Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 150>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 12:08
Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm Rahenyrhythm wrote:

I really have to check that album out Frank ... And I will.   Currently listening to Climax Chicago ("Flight" etc) ... Also Stone Roses would you believe - I am the Resurrection etc. Powerful stuff from both bands ...

They went to be just Chicago remember 25 or 6 to 4 which title puzzled me for years until I discovered it was the time of day it was written .

There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 12:12
That's right Frank - didn't know that thing about 25 or 6 to 4, explains it ok.

At an earlier point again in their career they seemed to be just the Climax Blues Band - no Chicago. I came across a track by them, under that latter name, late last night, and stuck it up in Facebook site for some reason. Worth a listen, kinds light-hearted lyrics, but some scorching guitar work. Actually I 'Lloyd stick it on here in a few mins as well. No, let's see https://youtu.be/XUFT2uMzexc
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2018 at 18:23
"Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead" 

Legends together.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2018 at 17:20
"John Fogerty" - John Fogerty

Warming up for next Friday.

This is his classic solo album in full from 1975.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2018 at 17:22
"Best Of" - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Nearly all the songs on this album will be played next week.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2018 at 17:26
Excellent, Pat ... Do have them in playable condition on vinyl yeah?
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2018 at 17:33
Sadly Gerry I sold my vinyl collection a few years back.

I had everything CCR and John Fogerty recorded.

Big collection of 45's and albums by many artists spanning 50 years.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2018 at 17:43
Ah fair enough Pat. I have about 100 (probably bit less actually) albums here. Went to play few of them earlier in the year, after Annette got me lovely record deck for Christmas. Now I only tried a few records but none of them were playable . Couple of house moves over the past 20 years possibly did for them But I have to do a proper check on them, hopefully I just picked the wrong few earlier and the rest (or some of them even) are ok! Most of Tull, Alison Moyet, Band of Gypsies by Hendrix ( that and Deep Purple in Rock the first two albums I ever bought), other great stuff...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2018 at 16:01
Don't worry lads - I'll keep the vinyl flag flying for ya.... Tongue

Seriously though Gerry - if you have the cash to spare at all, places like e-bay have most of the albums/singles you might want.  They can be pricey at times and you'd have to pay postage but you can get some of your faves back that way if they are unplayable nowadays.

There are also second hand record shops about if you venture up to Dublin city much.  Don't know about Stradbally obviously but vinyl is making a come-back so there probably are some shops near you there as well.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2018 at 17:01
Thanks Mel for your encouragement. I have noticed over last few years vinyl definitely made a come-back just about everywhere. I still like browsing vinyl in record shops, and most, if not all have vinyl section once again. Stradbally doesn't have a music/record shop, but Portlaoise, at 10 mins drive from here and the nearest large town, certainly does. Also have Carlow and Kilkenny near enough. I'm standing at a rad here in the kitchen typing this, Annette just asking casually what I'm at. Explained these posts etc, and now she is also encouraging me to get off my arse (metaphorically speaking) and get back sorting out and playing the vinyl ... so the mountain may eventually start to move
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2018 at 08:38
Was listening to a Cat Stevens compilation on YouTube last night.

Nearly two hours long and covered his well known material as well as some not so well known.

Also some of his trax that were covered by other artists. One in particular surprised me. I never knew he wrote the great Tremeloes song "Here Comes My Baby.

Always loved Cat Stevens and it was a great journey back in time to hear his music which I hadn't listened to in a while but which was staple diet back in the early 70's Grove years.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2018 at 12:14
That's interesting Pat, didn't know that myself. I loved, and still do, his early stuff. For some reason I mix him up with Neil Diamond sometimes, obviously an age thing! I'm almost certain I raved somewhere on here, a while ago, about Neil Diamond's brilliant song "Matthew and Son"

Hope the trip is going well Pat, you're in a part of the world I would dearly love to see, and I suppose I might see it yet. Anyway, have a great one...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-November-2018 at 23:39
They've finally re-released Kate Bush's back catalogue remastered on vinyl. Have a bunch of her albums already but got my hands (at long last) on "The Kick Inside" (her first one). On the deck as I type and indeed all evening. Spotted "The Dreaming" and "The Red Shoes" also up in Tower so they're "on the list"....
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2018 at 00:00
Excellent stuff Mel - enjoy!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2019 at 03:56
Was listening to a compilation by LOBO last night.

Always loved this guys music.

Edited by Biker Pat - 07-January-2019 at 12:44

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2019 at 11:22
Wouldn't be very familiar with that stuff Pat, must check it out ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2019 at 12:46
Ah Gerry. You know "I'd Love You To Want Me" and "Me And You And A Dog Named Boo" to name two of his songs.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2019 at 14:49
Ah of course Pat, I know the second one well, never came to mind that time earlier. Not so much the first one ... Maybe ...a bit! But other than that, it's the other undiscovered (by me) songs of theirs (his?) that I must check out ...
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2019 at 12:53
Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm Rahenyrhythm wrote:

...Hope the trip is going well Pat, you're in a part of the world I would dearly love to see, and I suppose I might see it yet. Anyway, have a great one...

This might be the time to make the trip RR, now that accommodation, food and drink would be free. Pat might even have a spare pair of swimming knicks he can loan you ....right Pat?Tongue
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2019 at 13:03
Here is Yusuf the Cat today...he aged well and his voice has not suffered too much

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 08-January-2019 at 13:05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 150>