Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 95>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2008 at 22:04
Hey Joey congrats hear your crowd did it today hope u enjoyed
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Sponsored Links

Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2008 at 23:17
Great first half and they defended enough in the second to see it home.  Nemo next!   Roll on paddy's day.
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2008 at 23:42
Went down to Navan myself to support Vincents as as a fellow Dublin club. Good performance and a great result. Watching Pat Gilroy still playing at 37/38 makes me contemplate putting the boots back on myself!
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2008 at 23:46
Hope you aare a bit slimmer!!!  Pat could lose a kilo or so.  Uses his weight well though.
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 00:25

Great result for Vinnies, bring on Nemo now!!!

Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 05:28

My sister's fella used to play for Vinnies and as he says typically when he stops playing they start winning. He's also travelling around South America on his way to Australia so he was disappointed that he missed the game but happy that they won.

Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 10:59

Yehaa ,what a day ,a game of two halves ,a very strong wind down in Navan .Cross did not know what hit them and before they knew it the game was over as a contest ,Jaysus it was like the end of the world down in the club 3 to 4 deep at the bar ,a great nite was had ,now my head is confortably numb,but who cares Croke Pk here we come ,would have never have thought of it at the start that we would be in the All Ireland come March ,a Dublin championship was all we wanted ,its unreal and the final chapter is not written yet,Come on the Parish .           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;    Thanks Blondie is was good to meet ya on Friday ,did you make the game HT ,i would say your Da  was a happy man

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 11:19
I didn't make it but he came home very happy allright.  Saw it on TG4.  The whole team put in a performance.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 11:42

Nice one Joey, looks like ya spent the whole weekend Comfortably Numb, judging from your performance on Friday Night .

Delighted that all the predictions went down the tubes.A really strong performance from start to finish.Just like the Portlaoise game they sprung out of the blocks with the early goals

Hats off to Mickey, Shane, Tony and the rest of the ( seems like hundreds of them ) wise men for getting the tactics spot on.

Other commitments kept me from travelling down so thanks to Uncle Arty ( AKA Slim  ) for bringing my two young fellas.

whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 13:31

Big win for the vins. A real aristocrats game between Nemo and themselves coming up.

think I'll head into that one - I was there for the Isles game a few years back, although the Dublin team that day didn't do justice to their abilities.

Tends to be a really good day out - good natured and genuine people following their own. what it's all about

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2008 at 17:08

Joey,

Just for you - a really nice win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGR_lpJ2BEs

mary
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 09:32

Mary ,appricate that ,did not get to see any of it on TV ,what a goal ,what a team, what a day,as you say a really nice win,one more hurdle to go ,and your right Darack it does tend to be good day out sure isn,t it our Paddy,s day,..P.G we can do the Job ,but Nemo will have a big say on how the day Pans out .but sure win or loose we will go on the booze.

On another note anybody heading to cavan the weekend to watch our boys in Blue,i can,t do ,on- call payback for last weekend.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 11:34

Yeah Joey, heading up after our U12 Match.

Hope to leave about 2 Bells, get up there about 4, plenty of time to explore downtown Cavan .

whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 13:38

Throw in must be at five past rolo ?

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 13:59

You said it 'Snapper.

Once we find the local Macari's or Liugi's it'll be job done .

In fairness Cavan is a handy run and Breffni Park is on the Dublin side on the way in so won't be too much grief.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 16:21
Enjoy Rolo ,who are your U12 playing the weekend,and r the shown signs of inprovement
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2008 at 16:36

We've Skerries in our first Hurling match of the year this weekend.

First signs of improvement last week, only lost by three points .

Loads of encouraging signs. Just think the step up from Div 3 to Div 1 was too much for us.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2008 at 12:37

Well Rolo ,not a great game by any means ,i suppose with the way the weather was ,hard to play football.We will take the win and keep moving forward.Well was it Liugi,s or Marcardi,s

How did your U12 do the weekend ,were u away or at home ,that is a big jump from Div 3 to 1 but at the same time thats where u want to be at, playing the best .We have our first game away to N-Mearnogs this weekend start of the open cup,it will be great to get a game under us

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2008 at 13:15

Neither Joey, stopped at a place called The Lavey Inn,about ten clicks outside Cavan,must say the grub was top class and great value too.

Conditions didn't lend themselves to good football but in previous years we wouldn't have had the stomach for the battle and might well have lost the game. Great to see the lads going right to the end.

Also great to see " The Big White Gloves " make their first appearance of the year.What a legend .

Funny though, I reckon he was sitting on the bench in the wind and rain,praying that he wouldn't get the call but with Eamo walking the disciplinary tightrope,Pillar had no choice.

Lost our first Hurling game of the season on Saturday Joey. Very unlucky to do so. Add the fact that we've one fella out with a broken leg,one with a broken thumb and another who injured himself in the Warm Up...................................

Best of luck against Mearnóg. Don't be put off by the jerseys. It's the only resemblance to Kilkenny they enjoy .

Edited by Rolo
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2008 at 11:10

Hard luck Rolo,you semed to have a few injuries ,(Injured in the warm up ) .that brings me back to a U14 all Ireland fiele simi final and the best player during the whole competion is running out to start the game and slips and breaks his ankle without even a puc of the ball ,???

As for Marnog ,dont know what they will be like ,they have come up from Div 2,of which i believe the won easy,so a bit of an unknown,and as for the jersey they have a new kit now that does not resemble the Cats to much compared to there old one,anyway it will be just good to get everybody back   in the game again ,better than any training session .

Will anybody be heading down to P.P this Sunday .will we feel the backlash of the Rebel hurlers,jaysus wouldnt it be great to put one up to them ,ahh wishfull thinking HMMMMMMMMMMM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 95>