4th and have to forfeit their place.Wouldn't you lot just love that.

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:30

Yes yes and eh yes have to say would gladly finish fifth if I knew  that for certain and  wouldnt they all be

But lets get tonite over with first

Blondie
Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 13:34
I don't know anything much about the whole soccer world but if Arsenal win the champioship and finish fifth in the premiership would they not do what they did with Liverpool last year and put them in the playoff...
As I said I don't follow football but I would watch a match here and there
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 14:12
Hi Peter no not this time have changed the rules so that will not happen again. This time Spurs will just not get in to Europe
Blondie
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 15:13
Oh so that goes for all the countries club football.....

Now explain to me the off-side rules in less than 20 words

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 15:43

Less then 20 here goes

And thats it really hope that explains it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blondie
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 17:31
I have no doubt that a few of you will get a kick out of this - seen it on another website I visit..

Extremely important advice and recommendations to be passed on to wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, daughters, etc. (to all women in general) These rules are to be communicated prior to the World Cup in June/July this year... List Of Rules.

1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.

4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it wont happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! if you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during half-time but only when the commercials are on, and only if the half-time score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:a) I will not go, b) I will not go, andc) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??", the reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".

12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, etc etc.Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Men of the World
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 18:30
Well done eejit...that is very funny. I grew up in a house of brothers who lived for football (think thats why I hate it so much) will print that out for them and give it to their wives. I have always hated football and yet back in 1994 when I was working I won a trip to the world cup in USA to see Ireland play Norway in New York. And yes much to the dispair of my male co workers (who loved football) I won the trip through work. I went.....really for the shopping !!!! But I did enjoy the experience of New York and the world cup.....but I still don't know what off side means.... guess I never will. I am a big F1 fan myself and Michael Schumacher is my hero and he won on Sunday so I am happy
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 18:46
Originally posted by Bluebell Bluebell wrote:

I am a big F1 fan myself and Michael Schumacher is my hero and he won on Sunday so I am happy

Thats was his last race to win... He will retire in a few weeks when he keeps losing lol

Come on the Kimi

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:24
Oh no... I hate Kimi and McLaren and Ron Denis....they are just soooooo up themselves ...Michael has broken every record and is still going strong and WILL WIN another few races with Farrari ...but yes sadly he will retire soon.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:34

Yo Blondie,

Got the flights booked yet , ya jammy shower of you know whats.

Seriously though, still no goals conceded, 10 games now,hope they go on and win it now.

On a far more important note, Raheny beat Na Fianna in the Dublin SFC tonight.

Raheny 2 - 6 Na Fianna ( with all their county stars ) 0 - 7 smiley17smiley17

Next up Ballinteer St.Johns. ( And we'll beat them too.)

Oh yeah, no time for F1. Big bore.smiley12

Rolo.

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:35

I saw Michael win the Spanish GP in Barcelona 2yrs ago and Kimi's car blew up just on the 1st lap....what a great GP is was.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 04:11

Yep celebrations all around last night had to have a few glasses to celebrate but not too bad this morning.

By all accounts were definitely were jammy  but then you have to have a bit of luck along the way

Anyway Lehmann is hero of the hour would say a few hearts stopped beating last night !!!!

Congrats to Raheny for last night .  Son plays for Whitehall Colmchilles r they in SFC ????

Blondie
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 04:23
Originally posted by Bluebell Bluebell wrote:

I saw Michael win the Spanish GP in Barcelona 2yrs ago and Kimi's car blew up just on the 1st lap....what a great GP is was.

Thinking of going to Italian Grand Prix in September Monza... I have to say I am fed up with Alonzo winning all the time.. I reckon Kimi is off to Ferrai next year. Rumours has that Renault is having talks with Schuey too

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 05:51

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Congrats to Raheny for last night .  Son plays for Whitehall Colmchilles r they in SFC ????

Whitehall senior footballers beaten by Ballinteer in Round 1 of Senior Football Championship. How old is your fella ?

And well done to Lehmann and the rest of the lads, ( was a woeful penalty though.)

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:06

Didnt see any of the game so dont know about penalty who cares !!!!!!!!

Liam is 15 plays under 16 or 17 I think hes been out for awhile with injured hand but went back trainning last night .

He is sport mad plays gaelic , football ,cricket  basketball you name it he plays it.

when not playing glued to sky sports

Blondie
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:20
My son follows after me no interest in any real sports. Tried him at the Gaelic with Whithall Colmcilles he done it for a while but didn't take to it then I tried tennis which I liked stuck at it for a few month he always had something for Basketball but was told he has to be 11.... Must look into it again for him now that he is 11. He loves Karate.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:26

Love to see kids involved in sport, Blondie.

Your fella playing cricket in Clontarf ? My 13 y/o was playing last year, not sure if he'll go back this year though.

Rolo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 304>