The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 95>
Author
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2008 at 21:44

Wow Joey, very nearly did it.  Just let it slip at the end.  Were you at it? 

Looking forward to Monday!!  Will have to watch it on telly from Roscommon though.

Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Sponsored Links

Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 10:35

Great win for Saint Vincents yesterday!  Watched it in my local in Roscommon and the people here were behind Vinnies too!   Jimmy Keavney was born just down the road I was told.

bet Joey has a bit of a sore head this morning!  HOW ARE YOU DOING JOE!!!

whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 13:53

Great result yesterday

Plans to go were kiboshed by chicken poxs and screaming toddler, but caught bits and pieces between tv and radio

Let's hope it's not the last silverware coming to Dublin this year

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 13:55
I know Snapper, I'm starting to look at omens...........'95 and '76 .
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 21:54

ok Ronan Blonde moment here 21 years between 76 and 95 but only only 13 between 95 and 08 ....................

so what am I missing ?????????

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 22:10

Sorry J, last two occasions a Dublin club won the All Ireland Club...............Vinnies in '76 and Crokes in '95, clutching at straws I know but I'll take any positive omens at this stage .

Can also quote '74 when UCD were the Club champions,but they don't count.

Edited by Rolo
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 22:33
LOL ok R will let you off hope its not only straws we end up clutching this September..............
Blondie
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 03:12
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

ok Ronan Blonde moment here 21 years between 76 and 95 but only only 13 between 95 and 08 ....................

ok, when I last counted there was 20 years between '76 and '95 inclusive and 14 between '95 and '08. Must be being blonde and an Arsenal supporter.

Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 21:31
Originally posted by Stoner Stoner wrote:

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

ok, when I last counted there was 20 years between '76 and '95 inclusive and 14 between '95 and '08. Must be being blonde and an Arsenal supporter.

Who said anything about inclusive donal u cheeky sod its exclusive from the verb exclude which is wot u will be when u come home in the summer if u're not carefull

Blondie
muller View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2008 at 08:14
I'm in the Metro - page 24 wearing my Dubs' jersey. Fame at last
Life is for living
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2008 at 10:05
Originally posted by muller muller wrote:

I'm in the Metro - page 24 wearing my Dubs' jersey. Fame at last

Well share with the group!

A man must have a code
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2008 at 18:57

Photo in today's Independent of Vaughan hitting Damien Freeman. It's like a cartoon with the crumpled face. He hit him hard by the looks of it.

Great photo

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 00:35

Not hard enough,sure didn't he get up again .

Jaysis,those Monaghan boys were some shower of whingers,see the state of Cullen's eye or the kick Collie Moran got in the chest.

Thirteen scores of which twelve were frees,they were going down like the proverbial sacks of spuds all over the pitch. Ref must've been on glue.

Happy enough with our performance,considering were without 3 All Stars, although slightly disappointed we didn't hold on for the win. Those two ridiculous frees at the end (particularly the last one ) ost us dearly.

Anyway, off to Crossmaglen next Sunday full of confidence.

muller View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 09:21
I tried, Finno, but it wasn't clear enough to read. I'll try the Irish Times archive
Life is for living
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 09:34

Some complaint this morning about a headbutt on Tommy Freeman from one of the Dublin officials?

Anyway, it's only handbags. Or a shemozzle as the great Michael O Hehir used call them. Back in the days when men were men and all that

Saw a bit of the programme about Christy Ring the other night and there were the usual stories of Tipp's Hells Kitchen. Nobody knew who hit someone, but all admitted to shkelping away somewhere in the mill.

Hope we never lose that physicality out of our game - even if it can lead to some serious bouts of pulling and dragging. but this concept that defending is wrong and we should all just stand and admire the skillful players gets right up my nose. Apply the laws and protect players from injury - sure. but not too far. some of the great of the game were just as capable of minding themselves as they were of doing something with the ball.

joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 16:19
Well i made it back ,some session ,All Ireland ChampionsWill get posting on the moro
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 10:12
Ha Joey, did you only crawl back into the real world now?
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 08:50
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Ref must've been on glue.

Now now Rolo - I'll send me hubby after ya !!! ( If I can get him off the Glue!!)

mary
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 09:31

hI HT,yea back in the real world ,dont know if i like it or not,but what can you do,happy days up in the club ,did your Father get to go to the game.

As for the Dublin football game on Sunday ,could have lost it and could have won it,and could have lost it again,at least they were up for the fight,still very early to judge them ,i would love to know who butted Freeman????????????/anybody any ideas

Delighted for our hurlers to stay up ,the ripples of the Cork boys strike still going on

Oh Rolo seen you Sunday evening on Malihide Rd ,waved at ya ,but to no avail,will be playing your Inters this Sunday in St Annes at 1 o clock in the open cup could be a good one if your around ,this weekend will be a good test for the lads up in crossmaglen 

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2008 at 17:08

Sorry Joey, never saw you. Chances are was on my way to HBs for one or two swifties after the match.

Just back from Cross,couldn't believe how handy a trip it was. Made it in just over an hour. Pity here was no match to watch .

Edited by Rolo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 95>