The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What school did you go to in Grove years?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 07:06
Holy Rosary convent 77-82
Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
Sponsored Links

Choirgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choirgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2006 at 11:39

Reading through this I couldn't find anyone owing up to going to Manor House - - - don't tell me I'm the only one.

Scoil Aine primary - Manor house secondary school and left in 1976........................

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2006 at 13:24

Jackie I did!

Same as you and Kay - Scoil Aine and Manor House left in 1983..

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2006 at 15:23
Am I the only one from the Holy Rosary who went to the grove. Can't believe it.
Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
kat_bar View Drop Down
93-95

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat_bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2006 at 11:04

holy faith clontarf to 96ish

there was a good lot of us girls that used to go to the grove

dunno if any of you are out there? aisling/emma/emma/roisin/anne etc?

lost track of so many people over the years - trouble with leaving the 'pale...

xk

RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2006 at 11:16
Hey Kat_bar! Welcome to the site it's a bit addictive!
hope you find some old grovers from your time - have a look in the 'Memory Lane' threads too...
CP
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2006 at 11:42
Echo that CP, welcome aboard Kat_Bar! There is no escape from this website!  
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 17:49

Bringing this topic up especially for Donal - you'll find some school mates here Donal.

T

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 23:08
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Bringing this topic up especially for Donal - you'll find some school mates here Donal.

T

Thanks Teresa. Yeah anyone go to Chanel in Coolock? I was there 'till "85 and have only kept in touch with a few from school. Also lived in Limewood estate if anyone knows it?   

Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 10:57

Chanel-ite too Donal...until 86 (or 87??? seems ages ago)

St. Brendans Primary School in Artane first.

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Mins View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 11:21
Originally posted by Donal Donal wrote:

T

Thanks Teresa. Yeah anyone go to Chanel in Coolock? I was there 'till "85 and have only kept in touch with a few from school. Also lived in Limewood estate if anyone knows it?   

Limewood ??

Bought a house there in 2000 and lived there til 2003..nice quiet cul-de-sac...

Celine Donnelly was in my year in Manor House..she lived there..

Mins.
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 12:02
Originally posted by Mins Mins wrote:

Originally posted by Donal Donal wrote:

T

I've known Celine for over 30 years now, grew up with her brother Mark who also went to Chanel. What number did you live at, my mam and dad are still at 29.

Limewood ??

Bought a house there in 2000 and lived there til 2003..nice quiet cul-de-sac...

Celine Donnelly was in my year in Manor House..she lived there..

Mins.
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 12:07
Don't know what happened with that last post I did. As I was saying I've known Celine for over 30 years now. Hung around with her brother who I still catch up with when i'm back in Ireland. My folks still live in Limewood, no: 29 on the park.
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 17:52
Quite a few houses up for sale there now...

They have started to build Apts where Tonlegee House was.

My house was/is Number 13..I have the Kellihers and the Canavans as neighbours.

My kids used to go to the Montessori School run by Elizabeth ? whoose Mother owns the house.

Mins.
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 23:32

Originally posted by Mins Mins wrote:

Quite a few houses up for sale there now...

They have started to build Apts where Tonlegee House was.

My house was/is Number 13..I have the Kellihers and the Canavans as neighbours.

My kids used to go to the Montessori School run by Elizabeth ? whoose Mother owns the house.

Mins.

Elisabeth Davis. I lived 2 doors up from them. You must have one of the newer houses in the estate.

Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 10:43
That is it....that is her name...

No I have one of the original ones..I lived in the cul-de-sac, first turn on the right as you enter the estate. I would know a lot of people to see but not by name on your side of the road etc...

Well there you go...small World !!

Mins.
Fester View Drop Down
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 12:27
Donal you had me freaked there for a minute, I thought you were my old mate Carl McDarby, he lived in number 29 in Limewood (different road to you but his folks still live there too), he went to Chanel with me, and he's lived in Perth now for 20+ years. Scary co-incidences! Checked your profile just in case.
Fester View Drop Down
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 12:29

And meant to say Mins we used to hang around with Celine Donnelly and her pals Sharon Casey and Andrea Ryder in Limewood .... very small world ....

Now that I come to think of it Limewood was a Grove stronghold with Lar Lesley and all his gang, serious rockers

Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 12:32
Originally posted by Fester Fester wrote:

And meant to say Mins we used to hang around with Celine Donnelly and her pals Sharon Casey and Andrea Ryder in Limewood .... very small world ....

Now that I come to think of it Limewood was a Grove stronghold with Lar Lesley and all his gang, serious rockers

Sharon Casey is my sister who now lives here in Perth also. Haven't seen Carl for a while but have caught up with him a few times over the years here. This small world is starting to close in on me now, scary.......

Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 14:45

< name="AdsSignaller">if(document.body){document.body.off_complete = "yes"; window.status = "off_end"; window.status = ""}

Ardscoil Rís 1972 - 1977 - 30 years since I discovered the Grove!!! Another life!

The Universe is a void full of infinite possibilities
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>