The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What school did you go to in Grove years?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2007 at 13:08

Heh! The Adams family!

Don't think I knew any of them though.

Jen ;->

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Sponsored Links

grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2007 at 13:11
That's us!! I am really cousin It!!
suemago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suemago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 23:25
Mercy college 1980...Loved the boys from Joeys! my mate lived in merville avenue fairview, we used to watch the boys in her room with her dads binoculars in her room! Great fun!!!

Ps: we were fifteen!!!!!!!
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2007 at 18:13
 I remember going to the dances in Joey's or were they called 'socials'?  The brothers used to walk the dancefloor keeping the couples apart! Still had good fun though.
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2007 at 23:38
Went to Joey's also! Another little haunt of ours.  I always loved the cricket after we progressed from the grove but we would always tap back into the grove now and then just to see!!!!!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
suemago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suemago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2007 at 23:55
Actually, I remember the big scandal in school on my last year was whenone of the Chanel College boys streaked through the hockey pitch!

Unfortunately I was out sick that day. The Mercy nuns were never the same after that!

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2007 at 11:13

It wasn't me!!!

Funny thing was,us Chanel College lads never really knew the Mercy College girls...despite facing each other on the malahide Rd. Maybe it was a Grove thing,but because Holy Faith Killester and Manor Farm where a bit nearer Raheny we (well,'I') knew a lot of those girlies moreso.

My three sisters went to Mercy (or Virgo...hmm where the nuns trying to put accross an image with that name?)

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2007 at 15:18

Dunno Floyd, but being a goth, I can't help but smile every time I pass that sign on the road that says "Sisters of Mercy".

Jen

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Caroloz View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2007 at 15:48

Jen "Hitler" must have been mellowing by the time you came...heading toward her retirment. When I was there she was "DRAGON WOMAN". I left at the start of 6th year (dropped out) and my parents made me go with them to tell her I was leaving. Her parting words to me were "you will never amount to anything" - that was the best bit of motivation I ever got from her!

The following year my little sister started there. There was another "OBrien" in her class and on their first day when their names were being called out and Hitler saw them both she assumed the other one was my little sister because she too was a redhead (Patricia my sister has black hair)..so that poor little thing got HELL for her years there because of the mistake! Patricia wasn't going to put anyone wise!

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2007 at 16:03

Funny but we had Sr. Brenda in Manor House and she was a walking divil not to mention Miss Slevin also a walking divil although I had some fun talks with her along the way and always felt under the divil was someone who was actually nice.  Not the Brenda one though - She was UG!!!!!!!  I will never forget someone writing on the huts at night and since we were at the school the night before at badminton she dragged me and my friend up to the office just because we were from St. Anne’s presuming we had done the damage, it pissed me off so much!!!!!  ohhhh she was wicked looking.

We were lucky enough when we went to Scoil Aine not to have Sr. Agnus she was supposed to be a walking bitch! They used to call her Aggie Balls... We had Sr. Christina and she was just lovely!

Some of those nuns were divils....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Dori C View Drop Down

83-87

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dori C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 14:48
Holy Faith Killester 80-85
Kay Fagan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 14:56

Did you know Oral O'Dea

She was the head girl there I think it was 83

Kay Fagan
cathyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

79 - 82

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 15:02
I went to Mercy from 76 to 81.    A few of us are trying to organise a reunion for the Class of 81.   If anyone knows anyone who left Mercy in 1981, would you ask them to contact me.
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 15:26
Originally posted by Kay Fagan Kay Fagan wrote:

Did you know Oral O'Dea

She was the head girl there I think it was 83

Orla went to Holy Faith Clontarf Kay

BrendanFella View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 15:45

Jaz, I was outta school for my Grove years.

I left St. Ciaran at age 13 and went to Killester Tech for 2 years (Left 1966)...Then started working at age 15.

The early years before The Grove were at all the WAR ZONE discos that Pogue mentions....LOL

Grove years...1969, 1970, early 1971. (Left for USA in may 1971, age 20)

I even had a job and still couldn't get a date there....jeez
Actually I really did have a serious relationship at the end of my Grove years...with a Beautiful Clontarf girl, right up to my emmigration....Broke my heart.

BrendanFella

IRISH DIPLOMACY IS....The ability to tell a man to Go To Hell so that He looks forward to making the trip.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 16:13
Ya left her behind Brendan?... shame on you, mine brought me along for the ride..
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 16:53

Originally posted by cathyd cathyd wrote:

I went to Mercy from 76 to 81.    A few of us are trying to organise a reunion for the Class of 81.   If anyone knows anyone who left Mercy in 1981, would you ask them to contact me

Coolock or Beaumont ?

Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 18:14

Chanel from 66 to 71 approx. Can't remember that far back

So Grovin' 69--72

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Cuchculan View Drop Down
84-92

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuchculan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 22:08
Greendale. When they would let me in. Kept suspending me. No idea why. I was always a good student. When I actually turned up for school. LOL.
The Lovable Irish Rogue
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 22:15

Brendanfella - you forgot to put down her name ????

V

Verona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>