The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 95>
Author
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 16:45
Longford will be hungry to win this one but they have a number of injury problems.  Heading down with my pops to see it.  Could be a tough game.
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Sponsored Links

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 22:25

Gary,

Enjoy your rugger at the weekend - hope the cold clears up

V

Verona
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 22:26
Hoping to joey but then hasnt worked out for me so far
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2008 at 11:38

Should try and get down blondie ,has the makings of a good game,they gave us a big scare when we played them in Longford the last time,All depends on what Dublin team takes to the pitch if ya know what i mean.i feel Longford will be the more hungerier team,most likely there only chance of a bit of silverware ,anyroad looking forward to geting all tangled up in blue and few pints afterwards ,nice way to go into the weekend

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:04
Enjoy the game Joey, let's hope we get the right result.  And more importantly fewer wides and a bit of a performance.
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:30

Yep I know Joey but not looking good my bro who i normally would go to PP with cant make it and my beloved son has a huge project to finish over weekend and can see myself typing all evening at this rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope its on the box anyway Up the Dubs

Blondie
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2008 at 15:38

Thats a pity ,all work and no play,i am not sure weather its on the TV or not,

Thanks HT you have a good one too

82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2008 at 01:29
Wow, what a thieve, stole it from them.  Felt sorry for Longford.  They were better all over the park!!!!
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2008 at 04:44

Hopefully the dubs can go on with it, this could be a wake up call. There doesn't seem to be any easy beats anymore.

Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 09:29

Jaysus,What a turn around for the Dubs,and i am sure Longford just cannot get there head around it,to be leading for 72 mins of the game and who it has to be said were the far better team i thought on the nite,to say they were robbed is putting it mildly,fierce excitment for this time of year,was also at the hurling match yesterday thought Antrim would have put up a better fight than they did ,in saying that the Dub hurlers played very well indeed on what was a wierd day weather wise calm sunny and mild in PP in Feburary ,all in all good weekend for the Dubs .

As for Irelands call maybe the less said about that the better 

82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 12:58

Some of the TV reports called Dublin's goals into question.  Looked at the game repeated on Setanta and could see nothing wrong with them myself.  Dublin are getting some good testing games from the off this year.

Good result against Antrim.  They beat us last year on a horrible day up in Belfast.  Match should have been called off.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 13:53

Wouldn't you just be distraught as a Longford fan after that.

They were,as you say Joey, by far the better team, Kavanagh is some player and with the support he got from both Bardens and McGee their performance fully deserved the win.Think we're to meet again in the Leinster Semi Final, all things going to plan.

Now I know it's " only the O'Byrne Cup " but great to see our lads go at it right 'til the end and sneak the win.

Did ya see Cullen throwing  Sheridan's kicking tee away as he attempted to take a quick kick out after our second goal ?

Quality .

Thought the Hurling lacked intensity yesterday, which was surprising given what was at stake as it now looks like Cork are history. Was talking to a fella from Cushendall at half time and he couldn't figure out why Antrim were so flat.

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 21:17

Know this is the wrong site - has anyone spare tickets for Twickenham Please ?????

If so - please give me a buzz or PM  many thanks, Verona

Verona
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 22:52

Well I have to say so enjoyed game the other night first visit to PP this year and wot a great nite to go .

Two goals in  the last wot 4/5 mins from my man jason wot more could a girl ask for

just hope my season hasnt peaked too soon !!!!!!!!

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2008 at 23:54
Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Know this is the wrong site - has anyone spare tickets for Twickenham Please ?????

If so - please give me a buzz or PM  many thanks, Verona

Sorry V...............What's a Twickenham ?

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2008 at 09:30
Well Blondie glad to hear u made it to PP after all ,and a good nite to go aswell,and i know what u mean about the peaking  to early ,sure its only the start loads more drama to unfold.Dub Hurlers have a nice handy one this weekend against Killkenny  ,and i think our footballers will be geting a walk over from the Cork lads,fairplay play to them ,like 
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2008 at 17:15
Kilkenny this week, then Tipp and Wexford for the next games too.  A nice handy run!
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2008 at 17:26

Don't get me started on the NHL HT.

This time last year we were facing into home games with Kilkenny and Galway and away games with Antrim, Limerick and Tipperary in the knowledge that a good performance would see us safe in a nine team Division One for the 2008 season.

We go and play out of our skins and beat Galway and Limerick, draw with Kilkenny before a fixture cock up costs us a shot at the Quarter Finals................but relax, sure we've a nine team Division One to look forward to, complete with four attractive home games against the cream of the country's Hurling teams.

Next Minute...............Offaly start whinging, purely because they've played like pigs and end up being relegated to Division Two where they will have attractive games against the likes of Wicklow and Roscommon.

So, in it's wisdom, the GAA decide to bow to the pressure from Offaly,scrap the Nine team Division One and revert to the old system.

Hip Hip Hurray, we're still in the top tier, but we're down to two home games, Antrim and Cork........................and you know the rest.

Apologies for going on about this but it does my head in.

How are we going to maintain the development of hurling in Dublin if this is the way we are treated ?

82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2008 at 19:42
Couldn't agree more.  Sometimes it feels as if the powers that be don't really want to see Dublin improve in Hurling at all.  It is bad enough to have to watch the blue shirt in football!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 13:23

Could be right there HT ,and Rolo can see this has hit a nerve with you,what went on last year was maddness,and anybody putting the work in ,in Dublin hurling must feel so feckin fustrated at times and the way things are going with Cork it looks like we had our one and only home game

Oh by the way a old chap at the match on Sunday said to me ,that Cork footballers and Hurlers have only given it up for Lent ,and will be back .Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 95>