The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What school did you go to in Grove years?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 16:45

Muller,

You are so right - the B & R girls were much better dressed - our uniforms were drab by comparision - however, we soon learned to pull them up going to matches.

WhaAT vintage were you at O'Connells

V

Verona
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 22:54

Verona no Noreen is 50 so no I think you can't be that far apart and the other follow close in age!

Edited by eejit91
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 23:14

Teresa,

I so wish - she would have been starting when I was leaving............will send you a pm

V

Verona
tupelopenny View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
81- 83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupelopenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 12:16

I went to St Vincents in Glasnevin.

A few of us went to the Grove from about 1980/1 - 1982/3. We used to cycle from Drumcondra & Glasnevin.

Myself - brian clarke, & Ray Verschoyle, Ronan madden, Niall Fagan, Lorcan Jordan & Brian Delahunt.

This is my first post, but i have read most of the thread and the only names I recognise are Kevin Whyms. I used to work with them as Stone Pony. Incredible Guitar Player, hard to believe hes not more famous.

Also I seem to remember two guys called Rob who were always there. Think they were from Donaghmede. One of them, Rob Poole? was in a band called zero zero?

Edited by tupelopenny
Good Grief, Charlie Brown
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 01:58
hey Welcome tupleopenny!
I remember Zero Zero and I think a Gerry Doyle and Colm (d'arcy?) played with them. Rolo will be able to shed some light on that
I'm sure I've seen some of the other names you mention, - stay tuned - you never know!
CP

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 11:36

Originally posted by RoundaboutToo! RoundaboutToo! wrote:

I remember Zero Zero and I think a Gerry Doyle and Colm (d'arcy?) played with them. Rolo will be able to shed some light on that

Indeed I will Roundy.

Welcome TP. You are bang on about Zero Zero. They have been mentioned several times on this Forum over the months.

PM on the way with all the details.

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 17:15

Welcome Tupleopenny,

Rolo will fill you in on zero zero - he will also fill you in on C de Burgh he is a big time fan - was it Rolo who co wrote Lady In Red ???

V

Verona
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 17:33
Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Rolo will fill you in on zero zero - he will also fill you in on C de Burgh he is a big time fan - was it Rolo who co wrote Lady In Red ???

V

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Verh is suddenly getting very cheeky  ?

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 17:43

Rolo,

I laughed seeing Lesleys new sig................appreciation to you. One thing I will say in your favour you have a brilliant sense of humour - gas what you can pick up on peoples writing - yes am cheekky but as the man said we'll be a long time dead - hope you enjoyed the Eurovision heard you are a BIG FAN, we watched it for 5 mins then snoozed off.

Take care,

Verona

Verona
Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 21:39

Rolo, she's a law onto herself!!!!

Speaking of the Eurovision........have to admit that I did sit down and watch it - 3 hours of pure and unadulturated "camp" TV!!!! Hilarious! Poor Dervish were totally out of the loop and looked like they were entered into the wrong contest in comparison to the others........What Ireland needs is to have a national treasure representing them next year - someone that the ladies will love (and gay men!) - someone to generate the votes.....hey, I know CdeB!!!!!!! (its the monobrow that does it for me!!!)

irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 04:41

Maybe Rolo could do a cover version of his fave CdeB song - we'd be sure to win .

Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
freebird View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 07:37
Read somewhere that Johnny Logan might be interested in competing again
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 08:04
mother of god, who is resurecting all these old "stars". They must have run out of money.
Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 08:23
Oh crikey, I can barely manage to restrain myself from vomitting everytime I see / hear him on the latest McDonalds Ad - so the thought of him donning the white suit again is enough to make me heave......
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 09:37
Eurocrap thats what the eurovision should be called. I think we should send 2 people all dressed up as leprechaun's and doing a Irish jig next year........... Johnny Logan and CdeB !!!!!!
Now that would be worth watching
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 11:42
Oh my god, two for the price of one! What a gem of an idea Bluebell!
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 19:02

No trixie - in M & S buy 2 get one half price - so go for Bluebells idea but those men would need Rolo......................................

CdeB & JLogan singing - I would give you my last ROLO anytime

V

Verona
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 15:50

Would Dana not join in with her All kinds of everything!

Snowdrops and daffodils, butterflies and bees
Sailboats and fishermen, things of the sea
Wishing wells, wedding bells, early morning dew
All kinds of everything remind me of you

Seagulls and aeroplanes, things of the sky
Winds that go howling, breezes that sigh
City sights, neon lights, grey skies or blue

Summertime, Wintertime
Spring and Autumn too
Monday, Tuesday, every day
I think of you

Dances, romances, things of the night
Sunshine and holidays, postcards to write
Budding trees, Autumn leaves, a snowflake or two

Summertime, Wintertime
Spring and Autumn too
Seasons will never change
The way that I love you

Dances, romances, things of the night
Sunshine and holidays, postcards to write
Budding trees, Autumn leaves, a snowflake or two

Now that will keep you singing for the remainder of the day!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 18:12

Now that is the only eurovision song I've ever liked. (feel free to line up and let fly?). Great tune - lovely and simple.

always puts a smile on my face.

strange musical taste mine.

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 18:33

Not saying a word 'Snapper.

Teresa, betcha any money you could sing that very nicely indeed.

Edited by Rolo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>