Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 304>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2018 at 12:15
Hopefully not. Championship is much more fun.Wink

Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2018 at 13:19
Ah Rolo my good friend.

Great to see you posting here again even if it is to remind us you still follow Leeds United 😂😂😂
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2018 at 14:01
I have some family members and friends who follow Leeds, and they seem like decent enough sorts! They only talk about Leeds though when they gather together in little huddles...joking of course. Leeds, and or Newcastle, are teams that seem close to loads of people's hearts ...
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2018 at 14:42
Gerry.

Like myself, Rolo is one of the original members on this site from 2005.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2018 at 14:49
Excellent stuff, yeah rolo one of the first to kindly say hello along with yourself and the other "regulars" here Pat. Would you believe I only started posting here around 4th May - I feel I've aged a year since though...
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2018 at 09:34
Come on the Villa Stern Smile
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2018 at 09:37
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2018 at 23:00
Not easy being a Man U fan at the moment 😓😓😓.

Another shocking result tonight.

Going to be interesting to see what develops after tonights disaster.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2018 at 23:14
Indeed Pat, as you say interesting to see what happens next ...
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 16:40
Loved Jose's interview after the game.

I've won 3, the rest of the managers have won two between them.....................now f*ck off and give me the respect I deserve LOL

In other news.......................... Super Leeds go marching on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 16:58
Welllll ... Respect to Leeds, hope they keep it going...

Re Man U - suspect Jose's clock is running down quickly now, but Utd will rise again, they generally do!

And kudos to Spurs, who were my childhood team (cos Jimmy Greaves), and still have a place in my heart..😍

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 19:00
Re Man United.

The moment that Woodward and the Glazers seemed recently to indicate that the commercial success and bottom line profit is more important than success and flair on the football pitch was the moment that has condemned United to this turmoil and dreadful start to the season.

They also refused to back Mourinho in the transfer market.

Mourinho is not blameless either having signed some dodgy players but like any successful enterprise the inspiration and enthusiasm must come from the very top and in United's case it's not there right now.

And all this Pogba/Mourinho disagreement is a smokescreen to what's really happening inside the club.

I believe Pogba as well as other committed players now realise United are a money making commercial business and moving away from the traditions and culture that made the club such a success and a club you wanted to play for following in the footsteps of United legends.

Sure be a profitable financial success but base it on what's being served up on the pitch. Not in boardrooms or stock market movements.

Edited by Biker Pat - 28-August-2018 at 19:02

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 19:07
Hard to disagree with any of that Pat.

Re Pogba et al, whenever any group of us get together round a table in a (metaphorically) smoky pub, we must talk about how you motivate a group of extremely talented, already-multi-millionaire young men ! (It would take too long to be posting about it) But what you say in your post could be coming close to some of it ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 19:15
As a footnote to my above post. I believe soccer in England, as in the Premiership, will die out as a sport eventually.

All the foreign investment in clubs is bad for the sport, especially the fans, as most of these "owners" have no real historical or passionate involvement in the club's.

Immediate success is the goal, spend and spend whilst ignoring the real source of a club, it's youth and academies.

Once the local well runs dry, which it will, because kids will see no future in the football clubs, then soccer as we have known it and loved it will die.

Edited by Biker Pat - 28-August-2018 at 19:24

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 20:26
Well hopefully it won't come to pass in that way Pat - but what will stop it, sez you. We shall see, no doubt...

...but we will enjoy it thoroughly as long as it lasts...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2018 at 20:46
At my age I've followed soccer for 50 plus years.

Am unashamablely a Man United supporter but anyone who knows me I have always given credit to our opponents.

If I was a kid today with football aspirations looking at the English football scene I couldn't see myself breaking into the top English clubs, so why bother?

Take the George Best story and others like it. When is that ever going to happen again.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 22:35
Young Boys 0 Man United 3.

Good start to Champions League with an expected win.

Man City losing at home to Lyon was a shock.

Ronaldo of Juventus sent off for pulling an opponents hair 😀

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 09:44
Yep, it's all kicking off again Pat.

Meant to say, we never got down to see the Liam Miller tribute match in the end, something else came up meant we didn't look for tickets even. I assume it happened, went well, etc - never heard any more about it ?

Annette dropping small hints about another trip to Old Trafford, we'll see how we're fixed a little later in the year ... have to start saving for Slane! (will he never learn sez my wife )
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 11:34
Gerry

Love the football season. Well maybe not all the time 😀.

Be great to get to OT.

Am not getting carried away with last night's result.

Wolves at OT this weekend.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2018 at 20:18
Lol! Just realised the Liam Miller tribute match hasn't even happened yet, and me wondering who won!!! Scarle' or wha' ! hmmmmm ... Not really !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 304>