What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 150>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 19:16

ack, Rikki/Ricki/Ricky...(however ya spell it)..dont lose that number...how could I forget that one.

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Sponsored Links

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 15:42
Cecil played "Reeling in the years" also "Ricki dont lose that number" I dont remember "Haitian Divorce" or at least dont associate with the grove
A man must have a code
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 15:07
Originally posted by star star wrote:

Sorry Pat for dissing your band. I'm sure they were the biz in the early years but I do think that they should have finished maybe at their peek. I am sure there are many out there die hard fans that would disagree though.  

No problem Star

They still play a mean set.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
star View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 15:00
Sorry Pat for dissing your band. I'm sure they were the biz in the early years but I do think that they should have finished maybe at their peek. I am sure there are many out there die hard fans that would disagree though.  
Never Again on a school night! Famous last words
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 14:56
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 14:46

Hey Rolo,

Your wifey not watch Coronation Street? there's a gas fella in it called Les Battersby, major Quo fan , they even appeared in it one time and played at his wedding reception  

Edited by star
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 13:57

Yeah I thought about "Do it again" - great song but it's quite long so that is what made me think perhaps not!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 12:13
He almost deffo played Reelin in the Years!  Plus, I think, possibly Do it again??
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:53
No T, what happened was that Pat did the same post twice,either side of your Steely Dan Post. Hence the confusion.
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:37

Whats the deal - I said I was listening to Steely Dan and was it ever played and then question gone!

Rolo who gave you power!!! Come on your screwing with me.....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:28

Oh sorry T, missed it ( I know, I know... over 40 and the eyes go )

Might've played Reeling in the Years or Haitian Divorce. Can't remember.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:25

Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Pat, one of my biggest regrets is that I never got to see Talking Heads live. Have seen David Byrne solo a few times and he does a few Heads songs in his set ( that one included ).

You going to Quo in October or whenever ?

Oh my God, Rolo are you really Les Battersby in disguise!!! Lads I can't believe you are owning up to liking Status Quo

Hey hey young lady.

Quo, in my experience over the years, are one of the best "live" bands ever.

Also "Piledriver" and "Hello" are classic albums. Cecil himself played them all the time.

Also their 1977 album Quo Live is regarded by many pundits as a classic live album.

And Quo took John Fogerty's "Rockin All Over The World" to worldwide recognition, althought most people think it's a Quo song.

Quo....oh oh oh ho.........Quo..oh..oh.oh..oh

Rock on the Quo.

Go for it Rolo.....

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:24
I was listening to Steely Dan today - did they ever play any of that at the grove?
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 23:21

Pat, one of my biggest regrets is that I never got to see Talking Heads live. Have seen David Byrne solo a few times and he does a few Heads songs in his set ( that one included ).

Hey hey young lady.

Quo, in my experience over the years, are one of the best "live" bands ever.

Also "Piledriver" and "Hello" are classic albums. Cecil himself played them all the time.

Also their 1977 album Quo Live is regarded by many pundits as a classic live album.

And Quo took John Fogerty's "Rockin All Over The World" to worldwide recognition, althought most people think it's a Quo song.

Quo....oh oh oh ho.........Quo..oh..oh.oh..oh

Rock on the Quo.

Go for it Rolo.....

Oh my God, Rolo are you really Les Battersby in disguise!!! Lads I can't believe you are owning up to liking Status Quo

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 22:54

Not owning up to any such thing Star. Just asking a Quo expert ( Biker Pat )if they were worth going to see.

Oh yeah, who the f**k is Les Battersby ?

star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 22:09

Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 17:38
Originally posted by IanL IanL wrote:

Arghhh... Freudian slip....

I meant "OK Go" the internet famed group not
"OK Computer" the Radiohead album.

Do you know of OK Go ?

--Ian.

Don't believe I do Ian? Are they a Radiohead tribute band or something?

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
IanL View Drop Down
81-84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 16:39
Arghhh... Freudian slip....

I meant "OK Go" the internet famed group not
"OK Computer" the Radiohead album.

Do you know of OK Go ?

--Ian.
Ian - Grover '81-'84
Exiled to Mayo since 2005
IanL View Drop Down
81-84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 16:38
Have you got the OK computer album (the new one or the first) Hayseed ?

I've seen them on YouTube (and downloaded the YouTube
postage stamp vids). Great band, great personalities,
love the vids. They would have been Grove material
if it weren't 2006.

--Ian
Ian - Grover '81-'84
Exiled to Mayo since 2005
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 16:09

Yeah me too...like the way it was underproduced and raw...some of their later albums were just a little too clever I think.

Might even pick it up now on CD...getting a bit tired playing OK Computer in the car...not to mention going slowly deaf..heheh!!

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 150>