Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > The Compound
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the courtyard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2007 at 21:44
Oh my God, thats gross - glad to say I never encountered anything like that down there!!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Sponsored Links

freebird View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2007 at 02:35

yuck, Martin that just put me right off my porridge this morning

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 10:29
great stories guys,and they brought back memories,so tanx for helping me remember.My pet hate back then was(and it happened regularly),a really good looking girl would come up and start talking to me,and l'd be thinking happy days,then the bombshell"will u dance with my friend?",and point out a girl that was lets say,in a different league,and when l'd say no,they would call u mean and storm off,at least l had a few mates with no standards,who would dance with "the friend",as they used to say it was a guaranteed snog,ha ha
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 21:21

I NEVER asked anyone 'would you like to come out to the compund?' as that (in my head) sounded like I would have been after only one thing and I didn't want to frighten anyone off. In fact if someone did say yes to a dance I was grateful enough for that.

I had a HORRIBLE experience in the compound one night. I was going a with a girl and it wasn't going well,not working out and I didn't really want to go any longer but didn't know how to 'break it off' (God-isn't that a real teenage expression?) And just as I was rehearsng the words in my head she said 'wait-before you say anything,here's your birthday present' and gave me a watch! Gobsmacked,I took it and thanked her,and then (you know what's coming next) she said 'what were you going to say?' and I then broke it off!

Terrible.

Who'd be a teenager.

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 21:37

Ohmygodyoudidn't!

Jen

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2008 at 13:19
I'm afraid so...I think I should take your signature cos my halo was burned long ago after that!
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2008 at 13:22

Floyd,great story,fair play for your honesty,"break it off"very teenager, havent heard that expression in donkeys years,and l know you are not the only one with a HORRIBLE story,a lot of us were little beggers in are teens,at least we are grown ups now,and better behaved ( l hope,ha ha ),cheers

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 22:19

Haha, great story Martin.  It was a tough ould life back then, wasnt it!? 

PS. Do you still have the watch?

irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2008 at 06:58
Martin, a watch!!!!!!!! You heartbreaker. You should have held on for christmas
Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 13:36
Nowadays you would probably get a text telling ya to f**k OFF I HATE YA  If your lucky
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 18:46

Originally posted by DAYO DAYO wrote:

Nowadays you would probably get a text telling ya to f**k OFF I HATE YA  If your lucky

Dayo,you are spot on there,a mobile phone would have been very handy back then,could have solved a lot of aggro,l used to hate having to hide at the grove,well it was that or face the music...the horrible side of adolesence

Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 19:12

Well my first memory of teh Compound is.... Ah feck it I Am not sharing that with ye's
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 20:01
Ah come on Pete......give us a laugh 
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 23:25

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

Well my first memory of teh Compound is.... Ah feck it I Am not sharing that with ye's

It wasnt being sick was it?

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2008 at 23:37

No it wasn't been sick .. It was my first night ever at the Grove and well!!!... I'll say no more heh heh

Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 09:27

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

No it wasn't been sick .. It was my first night ever at the Grove and well!!!... I'll say no more heh heh

I was parkin' me bike -------------- 

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 11:37
His Bike?????
All I wanted was chips!!
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 12:00
Oooops  meant that in the true biblicle sense
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 12:28

First night at the Grove and I was lead astray by a girl in the Compound about 2-3 years older than me, She was a friend of a group I went to the Grove with. That was Summer of 87

Edited by Black Russian

Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 12:34
 What an introduction to the Grove , Pete!...lead astray on the first night. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>