Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 95>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2011 at 15:15
Offaly 0 - 6 Dublin 2 - 12

At half time.

Edited by monarch
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Sponsored Links

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2011 at 10:25
No slip up this time ,,Dublin controlled the game from start to finish and once Offaly had a man send of it was really game over ,,next up wexford ,,,Come on the boys in Blue
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2011 at 14:40

Correct Joey, after the first 15 minutes when Offaly tried to batter us off the pitch we controlled the whole game. Your man's hit on Maguire was appalling and deserved more than a yellow card. How the referee played advantage is a complete mystery. If Offaly had turned over posession they had an empty goal to shoot into. Ridiculous. Fair play to Gary though,he had a stormer afterwards.

Great spread of scorers with the young lads contributing plenty,great game from McCaffrey who seemed to be everywhere and two nice goals from Ryan O'Dwyer.

If we can turn over the Wexicans next week...........................dare to dream .

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2011 at 15:57
Dublin 3-14 Wexford 2-10

with 10 minutes to go.

Dublin 3 - 19 Wexford 2 - 14

with 1 minute to go.

Edited by monarch
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2011 at 18:59

A win for the footballers to 0-13 to 1-9 against Monaghan  not very pretty but a wins a win.

Thats 4 from 4 now with three left to play Mayo Down and last but not least Galway looking good so far heres hoping................

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2011 at 00:23

Another great result on the road for our hurlers. Time was we'd go to Wexford and Tullamore hoping against hope that we might put up a good performance and not get hammered. Now we expect to win and have hammered both of them.

Keaney didn't make it,neither did Peter Kelly and Hiney had to go off with a suspected cruciate injury ( scan tomorrow so fingers crossed.) Real strength in depth in the panel now and a monster game against Galway in PP on 27th.

Both our senior teams top of the League after 4 games. Don't get much better.

Footballers out of jail today, Monaghan 15 wides and 8 into Clucko's hands but in other years we'd have lost that game.

Couldn't make either game today ( club commitments  ) so looking forward to next couple of weekends.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2011 at 12:52

Very bad news for hurling captain, Stephen Hiney.

Anterior cruciate injury rules him out for the season. This the 3rd such injury to hit us in the last year with David Treacy and Shane Stapleton coming to the end of their recovery period.

Best of luck to Stephen in his recovery and hopefully the rest of the lads can go out and give him something to smile about.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2011 at 22:30
Has it ever happened before that the hurlers and the footballers both topped the league at the same time ????????
Blondie
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2011 at 09:38

Yeah Blondie ,,we were in this posistion last year but we had not played all the big guns,,and then it all went wrong for the hurlers and the footballers were a bit unlucky not to get to the final  ,,and if you look at the hurlers again this year their last 3 games are against Galway ,Cork and then Killkenny,,,anyroad at least we are both safe and will remain in Div 1 next year.

Hiney will be a big lose ,,hope he makes a good recovery  ,it will test Daly,s panel again ,,

2 good games in Croker yesterday ,,some turn around for Clarebridge

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2011 at 22:24

Tx Joey well was at croaker yesterday interesting game to say the least ..................... Took my friend marie from London along she reckons her arm is black and blue from me grabbing her arm either in delight or despair.............................

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2011 at 23:52
Was like a training match yesterday with the amount if handy scores
both teams got. Still, happy with the way we are going, scoring plenty
and the best of our backs still to return to the team. See the difference
Philly and Kev Nolan made when they came on to steady the ship.
Champo team taking shape now although we are struggling badly in
midfield.

Nice to see you and Marie the other night J . Love the new accent
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 15:09
Huge game for our hurlers this weekend and in the confines of Parnell,,the two in form teams .. can we remain unbeaten ..bring on the tribe 
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2011 at 23:02
Have given Galway a good game every time we have played them
over the last few years. Two league wins in Parnell, a two point defeat
down there last Easter with us down to 14 and the recent Walsh Cup
win when we were also down to 14. Can go into this with great
confidence even with the injuries we have. Can't wait for this one.
Have to make sure to hit the road from Wexford in plenty of time to
get back in time for the Throw In.
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2011 at 14:23
Well cant fault our effort ,,but 19 wides tells it,s own story ,,,not Keaney,s day missed peno and i think he sent nine wide ,,feel like we blew the chance for a final ,,sitting 3rd in the table now ,and  Killkenny and Cork to play ,,,will keep the faith 
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2011 at 17:19

An awful pity Joey but the wides definitely killed us.On another day Keaney would have knocked over at least three of those frees. The pressure of the Galway backs certainly contributed to the wides from play and to our failure to score any goals.Always been our main problem against the better teams.

Plenty of positives though,matched them physically even though some of their challenges were a little suspect,the return to form of Gough,the performances of Brady, Corcoran and Boland and our ability to overcome the hammer blows of the missed peno and the first goal.

Negatives for me,failure to remove the free taking duties from Keaney sooner once it was obvious he was having a bad day,failure to get Dec O'Dwyer or even Conor Clinton on for Carton who was having a poor day,failure to replace Durkin earlier who was clearly struggling and who was the target of all of their puck outs in the last fifteen minutes.

Also thought the ref was poor,letting some bad stuff go on both sides. Should have sent Donnellan off after his clothes line on Corcoran and should have given us a second penalty.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2011 at 10:16

Hopefully thats our bad game out of the way and we skin the cats

Agree about Ref ,,wonder if we got the second peno ,,of which there was no doubt,,it was ,,would Keaney have been given the job ??

Diffo one game that we gave away

whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2011 at 21:45
Lovely weather in Parnell.Enjoyed the game, and think the kids enjoyed it. I'm telling them they did anyway....

Gas to see Anthony Daly walk out past us as we walked in so he could go in and have a slash. you wouldn't get that in the Premiership

Think we take a long time to get ball into hand and have done for a long time. Small things like that make a big difference, particularly come champo

Great battling from the boys - Boland and Brady are as solid as. But we always seem to have one in the full back line who has a bad day.

Does Joey Boland switch hands to catch a ball when he has time and space? Have to bring him down to Barrog with the five year olds and teach him the basics again. Is he injured? He's a loss.

We are there or thereabouts - but on a bad day Antrim beat us, on a good day we are a match for anyone.

I see more and more hurls round town - that's the really important bit. The future. Would love to see this bunch gain a medal, but if they inspire a future bunch, then that's as important.
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2011 at 21:55

Looking forward to Croaker tomorrow never seen the Kilkenny hurlers so that will be a treat specially if we win. Then Jeward  and finally Down should be a good match.

Alan Brogan was in our offices today got his mobile number just in case I need tickets come September

Blondie
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2011 at 18:52
Dublin 1 - 17 Kilkenny 3 - 11

Wow! what a last few minutes.
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2011 at 21:28
Another epic - couldn't make it on Saturday, but amazing comeback and great fighting spirit. Need to cut down on the wides and we can destroy many a team. Big big game in "de park" next week

Long way to go between now and September but a league title would be a big deal for our footballers and the hurlers are already doing everything we could have hoped for.

Good times.
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 95>