The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 95>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2008 at 19:25

Hope any RUGGER fans enjoyed the game today (bad game) but sure they won......................................

V

Verona
Sponsored Links

maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:19
Kerry beaten by Donegal - Yippee !!!!
mary
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:37
Just spent a lovely evening in the new Jury's hotel beside Croke Park. For all you GAA fans it's a great place to spend an evening for a drink. Loads of pics on the walls on the hotel bar from Croke Park to get a good 'ol arguement going , every county is supported and lots of pics from gigs there too. Lovely hotel and well worth a visit.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 00:26
nice topie Joey, will drop in to brush up on my limited GAA knowledge

Originally posted by maryi maryi wrote:

err - but you live in Tralee?
My mum's from Kerry, Dad from Dublin - great fun in our house in the '70s when the 2 teams met many times in the final.

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 00:31

Aries  -  Still a few seats left for France next week........................................................ .................

V

Verona
Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 08:36

Ver

heading there on Friday morning

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 12:58

Originally posted by RoundaboutToo! RoundaboutToo! wrote:

nice topie Joey, will drop in to brush up on my limited GAA knowledge

Originally posted by maryi maryi wrote:

err - but you live in Tralee?
My mum's from Kerry, Dad from Dublin - great fun in our house in the '70s when the 2 teams met many times in the final.

Yep I live here but I am a DUB surrounded by Kerry people who think it's their god given right to win the Sam Maguire.   So YIPPEEEE !!!!

mary
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 13:09

Wondering what ya thought of our " performance " against Westmeath Joey.

Really showed us how much we need Berno and Alan Brogan in the forward line to get anything going at all.

Beginning to think that Vaughan thinks that he is there to kick frees and 45s and nothing else.

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 12:25

hey Rolo sorry for not geting back to you ,the computer decided to pack up for a few days,anyroad my thoughts on the game,not much to be honest ,2 fecking points from play from sopposely contenders for the All Ireland?????????.We really did miss the Brogan brothers,still a bit of a worry though,now as for Vaughan ,he is the type of player that can get under your skin has solved the free-kicking but has to give more to the team play,

On another note Gre Brennan =Leinster club football man of the year .well deserved ,not just saying that because he is a Vins man,hope he gets a run with the Dubs this year

As for your U12 ,my first outing with my U12 a few years ago we got hammered by Whitehall by 16 .2 to 1.0 ,2 years later we beat them in the Dublin champo final,so there is always something to work for ,best of luck with them ,at that age ,sport is for fun so enjoy and remember they will only get there first win ,once

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 12:36

Thanks Joey, that's what I told the kids on Saturday. This league is a huge step up for us so it will be interesting.

Agree about Ger, he has been top class in the last two years for Vins and fully deserved his run with Dublin last year. Just wondering that if ye manage to beat Cross, that will mean he won't be available until near the end of March. Might be too late to establish himself for the Championship at that stage.

Not sure I'm in favour of the club pulling the lads out to tell the truth. Really going to cost us on Sunday against Antrim with Fallon missing.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:22

Fallon will be a big lose to the team ,dont really agree with rapping players up in blankets,need to be playing competive football,.Crossmaglen let there players off to play with Armagh last weekend,no bother there.I suppose its a hard call for Micky Whealen ,dammed if u do and if u don,t,.Tommy Naughton has done good work with the hurlers ,they just need a lucky break .Antrim will be a good test to see where they are at,but i think without Fallon they will strugle .  Do u know what time throw in is at ?? .

On another matter 

Does not look like Cork can agree on the colour of sh*te at the moment,geting very messy ,AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:31

Dunno Joey, this just in from breaking news.ie

Cork Players to return to Field under certain Conditions.

The continuing controversy raging in the Rebel County took on a new twist today ahead of the now in doubt first National League match scheduled for this weekend.  In a statement released just after lunchtime the Cork Senior Inter County Footballers and Hurlers have issued a statement indicating that they would retake the playing field in the red jersey if the following ten conditions were met:

1. All inter-county players receive an apology from the Cork County Board for the embarrassment caused to the People of Cork for this "Laurel & Hardy" mess.

2. That all Cork matches home and away are played in Páirc Uí Chaoimh and no away supporters allowed admission to the ground.

3. The GAA rename the Sam Maguire Cup and the Liam McCarthy Cups the Jack Lynch Cups.

4. The Kerry football team will play in the Ulster Championship instead of the Munster championship.

5. The Cork Hurling team get automatic qualification to the All-Ireland semi-final every year.

6. That the illegitimate Football Manager Ted Holland, stands up at a meeting and admits he is illegitimate (that'll show the Ba*%$rd)

7. The government declare Cork city the official Capital of Ireland.

8. All future managers of the Cork teams have to undergo rigorous Psychological Assessment & in-depth Personality Profiling to see if they are up to the job.  (This will take the form of having to spend hours locked in a room listening to Donal Og Cusack & Sean Og OHalpin, if they survive this they will be considered)

9. Each player is to get 4 packets of Walkers Cheese & Onion and 2 bottles of 7-up after each match.

10. Frank Murphy is to keep his job if he desists with the embarrassing comb-over.

Labour Relations Chief Executive Kieran Mulvey commented that "these demands seemed reasonable but that the only sticking point could be Frank Murphy's hair".

On a more serious note, throw in on Sunday Afternoon is 2.30

Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 14:51
Very Very Good Rolo  ROFL 
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 16:18
Excellent ,Rolo .Cheers
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 22:07

And on that note - Anyone wanting a ticket for the BIG match on Sat - France contact ARIES  -  Oh la la

V

Verona
Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 22:47
Great stuff Rolo, really laughed at that one!
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 09:18

Thanks for that Ver.

Just managed to get the number we needed ( in two seperate blocks ) so I have to seperate the troops

All very fine until the match is over and then have to reassemble to Possy. ( hope I spelt that right )

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 14:52
Good to hear the Brogan brothers will be back for 2moro nights game,anybody heading down to it.,and Gary enjoy urself in Paris ,
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 15:40
Ta Joe
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2008 at 15:49

Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Good to hear the Brogan brothers will be back for 2moro nights game,anybody heading down to it.

Yep Joey, will be feeding the Blue addiction at 7.30 tomorrow night.

Expecting a good performance from Longford, should be close enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 95>