Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 304>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2006 at 13:50
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Stand corrected Rolo was 71 when Charlie George lay spread eagled on ground after scoring ???????

Anyway both good games for us .

Agree Pat that they have an outside chance but worried about getting to hopefull .

Looks like we will have to win to qualify for Europe next year as doing rubbish in premiership at the moment.

Managed to get to see the Dubs a couple of times last year have to say the atmosphere is second to none at Croke Park

Yo Blondie.

Great win for Man U yesterday.........taught Arsenal a real lesson.....9 wins on the trot....pity we hadn't this form earlier in the season......Rooney outstanding....I think O'shea is playing well..........defense great and Vidic good signing.......if not this year we'll win the Priemiership next year and do very well in Europe.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2006 at 10:42

Hey Pat was wondering when I'd hear from you.

Will have too agree felt Arsenal were out played by utd as much as it pains me too say it.

Just wished Chelsea had lost as well would have made me feel a whole lot better if the gap was narrowed to 4 points .

Am trying to console myself with the fact that we are in semi finals in Europe this year !!!

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2006 at 17:59

Hey Pat was wondering when I'd hear from you.

Will have too agree felt Arsenal were out played by utd as much as it pains me too say it.

Just wished Chelsea had lost as well would have made me feel a whole lot better if the gap was narrowed to 4 points .

Am trying to console myself with the fact that we are in semi finals in Europe this year !!!

It will be 4 points after tomorrow night. We play Sunderland at home.

I have no affection for Arsenal but I really think you have an outstanding chance of winning the Champions League this year.

Not easy to say

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2006 at 12:07

We are called the Sunderland result the wrong way.

Afraid that's the Premiership gone for this year.smiley19

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2006 at 05:11
Ah Pat dont give up yet   Am pinning all my hopes on match against Chelsea themselves. Reckon if you can win that it will really rock there boat and you just might be able to sneak the title.
Blondie
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2006 at 14:57

Ah Pat dont give up yet   Am pinning all my hopes on match against Chelsea themselves. Reckon if you can win that it will really rock there boat and you just might be able to sneak the title.

Thanks for that Blondie but I think its a bridge too far now. If we win at Chelsea great but we'll blow them away next year....

Edited by Biker Pat

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2006 at 12:14

Ah Pat thats as maybe but wont be able to lend my support then as obviously we will actually be playing wee in league

Anyway fingers crossed for tonight

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2006 at 18:09

Whatcha reckon Blondie , enough done tonight ?

I they don't make it, they'll be kicking themselves after tonight.

Wouldn't worry yet, you're always good for an away goal, then it's game over.

Come on The Gooners !!!!!!!!

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 08:33

Ah thanks Rolo bit sick actually reckon we could have had at least two more goals. Bloody linesman must be blind.

Felt quite tense watching dont know if it will be enough really hope its not going to be one of those "We wos robbed stories"

Will just have too wait and see if Henri can get an away goal for us.

U reckon Barca will beat Milan ?

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 08:41

Yeah I do now.

Thought Milan would've had to at least get a Nil Nil at home to have a chance. Barca can kill them on the break now that they have to chase a goal.

Listen, you've not conceded a goal in 9 CL games. That's an astonishing record. One away goal and it's ball burst, game over.

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 08:59

Hope so then its on to the final my god I'll be a nervous wreak watching it !!!!

Wots story on Leeds have you made the play offs ???

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 09:19

Yeah, not sure where we're gonna finish, could still be 3rd 4th 5th or 6th and that dictates who we play.

Reckon we're running out of steam a bit now though after a long season. Hopefully one last push will do it.

Rolo.

Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 09:34
Football Football.... I went through a phrase of following Liverpool in the 80's. A guy in the class cousin was Ronnie Whelon so we all thought we were great. Also one of my son's first words was Liverpool.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 09:50

AvatarWhat ya need to do Black, is forget all about that old soccer stuff and start supporting The Boys In Blue.

Championship's just around the cornerAvatar so Come on ye Boys in Blue.

Rolo.

softlad View Drop Down
88 - still rockin’ hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 12:19
how can we forget the soccer yet ,there's a whole summer of soccer ahead of us in germany yet. as for the boys in blue i forsee another summer of glorious failure judging by the league form.
softlad

"remember if you wanna get aHEAD you gotta give a little"
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 12:20

I agree Rolo so what you reckon is this going to our year ???

The one and only time I saw Dublin play in final at Croke Park was 1983 I think played Galway loads and loads of people well about 5 got sent off but Dublin won.

Was on the Hill that day magic have to say these days when I go to a game its seats all the way

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 12:34

Originally posted by softlad softlad wrote:

how can we forget the soccer yet ,there's a whole summer of soccer ahead of us in germany yet. as for the boys in blue i forsee another summer of glorious failure judging by the league form.

Ah yeah, but we're not there are we, courtesy of Mr.Kerr's chicken tactics against Israel ( twice )

As for the Dubs,you're probably right but ya just gotta support 'em anyway.

Reckon we'll be a bit better than last year ( although semi final against Laois is going to be a real hard game ).

Unlucky not to beat Tyrone the first day,reckon we could have done Armagh had we managed it.

Anyway,love the Championship Sundays in the summer. Me and me small fella go to Croker every week, no matter who is playing.

Blondie, remember that day in '83 well. Brian Talty ( Galway midfielder and alleged recipient of famous dig at half time in tunnel ) was a teacher in our school at the time and I've met him many times since. Can't get him to spill the beans on what happened that day though.

Rolo.

softlad View Drop Down
88 - still rockin’ hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 13:06
you're right of course nothing like a full croke park to get the blood boiling but too many games there last year that had small crowds, need to keep some of those larger games down in the provinces. how do you stand on the whole opening up issue?
softlad

"remember if you wanna get aHEAD you gotta give a little"
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 13:29
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

AvatarWhat ya need to do Black, is forget all about that old soccer stuff and start supporting The Boys In Blue.

Championship's just around the cornerAvatar so Come on ye Boys in Blue.

Rolo.

Rolo, meant to ask.

Who are those Dubs in your avatar?

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2006 at 14:50

Originally posted by softlad softlad wrote:

you're right of course nothing like a full croke park to get the blood boiling but too many games there last year that had small crowds, need to keep some of those larger games down in the provinces. how do you stand on the whole opening up issue?

In theory I agree with the games going to the provinces. Against that, I just love going, as I said, no matter who is playing so there'll be less matches to go to.

On Rule 42, I'm also a Republic Of Ireland soccer nut and think it would be deadly to see the home games played there, imagine the atmosphere. As for Rugby, just dont like it so don't care.

But with a GAA Members hat on and casting aside the financial side of it, gonna be difficult seeing the Union Jack flying and listening to their anthem next March.

Pat, footballer's Ciaran Whelan, Raheny born and bred, Hurler's Conal Keaney, from Ballyboden St.Enda's ,best hurler in Dublin but playing football instead.

Rolo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 304>