Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 150>
Author
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2020 at 22:32
You are right - I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Came up when I did a search on "Walking Pneumonia song"

Sponsored Links

Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2020 at 22:34
Here's a Pink oldie that I just heard on the radio–brings back memories

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 17-February-2020 at 22:40
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2020 at 23:49
Begod that's an oldie and a goodie Poguey!

When you said "a Pink song" in your post above I didn't what to expect - that loudmouth American one or what ..?
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2020 at 23:49
Walking pneumonia is an informal term for pneumonia that isn't severe enough to require bed rest or hospitalization. You may feel like you have a cold. The symptoms are generally so mild that you don't feel you need to stay home from work or school, so you are out walking around.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2020 at 23:52
Hmmmmm, it seemed to affect Elton badly enough though - but I suppose you are meant to be resting up and taking it easy like with any of these things - not playing huge, strenuous live gigs . As you say Pat, hopefully he gets over it fully, soon enough...
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 09:09
i sometimes am A Walking Disaster Pogue I never heard that Floyd song before ,,nice one
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 13:12
listening to Sheryl Crow's most recent album,Threads,some interesting duets on it.
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 14:12
Sean,

That is amazing. Heard Sheryl Crow in a photo shop today.

I have a compilation of her music and plan to blem it tomorrow.

Pat

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 14:36
Pat,I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 14:49
Some of her songs have a great guitar sound, like "If It Makes You Happy".

Class lady and well respected in the music world.

She has survived a cancer scare....

Rock star and nine-time Grammy Award-winner Sheryl Crow was diagnosed at age 44 with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), a non-invasive form of breast cancer. It was discovered at an early stage through an annual mammogram, and after a lumpectomy and seven weeks of radiation therapy, she was declared cancer-free.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 14:52
Pat,her new album Threads is on youtube,if you want to have a listen ?
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 17:26
Here's a recent gig with Sheryl doing here stuff on The Tiny Desk. I love the Tiny Desk, where you can judge an artist's bare bones talent without the lights and dazzle. Not a big fan but IMHO–Sheryl has it.

86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 18:09
I never heard of that show,but wow,she looks amazing for her 58 years... thanks for sharing Pogue.
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2020 at 23:50
You never heard of the Tiny Desk? UHOH! That was the wrong thing to say...Now for the 100th time, I get to post my favorite Tiny Desk of all time with accompanying photograph of Holly and Jess trying to make out with me. ...snicker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 09:04
Hmmmmm Poguey, I have been comparing this picture with the one of you in the Grove, and I have come to the conclusion that ... It is actually you in the pic above! In which case ... You wear it well !
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 09:12
Pogue the man who has it all ,, I just started to listen to Holly and Jess and have ended up watching a whole concert ,what a amazing band and I know now about Tiny Desk ,Cheers ,,
Does one know these fine ladies Pogue ??
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 09:15
There's a good Tiny Desks gig with Suzanne Vega and my mate Gerry Leonard - worth a watch if you like her stuff in any way...
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 16:54
Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Pogue the man who has it all ,, I just started to listen to Holly and Jess and have ended up watching a whole concert ,what a amazing band and I know now about Tiny Desk ,Cheers ,,
Does one know these fine ladies Pogue ??

They are my best friends Joey

...NAH They happened to be passing through Cleveland a few days after I saw that Tiny Desk thing. They were just starting and playing in a small dive bar here. They were set up flogging their t-shirts and CDs after the show so I went up to bug them. They were the nicest and friendliest pair I have ever met and they were blown away by the Irish accent... wink. I milked it for all it was worth and got my CDs signed, took a few snaps and stole a few hugs. Jess finally broke it up with a "How do we get rid of this loser? we have merchandise to sell"
It turns out that Holly is married to the drummer (what anyone would ever see in a drummer I have no idea :)) 
right Gerry?Tongue

They headed for stardom after that and dumped me for Roger Waters

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 19-February-2020 at 17:24

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 17:43
Brilliant track there Poguey, them girls can sure sing ... and hold a note. Was it the two girls and their band with Waters along for the ride, or were the two of them guesting with him and his musicians? If you know what I mean?!

Drummers Poguey! I suspect a certain level of madness is required for anyone taking on a drummer in their life...but in the end it's worth it. Hmmmmm ... I must ask Annette does she agree with that statement in its entirety! Although, maybe I won't ...
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2020 at 18:41
From the amount of videos online I'm guessing Roger took them on permanently as backup for that tour at least. I admire the fact that the other Lucius musicians are dispersed among the band and were not shoved to the sidelines. 

Annette mentioned that you used the rhythm method RR but were a bit off-beat on a couple of occasions HARR!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 150>