Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Pictures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grove Pictures?
    Posted: 20-September-2006 at 23:12

Okay..I've had a quick look through the forums and I can't see this anywhere..so I was wondering..

Would people be interested in putting up old pics of themselves at the grove in St. Pauls..or the original in Belgrove I suppose. Maybe do it as a seperate thread or something? I know we have at least one pic that I know of in the Grove..back in the day when I was skinny..she still is..
I bet there are loads of old pics out there...I know they showed glimpses of a few on the Documentary....

Anyway..just a thought...adios for now peeps!!
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2006 at 23:17
It always makes me sad when I see my (young) full head of hair and compare it to my (old) thinning long hair but I s'pose thats life...having said that, I like the idea very much HD  
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2006 at 23:26

Okay...well I'm not familiar with how pics are posted here..if it's like other boards I assume you have to upload to a hosting site ..like Photobucket..and link to it here...

So... I'll root out that old pic for the hell of it and scan and upload and get it started...

Just hope we're not the only ones though...
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2006 at 23:30

Oh and as for the hair...well mine's a lot shorter now too..and a lot grayer too..

But I have expanded in other areas to compensate...hehe!!

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 11:05

Just came across a thread from back in May when DocMartin tried to get something similar going! Is she still around? I notice that nobody else ever did post a pic as well...

Well I have a free night tonightso I'm gonna root out that old pic and stick it up here and any others I can find...and lets see if we can't persuade a few others to share their pictorial memories...hehehe!!
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 11:10

I'm gonna download a photo of Stevie Nicks and pretend thats me...

You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 11:20

Hi I'm a newbie....no doubt there's lots after documentary.

I'm a Grover from 86 - 89 (though still appeared in 90, 91 occasionally)

I'd love to see old Photos....I know I have some myself I could dig out.

My burning question since the documentary is on a similar wave....is there anywhere where those in the photos on the documentary are identified....I recognise a few, but the hair not to mention plastic bags make it a bit difficult to be sure of some others.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 11:49
Hi Esthalon..welcome...

Think I'm allowed to welcome now anyway..hehehe!! tho was a newbie myself yesterday..there seems to be lots of us...

I imagine that some of the ..ahem..older.. members on here might be able to name some of the people...

and look forward to seeing your pics up here....fair play to ya!!
docmartin View Drop Down
91-94

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 12:00
hiya's ... Yeah, I'm still around... unfortunatley I was the only one who posted a pic...much to my embarrasement :-)....

I'm sure I've plenty more where that came from though..
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 12:02
Hey Doc..great!!..I promise you wont be the only one this time...if I have to go through every single photo album in our house...and there's a lot..but I know that pic is there...and it would have been early 80's...I'm sure we have a few others as well...

Don't worry..we can keep badgering everyone else till they cough up too....
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 12:04

Be kinda fun actually..cos usually there are other background people in these pics..hard not to be with a crowd anyway. So we could have fun with people trying to spot people they know in the background too...
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 14:08

OK I Found one that's presentable. Don't want to leave Doc Martin on her own!!!

Down the Alcove with the Gang

From the left....

Paddy Coen, Joan Farrelly (worked in Cloakroom), Me!, Ray Doyle (Yes the DJ that was on Grove Documentary) One of the Moran Twins....think it was Declan but may have been Gavin, John Coughlan (Yes that was him up the tree in the photo on Grove Documentary....Hi John), Kev Day in the back (I think), Frances Kenny and Finally John Doody.

Hope some of you out there recognise a few faces!!!!

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 14:12
Wow....what a brilliant photo...what year was it taken in ? Don't know anyone in the photo. Good on ya esthalon for putting it up
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 14:19

I think it was around 1990....we were all "Old Heads" there by then so it was ok to be seen taking photos. I think we had all gone back for a "Reunion"....we'd only just started going to Bruxelles and Mc Gonagles etc

Sigh...them were the days.

docmartin View Drop Down
91-94

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 14:28
well fair play to you...brilliant photo... hopefully more will follow in your footsteps!
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 14:32

Cool Pic Esthalon..

Like wise I don't recognise the faces ..but I'm from a slghtly older vintage too..but the funny thing is..it could just as easily HAVE been from my time...is nice to see that the longhairs we're still holding sway even up into the 90's :-)
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 15:14

I remember Joan alright, nice girl

Cool Pic by the way!!  

Edited by Brunswick
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 18:44

Ray Doyle remember him from the Grove don't know if he rmembers me. Didn't hang around with him as such but often hung out down in the Grove but sure didn't we hang out with everyone and anyone down there

P
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 19:47
Okay..after much thumbing through hundreds and hundreds of dog-eared snaps...finally found the one and only pic we have that was taken at the Grove. It was taken in Dec' 1982 and I guess it proves we didn't have to visit the compound..hehehe!!
Anybody recognise any of the people around us?

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 19:50

I'm thinking that bluebell must have collapsed from the heat and I was giving her mouth to mouth ...hehehehe!!!!

Have a couple of other pics from around the same time...but not in the Grove itself...one in The Neptune..and the other in The Summit in Howth..all with Grovey people...maybe I'll stick 'em up later
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>