Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 95>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 10:36

Not far off........ it's Clucko, Fitz, Rory, Philly,Nolan, Brennan, McCarthy, Cahill, McCauley, Flynn, Maxi, Cullen, Berno, Dermo, AB.

Up the Dubs.

Sponsored Links

joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 11:33

Not far of at all Rolo ,,feel sorry for mossy ,and i am sure a few lads are peeved that Rory can just walk back into the startin 15 after missing the whole league,,,still not sure Dermo is the man ,,sometimes he just does not look interested at all  ,,and i still think Brennan is to small for CB,,,lookin at that longford and Laois game we should hammer them ,,butterflies in the stomach already ,,,tangled up in blue ,,,

man where does the time go ,,does not feel that long ago we were talking about that Dublin and Cork game  

Edited by joey the lips
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 11:35

Ok ,,guess the score ,,free pint next meet up for nearest score

Dublin --2--13

Laois----0---11

Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 12:52
Dublin   ----0----11
Laois    ----2----13

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 12:57
God i hope your wrong pete
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 13:09

Agree about Mossy Joey. Great man to grab a goal early in a game when it's tight and has been flying this year in the first half of every game he started.

Score...............think we'll be far too good for them.

Dublin 3 - 15

Laois  0 -  12

Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 21:05

Dublin 1-15

Laois 1-10

UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 22:02
Dublin 3-7
Laois 2-5

Don't know about hammering them. They got over a nasty shock last day out, we threw away a lead last time out.

Rory had some good games last year, but the Meath match will last long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Hadn't he missed some games or played small ball that week?

I reckon Giller is picking a few lads on test for this game - as if reckoning that we can still win even if he has to replace them.

Can't see Cahill and McAuley as a combo working out for the champo - Cahill just doesn't look a central player to me at this level - does a job in his position but not one to mop up after others and boss a whole area. McAuley has great skills but also some big missings in his game and needs a kicker alongside him. Maybe that's Cullen's role - tag alongside MCMcA and get ball off him and deliver early to the clinical inside forwards. Like that if it works.

Very surprised to see Cullen makde capitano to be honest - he was much better last year but still not sure that I would start him in every game so wouldn't have him as captain. Not sure who I'd go for - our certain starters have questions about their tempermant (Philly, Ger, Clucko), their ability to inspire and lead (Alan, Cahill) or have enough on their plate to play their own game (Diarmuid, Bernard).

Hope my negativity has done the job and we batter the boggers for the summer.
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2011 at 11:15

Think Rory needs games D and is among our best defenders.

Game plan left him terribly exposed against Meath last year ( game plan which IMHO was intended to, how can I put it ................... prove that the traditional Dublin way of playing 15V15 just wasn't good enough any more and that if Giller needed time to perfect his way of playing,then the Qualifiers were just the place to do it ) .

We are definitely struggling in Mid Field though and hopefully McConnell and Fennell can get someway fit and provide an alternative,otherwise we will defo struggle against the better teams down the road.

Just think that there are plenty of scores in this team and goal chances will be created.

Need to make sure we take them though.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2011 at 13:46
I think Giller had some troubles with certain fellas early last year who were trying to play their way rather than the Giller way. It was noticeable that some guys just didn't get the run that they thought they were deserving of - can only be one style of play and everyone has to buy into it. If they do and it doesn't work, the buck stops with the manager. If the lads refuse to play his way, he has a decision to make.

Agree with you on Rory, but it's still a big call bringing a fella back after teaching in France (and I know he played some club ball). some lads can do that (Tom sullivan and Mike Mc were legends for Kerry), but other lads need the constanr practice to bring the best out of their game.

We should have more than enough - but we're at that time of year when a couple of little mistakes can cost you dear.
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2011 at 13:55

The dubs won fairly comfortably yesterday. Overall a good run out, but never really had to get out of 2nd/3rd gear. Laois appeared a limited side.

Bigger challenges to come - Kildare, up next looked strong and fit - should be an interesting one.

Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2011 at 11:16

Agree Sister1, thought we had plenty in the tank in some areas of the field if required.

Well beaten at midfield though and this continues to be a huge worry. Laois were so poor in the forwards that this didn't cost us.Kildare won't be as weak.

Great work by their keeper though. Cost me a pint off Joey .

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2011 at 16:19

Dublin --2--13   (1--16)

Laois----0---11  (0--11)

Hey think i owe myself a pint

Ok Job done ,,lots of work to do for the next game ,,,i feel this is the Leinster final ,whoever wins between the lilies and ourselves should take the cup..

Kildare look as fit as dublin and have a few more leaders than we have overall ,,this one is so close to call ,,both teams made the simi final last year and both teams could off been in the final ,after the 26th we will see where we really are at ,,

As for Meath  ,,maybe Kildare will give them a re-match .....Justice was done ,,and makes up for kildare been robbed by Bennys goal last year

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2011 at 11:50

Getting excited about the trip to Tullamore for the Galway game on Saturday evening now.

Dublin camp is oozing confidence, Tomás is likely to start and Joey is improving daily although this game may come too quickly for him.

They are missing their best forward, Iarla Tannian, from the league through injury although in Big Joe they have a more than capable replacement .

If all of our fellas play with the intensity we showed against KK in the League Final,there's no reason why we can't beat them.

Anyone else heading down ?

DONDON View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
73-77

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DONDON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2011 at 15:27
 I wish them luck 
Grover from 73(old Grove)

In the year of the bankers and developers
When recession raged across the land
there were many driven by the hopelessness to set sail for the Americas and Australia
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2011 at 22:31
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Getting excited about the trip to Tullamore for the Galway game on Saturday evening now.

Dublin camp is oozing confidence, Tomás is likely to start and Joey is improving daily although this game may come too quickly for him.

They are missing their best forward, Iarla Tannian, from the league through injury although in Big Joe they have a more than capable replacement .

If all of our fellas play with the intensity we showed against KK in the League Final,there's no reason why we can't beat them.

Anyone else heading down ?

Planning to at the minute - plan for Saturday is Naomh Barrog, hop in car and head towards Shannonbridge, say hello to outlaws and then onwards to Tullamore for the game.

Big big game - we shoulda bet them in Parnell, but they can beat anyone on their day. they have as much talent as anyone and have done for years. They can put it together when they want and they might just want to put us in our box.

But, we have a serious outfit and Tomas will add a huge amount if he's ready. He will attack anything put into Jow - he just needs to make sure Corcoran, Kelly or Gough (2 of 3) provide cover for him in behind.

It's a real test make no mistake....
DONDON View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
73-77

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DONDON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2011 at 09:28
Hoping for a goal feast from the Dubs
Grover from 73(old Grove)

In the year of the bankers and developers
When recession raged across the land
there were many driven by the hopelessness to set sail for the Americas and Australia
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2011 at 19:14
Originally posted by DONDON DONDON wrote:

Hoping for a goal feast from the Dubs

No harm hoping, but I wouldn't go expecting. Our lot wouldn't be always the most clinical goal machine of all time. Points galore, but we've no Eddie Brennan/DJ type yet. Plenty of time yet for someone to step into that but I'll be happy with any sort of win....
Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2011 at 01:14

Tullamore here we come. Confidently expecting victory.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - we'll win a Liam McCarthy before we win a Sam Maguire!

UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2011 at 12:35

Named as.........

Maguire,Corcoran,Brady,Gough,McCaffrey,Kelly,Durkin,Rushe, McCrabbe,McCormack,O'Dwyer,Keaney, Carton,Dotsy, Ryan.

Would be surprised if they line out that way though.

Think it should be........

Maguire,Gough,Brady,Kelly,Corcoran,Rushe,Durkin,McCaffrey, McCrabbe with the forwards the same.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 95>