Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 311>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Pics
    Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:36

Was just uploading a pic for Rolo and noticed I have a couple of my New York pics already uploaded in my Photobucket account and thought they might be interesting to some of the members...then I couldn;t think were the best place to put them..so I did what I thought was the best answer..make a picture forum...and I know there are some of you just aching to show us your best pics...hehehe..right Finno...

So here goes...I'll post my two first...hope ya like 'em...
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Sponsored Links

Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:38

Strawberry Fields John Lennon Memorial Garden, Central Park New York:

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:42

Jazzband in Central Park, same day:

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:45

I have a decent resolution copy of that jazzband pic at home which I might link to. I really like that pic. Was thinking how cool it would be to have something like that in the Phoenix park..course the lads would probably get mugged or arrested...hehehe!!
freebird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:45

great pics - great city

the fruit wouldnt last long either

Edited by freebird
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:47

Best City in the whole world ,in my opinion. Just love it. There's always something going on, full of great people and dead safe too.

Wanna go back................NOW.

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:47

Thanks Freebird...and yeah..it is a great City..really wanna go back there again..have tons more pics..some spectacular ones from the Empire State Building observatory...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:51
Originally posted by freebird freebird wrote:

the fruit wouldnt last long either

*LOL* ...That's true....mind you..the guys that had laid out that display were fairly dodgy looking dudes..so dunno if anyone woulda tried stealing their fruit..hehehe!!

But is true Rolo.. I walked around the City at all hours of the night and never once felt threatened...well..except once when we were walking down this quiet back street and a car full of gangsta looking heads went by with rap music blasting out the window...and me with armfuls of shopping bags from earlier..hehehe!! but was no hassle...just me with my Dublin nervousness...

Edited by Hayseed Dixie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 13:56
First time we went, think it was about '98, we were quite apprehensive about walking around for the first couple of nights. On the third night we met 4 off duty NYPD in Langan's Bar on W47th Street who took no time in telling us how Giuliano's Zero Tolerance approach had really cleaned up the city and made it dead safe. They reckoned Manhattan was the safest area in the world. Hfata say in several subsequent visits never encountered and trouble at all.
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 14:07

No...even the infamous (mostly on tv shows though) Subway seemed pretty tame compared to the Nightlink from Dublin City Centre on a Saturday night...hehehe!! Did you ever stand at the terminus in Westmoreland Street on a Saturday night...bloody hell... is like an open air lunatic asylum sometimes...!!!
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 16:47

Lovely photos Hayseed.

I will have a look and post a few.

A man must have a code
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 19:50

Nice topic,Robbie...now who can tell me how to add an image in the posts???

(I know,this computer yolk is new to me...)

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 21:08

No probs Martin,

You need to register for an account (free) with an online picture hosting site like Photobucket (that's who I use). Then you can upload pics from your PC to your account wth them. It's basically like sending a file through a chat program or attaching a file to an email. Once it's uploaded  you will be given a url or address for the pic that you can then paste into the image attachment box that pops up when you click the little button above that looks like a tree. Then the pic will be displayed in your post here. As long as you leave it in your Photobucket (or whoever) account it will always show up here. If you delete it from there..it will disappear from here.

Course the easier way is to get someone who already has an account o post it for you...but then you'd miss all the fun of learning how to do it..hehehe!!

Link for Photobucket is here

There are others that you can use and if anyone else cares to post links you can try them too...

Edited by Hayseed Dixie
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 21:12

BTW ..when you upload the picture to Photobucket it will give you three different codes for each pic. Choose the one called "url" for posting here.
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 21:52
Heres a selection

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 22:25

Nice Finno

Like the last one best. The winter scene..or is it a summer scene..this is Ireland after all..hehehe!!

Edited by Hayseed Dixie
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2006 at 22:31
Its the copperbeech that stood in front of the castle. Unfortunately two years ago it was destroyed in a storm
A man must have a code
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 19:43
Nice topic and photos lads! Cool Dragon Finno, that taken at Paddies Day parade??
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 21:40

Another couple of NY Pics from my recent trip...

The Lady in the Bay

Times Square at mid Morning

(Spot the Grover!!)

View from Empire State Building Observatory

That's all for now peeps!!! 

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 21:44
Wow HD! That last one from the Empire State rocks! 
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 311>