Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 95>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 09:44
Still getin over it Cry
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Sponsored Links

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 13:25
Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Still getin over it Cry

Same here Joe.
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 14:33

Very disappointing indeed, not the result but the manner of it. Genuinely don't see how you can give a fella a yellow card in the first minute of an All Ireland Semi Final for a shoulder challenge that was fractionally ill timed. If you compare that to the way Harmedy liked PK up with a full shoulder charge into the chest in the second half and then see that the sanctions are the same..........very disappointing indeed.

Reading reports in the papers saying that we didn't play as well as we had done against Galway etc.......fact is that Cork were far superior to Galway in all departments and that a team can only play as well as it is let. Having said that, one or two performances didn't come up to the mark but no one does that on purpose.

Was a fantastic year for the lads, getting promotion and winning Leinster so all involved can be rightly proud of their achievements but I do believe that all the players will be thinking that this is one we left behind. Be hard to see a semi final line up without KK, Tipp or Galway again.

Can't see any of the players jacking it so with one or two more young lads making their way in to the set up, Sean McLelland off Lucan and Conor Cronin and Cian O'Callaghan off Cuala for a start hopefully the management team will hang around too.

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2013 at 13:46
Weldone to the banner boys ,a great win for them ,feel sorry for the limerick minors over blind umpires and hawkeye ,jeez what will Davy Fitz be like in the final .
Still getin over our hurlers  
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2013 at 22:40
Big big game on Sunday.
The auld fella being from Kerry makes this personal. It is going to be really tight. There's a bit of hype about the Dubs which I never like, although I think Gavin like Gilroy is deliberately low-key to help counteract the gobsh*te brigade.
They have some serious footballers on their bench - Moran, O'Mahony, Sheehan, Donaghy. Have they got the form - but there's an old saying that springs to mind about that.....AS I said to my young fella, "your granddad has been much happier than your dad over the last 42 years when Dublin played Kerry"....
I think we should do it - I just think we have too much legs and pace, but if there's a brains trust that can exploit ger Brenan's lack of pace and the exposure of our fullback line, then it's them boys down south.
Heading in again with the three kids - hopefully it's better news in the big ball than we had in small ball.....
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2013 at 15:11
Here,s hoping ,if we play our own game we should win by 2 or 3 points ,,,but kerry are different animals when they face the boys in blue in croker and have no fear what so ever of us ...Tangled up in blue  
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2013 at 17:07
Dublin 3-18 Kerry 3-11

Well done the Dubs. Clap

What a classic game. Thumbs Up
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2013 at 13:47
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Dublin 3-18 Kerry 3-11

Well done the Dubs. Clap

What a classic game. Thumbs Up

I can't say how great a game this was on facebook

as I have a lot of friends there from Kerry

and know the pain they must be going through at the moment.

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2013 at 14:06
Seeing as no-one else is on the site

Come On The Banner !.
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2013 at 12:37
Cork didnt deserve to win and Clare didnt deserve to lose ,my god what a epic game of hurling as it has been the whole summer ,and we still dont know who will live with Liam Mc for the year yet  
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2013 at 11:15
only 2 more days to go ,,Come on the boys in Blue ,,,
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2013 at 22:25
Originally posted by whippersnapper whippersnapper wrote:

but if there's a brains trust that can exploit ger Brenan's lack of pace and the exposure of our fullback line, then it's them boys down south.

Well, I got some of my predictions right for the last game.

This time out....I reckon the Mayo lads are going to be big and strong and run at us in straight lines. I reckon Ger Brennan is going to be a key player Sunday - and I reckon he'll have a stormer. We need strngth to cope with these lads, they won't be as clever as the Kerry lads.

We've faced a lot of tests this year and we've come through everything bar the league game against Tyrone. For all our weaknesses (exposing our fullback line and being a touch greedy in front of goal) we have a lot of strengths

Against that, these boys from Mayo are hungry and Horan has cut out an awful lot of the nonsesne that traditionally goes on in Mayo. they're a serious outfit, make no mistake.

I reckon Mayo by 1 or 2 but I don't rule us out and I will be there with 2 kids screaming my head off....
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2013 at 10:04
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2013 at 09:52
Poor game in many ways. We have often played better but got less. Good atmos and great to have the three kids with me.
when are leagu fixtures out, need to plan all that out as i might take in an away game or two and am hoping for a few double headers now that small ball is back in top division....
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2013 at 15:14
The jacks are back
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2013 at 09:52
I was passing The Food Room in Clontarf yesterday,when 4 guys came out in front of me.I was behind them for a few yards and passed them out at the corner of Strandville Avenue and the entrance to the Police Station.On passing I noticed one happened to be Jack McCaffrey and he was moving very gingerly as I passed this speedster with ease.Must have been doing a lot of celebrating lately.
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2013 at 21:28
Great game today in the small ball - absolute pleasure to watch. Sportmanship, skill, heart, determination, guts, comebacks. It had it all. Truly a fabulous game.

How would we have fared had we got through? Nobody knows but that Clare team has a real chance of some serious domination if they keep their heads screwed on. Davey might find it right hard to keep all the feet on the ground and the elbows above counter height.

Brought one of the under 15's who is with the dublin development squad down to our under 8 training on Friday. The kids were amazed - he hit the ball over the bar from the other end of our all weather pitch. He told them to practice - I just hope they heard that one!
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2014 at 21:48
What a day yesterday
10am training with under 7's in Barrog
12 friendly with under 9's in Whitehall
5pm Walsh Cup Final Croker
7pm League v Kerry

Enjoyed every minute of it despite the cold - always nice to beat the auld fella's county in the big ball

for the hurlers it was a real mixed bag but I hope we don't persist too long with McCormack at 6 - too pivotal a position for a lad like that.

Might pop down to Mullingar next weekend with the childer and then head to Derry for a night out in March.

Can't beat the auld gaaaaah
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2014 at 16:21
Great that we're off again D. Was thinking about the Derry game but the hurlers are home to Clare the same day.

Once Rushe comes back I'm sure we'll be dispensing with McCormack at 6.

Thought we should have beaten KK given the respective strength of the two teams in relation to their perceived Championship 15s. Realistically we've only Rushe, Danny, Paul Schutte and Treacy to come back that will noticeably strengthen the team. Other than that it's players of similar standard to what we had out.

McCrabbe might offer us something different though. Fingers crossed although I do think we missed the boat last year.
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2014 at 16:11
Not a great start for our hurlers ,,beaten all over the pitch  ,only posistive was No 2 and the late Sub who scored the goal from Kilmacud ,,on a better note was St Vins win ,,mossy again ,he is such a talent and a real top guy off the pitch ,,,,A Paddies day out for the parish  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 95>