Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 150>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 18:36
Originally posted by Donal Donal wrote:

Am listening to Wolfmother at the moment. They're an Aussie band heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin and whats even better is that they're only a 3 piece. Great music too.   ]

Bought their single Mother a few months back. Hot stuff.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 22:49

Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Have Chris Rea's "Water Sign" spinning on the turntable at the moment.

Nice album from 1983.

Cost £6.99.

Gosh Pat just thinking of Chris Rea a few nights ago - I seen him years ago in the Stadium.  What a great singer and I must pick up a cd of his. "I can hear  your heart beat and On the beach" just to name a few I remember...

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 23:12
Sorry to say but I rate Chris Rea up there with C De B. Not my cup of tea at all.  
Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 10:54

Really thopught I would have liked Wolfmother going by Classic Rock's review,but it just wasn't what I thought it would be at all.Used to buy loads of stuff on the basis of reviews etc but now only if I hear it first.

Latest purchase was Best of Acoustic JethroTull.

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 11:49
Last album I bought was The Gossip album for €11.99 its only €8.99 now not a bad album.

Lastest albums I have downloaded

Smashing Pumpkins complete Discography including singles etc(I don't know why though?)
Deep Purple Complete Album collection
Velvet Underground complete albu
Talking Heads greatest hits
Joss Stones latest album (Not bad)
Sterophonics Complete
Pink Floyd Complete
and Midnight Oil 2 Albums of theirs (Beds are Burning and Bluesky mine)

Now to get time to listen to them

P

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 04:42
Midnight Oil are (were) a great band and even better live. The lead singer was brilliant on the stage. I'm sorry to say the band is no more and the lead singer, Peter Garret is now a federal politician for Labour.
Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 10:48

Midnight Oil are (were) a great band and even better live. The lead singer was brilliant on the stage. I'm sorry to say the band is no more and the lead singer, Peter Garret is now a federal politician for Labour.

I have their Beds Are Burning  MTV acoustic version and its a real gem.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 10:51
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Have Chris Rea's "Water Sign" spinning on the turntable at the moment.

Nice album from 1983.

Cost £6.99.

Gosh Pat just thinking of Chris Rea a few nights ago - I seen him years ago in the Stadium.  What a great singer and I must pick up a cd of his. "I can hear  your heart beat and On the beach" just to name a few I remember...

Agreed T.

Some of his songs are alsolutely brilliant. Especially his rockers like "The Road To Hell", "God's Great Banana Skin", "You Can Go Your Own Way". Always liked the guy.

He made a comback a few years back after serious illness and does the blues now but I haven't bought any of his recent stuff.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 10:54

"Velvet Underground" album "Live 1969" spinning on the turntable.

I know it's only 11.00am and I'm not stoned

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 16:13

"Velvet Underground" album "Live 1969" spinning on the turntable.

I know it's only 11.00am and I'm not stoned

Downloaded that too
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 02:05

Didn't really like Midnight Oil, and as a politician, Peter Garret is an idiot. He made a big point a few years ago about not voting blah blah (it's compulsory to vote here) and now he wants everyone to vote just cos he's a poli. When he doesn't get any media attention, he gets back on the stage singing somewhere!!!!

Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
freebird View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 07:46

One of my favourite bands midnight oil

Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 08:48

Lesley, Love the new sig...LOL....He-He!

Latest "New" Album I bought was Skin - Fake Chemical State. If you're a Skin/Skunk Anansie fan you'll love it.

Got a "New" car the other week after my 13 year old Clio died...RIP. New car has a CD player so I'm back listening to CD's instead of MP3's. Can't seem to take  Soundgarden Superunknown out .....Love Chris Cornell's voice. Only thing I've managed to listen to other than that is ....now don't laugh.....listened to Foreigner - Urgent 7 times in a row the other morning! Classic song.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 11:10
Not laughing here Esthalon......I still love that song too 

Anyone watch American Idol last week....they had a Bon Jovi week, all the contestants had to sing Bon Jovi songs, so I have been listening to Bon Jovi for the last few days.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 11:26

Thanks BB...I just seem to love all that "Bum Band" music e.g. Journey, Foreigner, Asia etc...I call them bum bands due to the amount of posturing and arse wiggling that went on.

Glad I'm not alone in my taste. 

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 11:36
Originally posted by Esthalon Esthalon wrote:

I just seem to love all that "Bum Band" music e.g. Journey, Foreigner, Asia etc...I call them bum bands due to the amount of posturing and arse wiggling that went on.

That the best discription I have ever read
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 12:08
Originally posted by Esthalon Esthalon wrote:

Thanks BB...I just seem to love all that "Bum Band" music e.g. Journey, Foreigner, Asia etc...I call them bum bands due to the amount of posturing and arse wiggling that went on.

Glad I'm not alone in my taste. 

LOL................but d'ya not think that the music is pretty basic. Must say I never took to any of that stuff,next you'll be saying that you were a huge fan of Toto. ( and I'm not talking about Dorothy's dog.)

Edited by Rolo
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 13:16
Yep Toto's another one.... Yes it's basic..... but that's half the charm ....no hidden meanings. Doesn't mean I don't love Floyd, Hendrix, Zepp etc just depends what mood I'm in.
muller View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 13:30
I have to admit I also like Toto and Johnny Clegg
Life is for living
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 14:07
I liked TOTO also..

Then again, I am one of those CdeB ( the stuff before Lady in Red ...we´re all decided on that one roight ?????).

....anyhow like I was saying one of those, well not exactly a fan but a CDeB hummer.

I hum a select few tunes in the car, sometimes inclined to belt out Spanish Train also if the fancy takes me.

Has a particular significance I suppose considering where I live..remember was in Seville once and spend the whole week-end singing it...

...Have I got you shaking the head in despair yet Rolo ????..all gone a bit OTT for ye .

Mins

Edited by Mins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 150>