Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 311>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 17:45
Hey Rolo...

Titter, titter..

the clue is in the boots man the boots...

Tee Hee....

will make for an interesting evening.....they will be loved by all they ask........

I´ll be watching from a distance or dancing from a distance.......STOMPING THE FEET.

ME

Edited by Mins
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 22:37

Yeah Mins, dont be afraid of your first Grove reunion experience.  Nobody bites (that I remember!) and everyone is sound.  I had butterflies in my stomach before I went down but once I went in and mingled, I didnt want to leave.  Rolo is right, you'll be surprised at the amount of people you'll recognise/who'll recognise you when you go in. Looking forward to meeting ya!  

Mel.

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 10:53
Thanks !!!

C u all I hope.....

sad that my hubbie can´t make IT or come home with me for Christmas

WORKAHOLIC dude..

ME
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 13:12
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Yep, can see it now.

There's Black Russian and Russ approaching every possible candidate going........

" Mins, welcome home "

The responses may well be varied but will inevitably include........

" Ehhhhh..............................sorry, but what's a Mins ? "   

Sorry guys, just picked you pair as you've been proven to be the least shy amongst the oldies.

Well if nothing else...it will be a fairly original chat-up line anyway..heheh!!

And Mins..think we'll need a better clue than knee high boots I'm afraid..be probably easier to spot the girls who aren't wearing knee high boots going from the last re-union..*g*

C'mon... gis a clue..!!
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 13:17

Hey Peeps...for anyone who's interested...I just started a personal webspace thing on which I hope to throw up any pics I like....and any other things I can think of putting on there..

So anyone who wants to drop by be my guest...

Just don't forget to sign my guestbook while you're there

Click here for instant  transportation to my new lair...
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 14:09
HD..

I´ll think about it....

I´m getting a little nervous about going at all....

It´ll feel very odd I know that....

Crumbs....what have I let myself in for I wonder...

ME
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 14:16

No need to be nervous about it..it really is the most relaxed and friendly atmosphere you're likely to encounter at any venue in Dublin for sure.

You also have the added bonus of being a bona fide member of the GSC as well...which is like the Grove Re-unions very own VIP Club...hehehe!!
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 16:44

Second that...last re-union people were coming up and asking us 'so-when did you go' etc and I'm glad to say I met up with a lot of 'old ghosts' but made some new friends too.

Mins...you won't regret it...you'll probably be moving back to Dublin because of it...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2006 at 20:28

Originally posted by Mins Mins wrote:

HD..

I´ll think about it....

I´m getting a little nervous about going at all....

It´ll feel very odd I know that....

Crumbs....what have I let myself in for I wonder...

ME

Just come on in Mins - I'm as shy as they come (I had major butterflies in the carpark of the hotel) but once you meet a few of the gang and hear the first few bars of one of those old Grove songs, you wont look back!

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2006 at 11:22
Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Yep, can see it now.

There's Black Russian and Russ approaching every possible candidate going........

" Mins, welcome home "

The responses may well be varied but will inevitably include........

" Ehhhhh..............................sorry, but what's a Mins ? "   

Sorry guys, just picked you pair as you've been proven to be the least shy amongst the oldies.

Well if nothing else...it will be a fairly original chat-up line anyway..heheh!!

And Mins..think we'll need a better clue than knee high boots I'm afraid..be probably easier to spot the girls who aren't wearing knee high boots going from the last re-union..*g*

C'mon... gis a clue..!!

Speaking of chat up lines.

Watching Paparazzi last night.

Guy says to girl "Nice legs you got, what time do they open"
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2006 at 17:13
Ya dirty fecker ya....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2006 at 17:59
Hey thanks a bunch for the pep talk guys...

you´re all very kind and nice....

I am actually so looking forward to this, it is becoming more exciting than Christmas itself !!!!.

I have a BALL to go to on NYears Eve here and it is THE Ball in the city to attend, you have no idea BUT you know what I couldn´t give a fiddlers whether I go or not.....it is paling in comparison with this Re-union...

I think this Christmas I am coming home in more ways than one ...it will feel SOOOOOOOOO good to let the hair down and down its coming ..................

( now no one is to go and snigger, snigger at the above statement...you know what I mean !!!!.....)

Please accept this as a compliment to all you guys and gals with your entertaining and interesting posting of the last few weeks...

Muy bien chicos y chicas....

ME

Edited by Mins
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2006 at 18:33

Wait till ya get caught up in the middle of a mosh Mins..hehehe!!

Looking forward to meeting you..and I'm sure I speak for all the groovy grovers here
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2006 at 19:12
Cecil must look a bit like Santy Clause by now -huh?

titter
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2006 at 18:13
 One or two images, some might like

Cashel

boats

Fisheads

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2006 at 18:24
Oops forgot two of these were already used as cd sleeves

A man must have a code
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2006 at 18:30

Love the " Boats " one Finno, great colours.

D'ya sell 'em or keep 'em for yourself ?

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2006 at 14:44

Sell some and keep some. Sold a nice number during the last Arts festival. My daughters have grabbed a couple. "Cashel" is in my eldest's bedroom wall.

A man must have a code
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2006 at 15:00
Any chance we might see you on Merrion Square some Sunday ?
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2006 at 15:28
Dont think so but would'nt rule it out. Prefer to stay local. but had some in an exhibition in Wexford in September/October so you never know. i enjoy it but work is a dreadful and time consuming interference
A man must have a code
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 311>