Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 311>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2006 at 15:21
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Yeah guys ( and June ) looked like a fun night. Real sorry I couldn't make it but yiz know what it's like at this time of year.

Deadly pics though.

Well June is one of the lads now...hehehe!!

Fair play to her...having to put with 5 lads..AND listening to my Radiohead plays on the jukebox...(sorry June..hope you're not still depressed after that..)
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Sponsored Links

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2006 at 18:21
And for listening to God knows what Mel was going on about in the car on the way home...
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2006 at 18:29
Was god even listening!
A man must have a code
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2006 at 22:43

Evening Neppers - jeez, I was up to my neck in work today and still nursing a sore head from Saturday night.  Not easy at all - will have to slow down on the alcohol consumption, catch up on the sleep before Christmas (once this overtime finishes) or I'll be a wreck into the New Year - hope ye lads didnt end up with pneumonia after your drenching on O'Connell bridge!

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2006 at 23:24
Know what ya mean Mel - still a bit groggy today too!
Was up in Dundalk yesterday & drove throught that 130 kph wind & rain - ugh! Dead slow on the motorway for 20 mins, then sunshine!
Anyway 'twas a great night Saturday  - good to meet yis all & see the piccys already. and the music was great.
What's the story though, with 2 tellys with different channels on, and noone watching? AND the pool table with noone playing! Still, it's the Nep.
till next time,
CP

russell View Drop Down
82-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 01:21

Lads

Have to say Finno and HD ...great idea for a thread and theres some defo fantastic photos in there.

Sounds like you had a great night down the Nep , and no it hasn't changed as every time I come home I pop down there .

congrats to all

Russ

Russ
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 10:49

and it's open to all Pics Russell..so anyone who has a pic that they think would be interesting..stick it up there...

CP...it was strange with the two big screens. I've said before..it's a pet hate of mine...is very hard to have decent conversations when there's a bloody big TV screen screaming for your attention..and in the Neps case TWO!!

Should start a campaign..Ban the TV in the Pub..(well..cept maybe at big match time...hehehe)
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 12:27

Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Well June is one of the lads now...hehehe!!

Fair play to her...having to put with 5 lads..AND listening to my Radiohead plays on the jukebox...(sorry June..hope you're not still depressed after that..)

I recovered!  

Hey did my Lizzy tracks come on after I left???

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 12:28

Originally posted by Floydman Floydman wrote:

And for listening to God knows what Mel was going on about in the car on the way home...

I got thanked PROFUSELY the whole way home .

Kept me company anyway!

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 13:08

< name="AdsSignaller">if(document.body){document.body.off_complete = "yes"; window.status = "off_end"; window.status = ""}    Looks like you all had a good night - great idea and nice pics too.

The Universe is a void full of infinite possibilities
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 18:17
How about we do it again in Jan/Feb? get more in this time...
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 20:05
Originally posted by Esthalon Esthalon wrote:

Hey did my Lizzy tracks come on after I left???

About 10 minutes after you left....hehehe
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 22:32

I'm all for that Martin.  Maybe get a drier night in the New Year!

Not another bloody poll though

Edited by Brunswick
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2006 at 22:35
Originally posted by Esthalon Esthalon wrote:

I got thanked PROFUSELY the whole way home .

Kept me company anyway!

Well, I did appreciate it, June!   

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 09:46

Sounds like a great idea.....and I will make sure I'm in there next time.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 11:08
Njoyed your pictures...

Those pints looked healthingly good !!

I will be able to spot YIZ at the Reunion now - wigs or no wigs.

No one I know is going....

someone even told me not to bother....

I´ll give it a lash anyhow.....

my Grove buddy from the good old days just had a baby so she just can´t go ...it is not going to be the same without her but she promised she´ll come to the next one....

ME
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 13:06

Originally posted by Mins Mins wrote:

No one I know is going....

...so you think. Wait 'til you get there, you're bound to recognise lots of punters.

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 13:08
now you know a few faces come along. I went to my first reunion at holloween but didnt have the advantage of knowing anyone but glad I did and had a ball. So come along and say hello to the first of us you recognise and we will introduce the rest. Or you could add a photo of yourself so we will recognise you. .

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 16:49
Photo of me....ye got to be joking......

first person to spot me though I´ll buy them a PINT...

will be wearing knee high NICE dark brown boots I think....

I know this cos I have the PAIN of packing for a trip home, for me and 3 kids and the awareness that comes with NOT packing too much as I will have MORE coming back...kids junk of course. I only ever carry a little bag now for myself. The things you do.

So....triple dare you....first person over who says " Mins..welcome home..gets a pint.

If I guess correctly YOUR username...watchit..you buy ME a pint.

G´luck.

ME
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2006 at 17:23

Yep, can see it now.

There's Black Russian and Russ approaching every possible candidate going........

" Mins, welcome home "

The responses may well be varied but will inevitably include........

" Ehhhhh..............................sorry, but what's a Mins ? "   

Sorry guys, just picked you pair as you've been proven to be the least shy amongst the oldies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 311>