Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport miscellaneous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2019 at 14:06
Congratulations KATIE TAYLOR ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

A bloodied and bruised Katie Taylor achieved her long-held goal of unifying the world lightweight championship with a wildly entertaining majority-decision win over Belgiumโ€™s Delfine Persoon at Madison Square Garden.

Taylor (14-0, 6 KOs), who entered with the WBA, WBO and IBF titles at 135lbs, survived her toughest moments as a professional to add Persoonโ€™s WBC strap to her collection.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2019 at 15:14
It was indeed a super achievement Pat, not without controversy. Didn't see the fight so I don't have a view on who "really" won it! But the bout, and the title, were awarded to Katie so that's it then...and a big "WELL DONE" to her ...
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 09:33
Great rejoicing here in the Philippines.Beer

Manny Pacquiao said he had "fun" as he became the oldest welterweight champion in history by beating WBA Super champion Keith Thurman in a split decision in Las Vegas.

Thurman - previously undefeated - had promised to send the 40-year-old Fillipino into retirement, but was knocked down in the first round before a thrilling fight went the distance.

"I knew it was too close," said American Thurman. "He got the knockdown so he had momentum in round one. This was a beautiful night of boxing."

The 30-year-old had been looking for his 30th straight win.

Two judges scored it 115-112 to Pacquiao, while the other gave it 114-113 to Thurman.

Pacquiao - a world champion at eight weights - was fighting for the 71st time in a stellar career that has seen seven defeats, but with four of those losses coming in his past 11 fights before the meeting with Thurman.

Afterwards, Pacquiao said he felt "blessed" and he will return to the Philippines to resume his work as a senator before deciding his next move.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 12:54
well done Manny
upon us all,a little rain must fall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 12:59
One of my nephews was big into the sports betting some time ago. He always bet on Manny, and won more than he lost. Congratulations Manny...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2019 at 00:13
Congrats to Shane Lowery in winning the British Open in Portrush.

Six strokes lead over the rest

Great guy.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2019 at 08:26
Yes, well done Shane, making us proud.

I don't know a lot about golf, but this is generally being regarded as a pretty spectacular achievement, and Lowry seems to be an all-round good guy - so, congratulations
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2019 at 09:20
Not a golfer myself.

But there are Golf Majors to be won each year.

USA, Australian, British Opens and others.

Winning one of these is considered a major achievement for any golfer so Shane deserves all the plaudits he gets.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2019 at 14:56
Yes well done Shane Lowry. I dont play golf but follow as a fan, particularly the majors, ryder cup and irish open. We were in Portrush on friday and you could see even then there was a momentum growing around Lowry. Winning the Open would be considered the prize for a European golfer. It has a global TV audiance of 600 million which is huge exposure. Lowry is a good guy by all accounts, down to earth, never refuses an autograph etc. Was delighted for him, its great for Ireland.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2019 at 09:47
Jaysus, the Rugby World Cup has been on full flow.

Haven't seen any of it so far but I gather Ireland vs Samoa tonight a crucial game.

Any views from you guys back home?

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2019 at 11:00
That game is on at around 11 am (Saturday morning) here.

Dunno much about rugby in general Pat, but have been following this a small bit. If Ireland beat Samoa, and get a bonus point (to do with what you score in the game I think) then they are def out of our group and into the quarter-finals where we are likely to play either New Zealand or South Africa. Even if we don't get the bonus-point win there is still a chance of going through, depending on other results ....

The main area of controversy at the moment - although it doesn't affect the Ireland match seemingly - is that there is a "super-typhoon" landing in Japan about now. This is a huge deal and could cause major disruption, risk to life and limb etc. There are a couple of at matches scheduled for areas where the typhoon is likely to hit, so they have been cancelled. However, they will not be rescheduled: what happens is each cancelled match is treated as a "scoreless draw" , and both teams get two points. However the impact of this is that teams that might have needed more than the 2 points have no say in this.scotland seem to be the ones most affected by this, they would have a good chance of beating (I think) Italy if that match were to go ahead - that would give them enough points to go through. But the two points they get for the cancelled game means they don't have enough and are knocked out. So, they are threatening all kinds of legal action etc if the match does nor get rescheduled ...

That's a very brief whistle-stop of what I think is happening. Those on here who know much more than me about all this, feel free to correct any or all of above ...

Edited by Rahenyrhythm - 12-October-2019 at 11:02
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2019 at 11:43
Thanks Gerry.

Great round up. Must see if I can get in on the telly.

That super typhoon in the news here. It's a biggie with major sh*t gonna hit Japan.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2019 at 12:00
Ireland 7 up after 9 mins.

Can't get it on the tv.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2019 at 04:01
Great win for Ireland rugby in WC.

Through to quarters?

That's tough on Scotland re a draw because of the typhoon.

Surely all games should be rescheduled as a result of the weather?

Edited by Biker Pat - 13-October-2019 at 04:03

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2019 at 09:52
It was super for Ireland...quarters now...

That typhoon was as bad as predicted, 19 people dead I think, RIP.

But looks like the Japan/Scotland match will def be played, that will be an interesting one ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2019 at 12:56
So Ireland vs All Blacks on Sat.

Hope to be able to see it. Starts at 6.15pm here.

Gonna be a tough game but if you're gonna win the WC you're going to have to beat the best along the way.

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2019 at 15:19
Ireland playing the Swiss tonight in football a win and they are thru to the euros ,,I think
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2019 at 22:24
Yep Joey, if they had won, they would have been through ... but we all know how that went ... However, if we beat Denmark in the Aviva, seemingly we are through (short of some bizarre sequence of events in other matches which I have decided to discount cos I don't understand them !!!)

Soloooooooo.....
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2019 at 00:26
So its and buts in both soccer and rugby?

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2019 at 00:31
Ireland beaten 2-0 by the Swiss.

Does that mean final game at home to Denmark?

Remember what happened the last time ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>