The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Pictures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:01

Hi Ian,

I have a flatbed scanner (years I am embarrassed to say so you'd imagine I 'd be scanner savy at this point) and have scanned them all but my problemo lies in trying to transfer them on to this....I will try resaving them and then trying to down load them again! Thanks for the assistance! I'll get them posted if it kills me as I have been searching for those pics since I joined this site and only found them via de fluke of de Gods when I was at home recently!

Sponsored Links

IanL View Drop Down
81-84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:13
Aha ...

I had a feeling that Killian mentioned he had added
some feature to allow uploading image files without
having to have them available permanently on the web.
However, I think I was mistaken and that was just for

What you need to do, Ann , is setup a free flickr account.
Flickr has a little windows application which you
can download and install on your puter.
It allows you to choose image files from your folders
and upload them into named galleries. It's all very
intuitive once you've downloaded the app and installed
it.

Then you need to just visit your flickr site and
use right click with the mouse and choose the option
to copy the URL or image location into the clipboard.
Then you can use the image icon in the Grove forum
post edit box and just paste the URL/address of
the image in there.
To test it choose preview before actually posting
the photos to see that the actual photo is displayed
along with the text of your post.

--Ian
Ian - Grover '81-'84
Exiled to Mayo since 2005
Ann Whelan 1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:15
as you can see I'm not doing too well with the posting of my photos...I've a feeling that I'll have a forest of these little trees by the time I discover what exactly I am meant to be a doing!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:19
Thanks, am going to try de Flicker method as it sounds kinda hopeful!
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:20

ok that worked - Ann go to Photobucket and join - you can then upload your pics to there and copy and paste the link in the add image icon.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:22
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:24
I don't know what in the name of God I did but I got the photo up! This was Demot Flood gargling on the Guinness and Robert Coady at my 21st birthday
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:28

Marcus making a guest appearance after coming down from the trees in St. Annes minus his flute and Shea....there was an epidemic of guitars at that party and oddly enough I can't remember anyone singing "Happy Birthday" to my fair self!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:31

Dermot Flood still with a Guinness in hand...

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:31
Your welcome to send to me and I will try it for you - if it works I'll tak you step by step through it!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:33

Another Gerry....it must have been National Gerry week that day as there were more Gerrys at that gathering......

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:36
Alan Flood and moi
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 18:58
cant see any of them Ann!
IanL View Drop Down
81-84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 19:10
Oh gosh.. I'm eagerly awaiting to see Marcus and his
flute
Ian - Grover '81-'84
Exiled to Mayo since 2005
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 19:15
you are joking! I can see them all in each of the boxes in vivid technicolour! It's a good job you told me as I had more to put up!!! I am actually having problems with my laptop a la momento so I was delighted that I even managed to do that. I think that I may email them and let someone more pc knowlegable tackle de situation as we would be well into '07 by the time I got my act together with all this high tech technology!!!
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 21:22

10 out of 10 for trying,Ann-now I'm really intrigued...sounds like some treasures you have there...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2006 at 13:47

Ok Lads on behalf of Ann Whelan I am posting some pictures! Here goes and I hope you can view!

Per Ann: Ger Kennedy of "STRYDER" fame and moi at another 21st.....

Edited by eejit91
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2006 at 13:50

Quote Ann: my 21st birthday .....Dermot Flood gargaling Guinness and Roberto Coady

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2006 at 13:51

Quote Ann: Gerry 1, Dermot Flood & Gerry2!!

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2006 at 13:53

Quote Ann: National Gerry Week...another Gerry and not a Tom in sight!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>