Print Page | Close Window

The GAA site

Printed From: The Grove Social Club
Category: Non Grove Related Stuff
Forum Name: Off Topic Forum
Forum Description: Discuss Anything off topic here - upcoming events etc.
URL: http://www.theGroveSocialClub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=591
Printed Date: 27-April-2024 at 16:52
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The GAA site
Posted By: joey the lips
Subject: The GAA site
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:00

Just thought maybe not everybody is into the gaa so why not give it its own forum,

First up just heard that the O,Byrne cup Final against Longford has been changed to Friday 8th of Feb under lights in Parnell Pk ,so it wont clash with the 6 nations against France on the 9th Feb

-------------
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Replies:
Posted By: Haviland Tuf
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:02

Good move re the thread (got onto lots of trouble over our last little chat! lol)

Friday night in PP might be a good thing.  Adds an extra level of athmosphere.

[ps Joey, what is your full name so I can tell my Dad I was chatting to you on here.]

-------------
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable

Posted By: Black Russian
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:12

Awww Jaysisi now we have a GAA topic and a Soccer one..... I think I give Bluebell a shout and we start a Formula 1 topic and a tennis one

P

-------------
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:19

Now Now only GAA talk aload here Pete

Send name onto you there H.T threw P.M

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:20
Got it Joe, thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:28
Any body got any veiws on the Cork players strike ,personaly i dont agree with the players holding the Board to ransom ,and feel like meath should get a walk over this week and be given the points ,i have a feeling if this was Dublin the game would not be postponed and we not would be given the time that the Cork  boys are getting

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:34
Totally agree, Dublin always treated differently.  But also if it was a smaller county (Laois, Leitrim) they would be told play or forfeit.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:35
Dead right about the weaker counties for sure

-------------

Posted By: Aries
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:46

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

Awww Jaysisi now we have a GAA topic and a Soccer one..... I think I give Bluebell a shout and we start a Formula 1 topic and a tennis one

P

Anyone for ruger !!!!!!!

-------------
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:56

I think all the other 31 Counties GAA players should all go out on strike with their fellow Cork players... No unity in this game

P

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:27
Good to see you talking about the Gaa Pete will we see ya in Parnell Pk at the weekend    

-------------

Posted By: Rolo
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:33

Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

Anyone for ruger !!!!!!!

................and you can feck right off with that one Gary.

No egg chasing discussions allowed.

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:38

Oh, just on Cork.................

It's a tricky one on the basis that I really do think that the Manager should be allowed to choose his own backroom team rather than have them imposed on him by the County Board. I reckon the only reason that plonker Frank Murphy and his buddies appointed Teddy Holland in the first place is that he was seen as someone who wouldn't kick and scream when this was imposed on him. Therefore he is seen by the players as a " Yes Man " and they have no confidence in him.

Hopefully the postponement of the Meath game for a week will allow enough time for the row to be settled.

I would also hope that it is resolved before we play them in Pairc Uí Rinn on 16th Feb and that they have very little training done and that we hammer them.

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:38
Sweet caption Rolo

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:39
He he he he he

-------------

Posted By: Bluebell
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:55

P

Only another 5 weeks to go Pete till the new Formula 1 season gets started......... come on Ferrari.

-------------
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter

Posted By: grainne_witch
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:31
In my opinion the ref allowed too much handball from the Dublin team in the Dublin Carlow match last Sunday! Otherwise Carlow would have come out far better!! What do you think Rolo???

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:32
Yeah, you're right Grainne..............and sure Philly McMahon was miles offside for our goal too .

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:35

I totally agree and he wasn't the only one - I think they were all offside to be honest!

I just LOVE this thread!!!!

Posted By: Blondie
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:35
LOL G just knew you would love this one really looking forward to your insights over the next few months

-------------
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:37

Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Good to see you talking about the Gaa Pete will we see ya in Parnell Pk at the weekend    

I doubt it Joey

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:41

Not this weekend its my son's 13th Birthday and having a bit of a party for him and cousins

P

-------------

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:43

Not this weekend its my son's 13th Birthday and having a bit of a party for him and cousins

P

Cas otherwise wild horses wouldnt keep u away

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:49

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

LOL G just knew you would love this one really looking forward to your insights over the next few months

ROFL I am so looking forward to it Joan!!

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:51
Originally posted by grainne_witch grainne_witch wrote:

ROFL I am so looking forward to it Joan!!

As are we G most of wot I have picked up over the last year all down to you so will watch this space................

-------------
Blondie

Posted By: verh
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:53

Yes Gary - Rugger it is - so you will be glued to the game this weekend.

V

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 21:35

Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Yes Gary - Rugger it is - so you will be glued to the game this weekend.

Come on V ,get with the programme................

NO DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE EGG CHASERS

Posted By: Uncle Arthur
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 21:47

Did you know that the GAA was set up originally to promote athletics, and re-establish the Tailteann Games. The organisation set out to model itself on the English Athletics Association.

Hurling and Football were just afterthoughts! 

-------------
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Posted By: star
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 21:54
ahhhhhhhh WRONG ROOM!!!!

-------------
Never Again on a school night! Famous last words

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 22:46
Originally posted by Uncle Arthur Uncle Arthur wrote:

Did you know that the GAA was set up originally to promote athletics, and re-establish the Tailteann Games. The organisation set out to model itself on the English Athletics Association.

Don't think that is right Uncle A I was always told it was set up for me Grainne Audrey Adams!! That's why I am such an expert about it all!!!

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 22:56
Originally posted by grainne_witch grainne_witch wrote:

Originally posted by Uncle Arthur Uncle Arthur wrote:

Don't think that is right Uncle A I was always told it was set up for me Grainne Audrey Adams!! That's why I am such an expert about it all!!!

G u will have to excuse UA he's a newbie hasnt had the benefit of ur expertise yet..................................................

-------------
Blondie

Posted By: Sharon
Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 23:25

Just for Rolo..lol

-------------
All I wanted was chips!!

Date Posted: 30-January-2008 at 23:27
Grainne Audrey Adams..........I like it 

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 08:44

Thanks Ver

Yes I will be in Croke Park to support out national ( 32 county ) team on Saturday.  

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 09:22
Originally posted by star star wrote:

ahhhhhhhh WRONG ROOM!!!!

Good one Sinead!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 10:45

Just Glad we GAA people can help out you Rugger and soccer boys   in your time of need , our facilities are not that bad for a amateur sport .so enjoy what we have to offer

Love the name Grainne

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 10:49
So kind of yous Joey!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 10:52
Ah sure we would not like to see you,s on the street

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 10:58

Ah sure we would not like to see you,s on the street

Speak for yourself there Joey.

Would have no problem at all if Girvan, Geordan, Dricco, Isaac, Jamie and the rest of the Egg Chasers were shunted off to the 15 acres up the Phoenix Park.

Ireland's Call me ar*e .

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:03

Only one comment in the last rant that I agree with and thats

"Irelands Call me arse".

I hate that song with a vengence. Bring back the National Anthem.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:12
Eh Gary..................sorry but I don't do rants, logical, well thought out and balanced arguments maybe, but definitely not rants .

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:38

EEh !     Right Rolo. Point taken

Now did you take the blue pill with the two little white ones this morning. Theres a good lad  

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:45
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Eh Gary..................sorry but I don't do rants, logical, well thought out and balanced arguments maybe, but definitely not rants .

Another way of saying "Just Waffling" out of him

-------------

Posted By: whippersnapper
Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:36

thanks be to God this thread is being kept clear of all non GAA stuff. Oh....

anyway - Cork:

just like a previous sporting disagreement (Saipan), I think there's wrong on both sides.

Frank Murphy is a symbol of all that is god awful about the GAA and the sport we love. He uses the rule book to get injustice rather than justice, he has a terrible combover unless I'm sorely mistaken, he comes across like a man who has never played a game, he lectures amateurs who give of their time for free while pocketing a salary himself and is a dictator who places yes men round the place

BUT, and this is a huge but, just like every other good administrator, the games would not happen without him. If nobody set up the fixtures, read the rules, applied the disciplinary hearings etc etc, then there would be no games. Each and every club, league etc, that I have ever played in had such characters. Desparate sad fellas one and all, but necessary.

the Cork county board voted for a motion designed to clip billy's wings. that is what we get from democracy - sometimes you get gobsh1tes voting for some terribly silly things

I read Tom humphrey's interview with Sean Og at the weekend. the players are right to believe that the board should give the manager his choice of selectors, that they should get boiled chicken rather than ham sambos (although quite how big a difference that really makes is questionable) etc. etc

But they are wrong to feel that they should ignore the deemocratic decision of the board. They should go to their club delegates and argue their case, persuade them of their position and get the delegates to convene an EGM and reverse the position. they can vote out Teddy and back Billy if they choose.

If Sean Og wants to cause a  revolution he would probably find far more backers in a small club anywhere in Cork then he would at county board level. Revolution start from the grassroots not from the palace. If you're inside the tent, all you're doing is p1ssing on those outside, you're not weakening the system from within, you're part of the system.

Anyway, they can't really go on strike - they can refuse to play. but the board could surely find 15 people in the whole of Cork to represent the county? If they really wanted to, there would never be a game without 15 rebels on the pitch.

But this is not about a strike, this is a power struggle

And Cork's biggest enemy (and I am speaking abpout both sides here) is their arrogance. That awful belief that they are the Independent Republic of Cork, that they are the real capital, that the Banks is the national anthem.

Very hard to find pity for any of them - the hurlers have slipped to Kilkenny and failed to keep pace, the footballers are still well short of real quality, the county board obnoxious.

c'mon the Dubs.

-------------
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:38
Just reading thaat Darragh O Se is staying on for another year with Kerry ,going for that 3 in a row i would say,Great news (Not) 

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:44
EXCELLENT READ WHIPPERSNAPPER, U HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.THE TAIL WAGGING THE DOG

-------------

Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 14:50
he he he

-------------

Posted By: maryi
Date Posted: 31-January-2008 at 20:37

Lads

I have been away for a few days - some good - some not so good.  However,  Was at a Referee's presentation in Croke Park.   All everyone was talking about was the Cork situation.  There was a meeting all day Saturday and all the players did was come up with more demands.   I agree with W.S. Smurf is an idiot!   He is arrogant and extremely important in his own mind but Donál Óg is as bad if not worse.   There is no pride in the Jersey, and no willingness to compromise on any front.   These players received the bones of €30,000 last year in free holidays, cars, tickets to matches (26 for quarter, semi and finals) to do with what they wished.   They have been placed in jobs which enable them to take time off as needed for training, challenge matches, etc.,   In Kerry the Gooch and Star are both Youth officers with A.I.B. They go around schools promoting the bank and I was told that If you wnat one of the players to open a fete or present medals to under aged teams the fee is between €500 and €2000.   Our local club here have forked out huge amounts for certain people to attend summer camps, present underage trophies and it is the same in every county.  

If I was managing the Cork Team - not one of them would ever see a cork jersey again.   They have insulted the people of their county.   The county board will always be there - the team will come and go.

There my rant is over !!!!

-------------
mary

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:14

Think you hit the nail on the head there Snapper def power struggle down in cork and reckon will be a lose lose situation in the end .

Quite frankly if the miss the whole season will anyone outside of Cork care I really dont think so .

Hoping to get to Parnell Park this saturday for my first game of the season Up the dubs

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:18

Gis a shout if ya make it J.

Will be in the usual spot, behind the Dug Out at the Killester end.

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:22
will do R going with the bro really looking forward to getting up close and personnel with my Jayo

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 12:18
It  is a 7 oclock kisck off isnt it ????/

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:32
Come on Ireland

-------------

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:38
 7 is correct Blondie ,and like u i am looking forward to the game ,looks like we could be in for a very Shi-ty night weather wise ,winter woollies will be the order of the day,and  a hot whiskey before and after to keep the nip at bay

-------------

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:44

How much are the tickets ???

-------------

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:52

7 is correct Blondie ,and like u i am looking forward to the game ,looks like we could be in for a very Shi-ty night weather wise ,winter woollies will be the order of the day,and  a hot whiskey before and after to keep the nip at bay

Tx Joey will wrap up warm thermals order of the day.

Not sure P think they are tenner

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 14:02
Should not be more than 15euros and kids under 16 are free

-------------

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 14:31

Tx Joey will wrap up warm thermals order of the day.

Not sure P think they are tenner

Enjoy the game

Be warned it is snowing here in Tralee hope it's not on its way to you

-------------
mary

Date Posted: 01-February-2008 at 18:12
To get warmer but wetter tomorrow.  How is the pitch in PP?  was pretty cut up after the last game?  If it rains tomorrow could be a bit muddy.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-February-2008 at 17:33

It  is a 7 oclock kisck off isnt it ????/

Nah J, it's a Seven O'Clock........... " Throw in "................Jeez .

We had our Under 12s out in Castleknock this morning, first year and first game in the "A" Division for us.

All that I will say is that we have a lot of work to do.

Date Posted: 02-February-2008 at 19:25

Hope any RUGGER fans enjoyed the game today (bad game) but sure they won......................................

V

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:19
Kerry beaten by Donegal - Yippee !!!!

-------------
mary

Date Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:37
Just spent a lovely evening in the new Jury's hotel beside Croke Park. For all you GAA fans it's a great place to spend an evening for a drink. Loads of pics on the walls on the hotel bar from Croke Park to get a good 'ol arguement going , every county is supported and lots of pics from gigs there too. Lovely hotel and well worth a visit.

-------------

Posted By: RoundaboutToo!
Date Posted: 04-February-2008 at 00:26
nice topie Joey, will drop in to brush up on my limited GAA knowledge

Originally posted by maryi maryi wrote:

err - but you live in Tralee?
My mum's from Kerry, Dad from Dublin - great fun in our house in the '70s when the 2 teams met many times in the final.

Date Posted: 04-February-2008 at 00:31

Aries  -  Still a few seats left for France next week........................................................ .................

V

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 04-February-2008 at 08:36

Ver

heading there on Friday morning

-------------

Date Posted: 04-February-2008 at 12:58

Originally posted by RoundaboutToo! RoundaboutToo! wrote:

nice topie Joey, will drop in to brush up on my limited GAA knowledge

Originally posted by maryi maryi wrote:

err - but you live in Tralee?
My mum's from Kerry, Dad from Dublin - great fun in our house in the '70s when the 2 teams met many times in the final.

Yep I live here but I am a DUB surrounded by Kerry people who think it's their god given right to win the Sam Maguire.   So YIPPEEEE !!!!

-------------
mary

Date Posted: 04-February-2008 at 13:09

Wondering what ya thought of our " performance " against Westmeath Joey.

Really showed us how much we need Berno and Alan Brogan in the forward line to get anything going at all.

Beginning to think that Vaughan thinks that he is there to kick frees and 45s and nothing else.

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 12:25

hey Rolo sorry for not geting back to you ,the computer decided to pack up for a few days,anyroad my thoughts on the game,not much to be honest ,2 fecking points from play from sopposely contenders for the All Ireland?????????.We really did miss the Brogan brothers,still a bit of a worry though,now as for Vaughan ,he is the type of player that can get under your skin has solved the free-kicking but has to give more to the team play,

On another note Gre Brennan =Leinster club football man of the year .well deserved ,not just saying that because he is a Vins man,hope he gets a run with the Dubs this year

As for your U12 ,my first outing with my U12 a few years ago we got hammered by Whitehall by 16 .2 to 1.0 ,2 years later we beat them in the Dublin champo final,so there is always something to work for ,best of luck with them ,at that age ,sport is for fun so enjoy and remember they will only get there first win ,once

-------------

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 12:36

Thanks Joey, that's what I told the kids on Saturday. This league is a huge step up for us so it will be interesting.

Agree about Ger, he has been top class in the last two years for Vins and fully deserved his run with Dublin last year. Just wondering that if ye manage to beat Cross, that will mean he won't be available until near the end of March. Might be too late to establish himself for the Championship at that stage.

Not sure I'm in favour of the club pulling the lads out to tell the truth. Really going to cost us on Sunday against Antrim with Fallon missing.

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:22

Fallon will be a big lose to the team ,dont really agree with rapping players up in blankets,need to be playing competive football,.Crossmaglen let there players off to play with Armagh last weekend,no bother there.I suppose its a hard call for Micky Whealen ,dammed if u do and if u don,t,.Tommy Naughton has done good work with the hurlers ,they just need a lucky break .Antrim will be a good test to see where they are at,but i think without Fallon they will strugle .  Do u know what time throw in is at ?? .

On another matter 

Does not look like Cork can agree on the colour of sh*te at the moment,geting very messy ,AHHHHHHHHHHHH

-------------

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:31

Dunno Joey, this just in from breaking news.ie

Cork Players to return to Field under certain Conditions.

The continuing controversy raging in the Rebel County took on a new twist today ahead of the now in doubt first National League match scheduled for this weekend.  In a statement released just after lunchtime the Cork Senior Inter County Footballers and Hurlers have issued a statement indicating that they would retake the playing field in the red jersey if the following ten conditions were met:

1. All inter-county players receive an apology from the Cork County Board for the embarrassment caused to the People of Cork for this "Laurel & Hardy" mess.

2. That all Cork matches home and away are played in Páirc Uí Chaoimh and no away supporters allowed admission to the ground.

3. The GAA rename the Sam Maguire Cup and the Liam McCarthy Cups the Jack Lynch Cups.

4. The Kerry football team will play in the Ulster Championship instead of the Munster championship.

5. The Cork Hurling team get automatic qualification to the All-Ireland semi-final every year.

6. That the illegitimate Football Manager Ted Holland, stands up at a meeting and admits he is illegitimate (that'll show the Ba*%$rd)

7. The government declare Cork city the official Capital of Ireland.

8. All future managers of the Cork teams have to undergo rigorous Psychological Assessment & in-depth Personality Profiling to see if they are up to the job.  (This will take the form of having to spend hours locked in a room listening to Donal Og Cusack & Sean Og OHalpin, if they survive this they will be considered)

9. Each player is to get 4 packets of Walkers Cheese & Onion and 2 bottles of 7-up after each match.

10. Frank Murphy is to keep his job if he desists with the embarrassing comb-over.

Labour Relations Chief Executive Kieran Mulvey commented that "these demands seemed reasonable but that the only sticking point could be Frank Murphy's hair".

On a more serious note, throw in on Sunday Afternoon is 2.30

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:51
Very Very Good Rolo  ROFL 

-------------

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 16:18
Excellent ,Rolo .Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 22:07

And on that note - Anyone wanting a ticket for the BIG match on Sat - France contact ARIES  -  Oh la la

V

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 06-February-2008 at 22:47
Great stuff Rolo, really laughed at that one!

-------------

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 09:18

Thanks for that Ver.

Just managed to get the number we needed ( in two seperate blocks ) so I have to seperate the troops

All very fine until the match is over and then have to reassemble to Possy. ( hope I spelt that right )

-------------

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 14:52
Good to hear the Brogan brothers will be back for 2moro nights game,anybody heading down to it.,and Gary enjoy urself in Paris ,

-------------

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 15:40
Ta Joe

-------------

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 15:49

Good to hear the Brogan brothers will be back for 2moro nights game,anybody heading down to it.

Yep Joey, will be feeding the Blue addiction at 7.30 tomorrow night.

Expecting a good performance from Longford, should be close enough.

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 16:45
Longford will be hungry to win this one but they have a number of injury problems.  Heading down with my pops to see it.  Could be a tough game.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 22:25

Gary,

Enjoy your rugger at the weekend - hope the cold clears up

V

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 07-February-2008 at 22:26
Hoping to joey but then hasnt worked out for me so far

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 08-February-2008 at 11:38

Should try and get down blondie ,has the makings of a good game,they gave us a big scare when we played them in Longford the last time,All depends on what Dublin team takes to the pitch if ya know what i mean.i feel Longford will be the more hungerier team,most likely there only chance of a bit of silverware ,anyroad looking forward to geting all tangled up in blue and few pints afterwards ,nice way to go into the weekend

-------------

Date Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:04
Enjoy the game Joey, let's hope we get the right result.  And more importantly fewer wides and a bit of a performance.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:30

Yep I know Joey but not looking good my bro who i normally would go to PP with cant make it and my beloved son has a huge project to finish over weekend and can see myself typing all evening at this rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope its on the box anyway Up the Dubs

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:38

Thats a pity ,all work and no play,i am not sure weather its on the TV or not,

Thanks HT you have a good one too

-------------

Date Posted: 09-February-2008 at 01:29
Wow, what a thieve, stole it from them.  Felt sorry for Longford.  They were better all over the park!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Stoner
Date Posted: 09-February-2008 at 04:44

Hopefully the dubs can go on with it, this could be a wake up call. There doesn't seem to be any easy beats anymore.

-------------
Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 09:29

Jaysus,What a turn around for the Dubs,and i am sure Longford just cannot get there head around it,to be leading for 72 mins of the game and who it has to be said were the far better team i thought on the nite,to say they were robbed is putting it mildly,fierce excitment for this time of year,was also at the hurling match yesterday thought Antrim would have put up a better fight than they did ,in saying that the Dub hurlers played very well indeed on what was a wierd day weather wise calm sunny and mild in PP in Feburary ,all in all good weekend for the Dubs .

As for Irelands call maybe the less said about that the better 

-------------

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 12:58

Some of the TV reports called Dublin's goals into question.  Looked at the game repeated on Setanta and could see nothing wrong with them myself.  Dublin are getting some good testing games from the off this year.

Good result against Antrim.  They beat us last year on a horrible day up in Belfast.  Match should have been called off.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 13:53

Wouldn't you just be distraught as a Longford fan after that.

They were,as you say Joey, by far the better team, Kavanagh is some player and with the support he got from both Bardens and McGee their performance fully deserved the win.Think we're to meet again in the Leinster Semi Final, all things going to plan.

Now I know it's " only the O'Byrne Cup " but great to see our lads go at it right 'til the end and sneak the win.

Did ya see Cullen throwing  Sheridan's kicking tee away as he attempted to take a quick kick out after our second goal ?

Quality .

Thought the Hurling lacked intensity yesterday, which was surprising given what was at stake as it now looks like Cork are history. Was talking to a fella from Cushendall at half time and he couldn't figure out why Antrim were so flat.

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 21:17

Know this is the wrong site - has anyone spare tickets for Twickenham Please ?????

If so - please give me a buzz or PM  many thanks, Verona

-------------
Verona

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 22:52

Well I have to say so enjoyed game the other night first visit to PP this year and wot a great nite to go .

Two goals in  the last wot 4/5 mins from my man jason wot more could a girl ask for

just hope my season hasnt peaked too soon !!!!!!!!

-------------
Blondie

Date Posted: 11-February-2008 at 23:54
Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Know this is the wrong site - has anyone spare tickets for Twickenham Please ?????

If so - please give me a buzz or PM  many thanks, Verona

Sorry V...............What's a Twickenham ?

Date Posted: 12-February-2008 at 09:30
Well Blondie glad to hear u made it to PP after all ,and a good nite to go aswell,and i know what u mean about the peaking  to early ,sure its only the start loads more drama to unfold.Dub Hurlers have a nice handy one this weekend against Killkenny  ,and i think our footballers will be geting a walk over from the Cork lads,fairplay play to them ,like 

-------------

Date Posted: 12-February-2008 at 17:15
Kilkenny this week, then Tipp and Wexford for the next games too.  A nice handy run!

-------------

Date Posted: 12-February-2008 at 17:26

Don't get me started on the NHL HT.

This time last year we were facing into home games with Kilkenny and Galway and away games with Antrim, Limerick and Tipperary in the knowledge that a good performance would see us safe in a nine team Division One for the 2008 season.

We go and play out of our skins and beat Galway and Limerick, draw with Kilkenny before a fixture cock up costs us a shot at the Quarter Finals................but relax, sure we've a nine team Division One to look forward to, complete with four attractive home games against the cream of the country's Hurling teams.

Next Minute...............Offaly start whinging, purely because they've played like pigs and end up being relegated to Division Two where they will have attractive games against the likes of Wicklow and Roscommon.

So, in it's wisdom, the GAA decide to bow to the pressure from Offaly,scrap the Nine team Division One and revert to the old system.

Hip Hip Hurray, we're still in the top tier, but we're down to two home games, Antrim and Cork........................and you know the rest.

Apologies for going on about this but it does my head in.

How are we going to maintain the development of hurling in Dublin if this is the way we are treated ?

Date Posted: 12-February-2008 at 19:42
Couldn't agree more.  Sometimes it feels as if the powers that be don't really want to see Dublin improve in Hurling at all.  It is bad enough to have to watch the blue shirt in football!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13-February-2008 at 13:23

Could be right there HT ,and Rolo can see this has hit a nerve with you,what went on last year was maddness,and anybody putting the work in ,in Dublin hurling must feel so feckin fustrated at times and the way things are going with Cork it looks like we had our one and only home game

Oh by the way a old chap at the match on Sunday said to me ,that Cork footballers and Hurlers have only given it up for Lent ,and will be back .Classic

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net