Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Members Gig Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:44

Bring the Boys Back Home

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Sponsored Links

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:44

Time...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:47

Money...

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:53

The Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety was a treat,played beautifully,with Katie Kissoon (a backing singer Roger has been using for years) did a fine job on the Great Gig in the Sky.

Encores were The Happiest Days of our Lives,Another Brick in the Wall (pt 2),Vera,Bring the Boys Back Home and Comfortably Numb.

Excellent finale,crowd goes nuts and,after the show,Tonto goes up to the stage and gets himself a set list-what a souvenir!

Got Eclipse on video in full (might try to put it onto YouTube) but Tonto got a nice few songs with his new toy-digital video recorder-perfect quality.

Fantastic night,fantastic visuals and fantastic music.

Roll on the DVD release.

Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 23:13
Originally posted by Floydman Floydman wrote:

During 'It all makes Perfect Sense' a spaceman was launched over the crowd,floating weightlessly over everyone as if leaving his spaceship...

Link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ushIiBz3ig

I reckon Rolo was getting worried in case CdeB made a surprise guest appearance with Roger Waters and do a Duet of a SPACEMAN CAME TRAVELING

P

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 23:15

The Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety was a treat,played beautifully,with Katie Kissoon (a backing singer Roger has been using for years) did a fine job on the Great Gig in the Sky.

Encores were The Happiest Days of our Lives,Another Brick in the Wall (pt 2),Vera,Bring the Boys Back Home and Comfortably Numb.

Excellent finale,crowd goes nuts and,after the show,Tonto goes up to the stage and gets himself a set list-what a souvenir!

Got Eclipse on video in full (might try to put it onto YouTube) but Tonto got a nice few songs with his new toy-digital video recorder-perfect quality.

Fantastic night,fantastic visuals and fantastic music.

Roll on the DVD release.

I got The Great Gig in the sky on Video and a few others.I will have to register with Youtude or something to slap them up..

P

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 23:17

Edited by Black Russian

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 23:33
I think that Roger Waters is a true talent
as a lyricist some of his work verges on
the poetic.My favourite album of his is
"Amused To Death", lent it to a friend
last week but he thought it was rubbish.

Edited by monarch
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 08:47
Great photos lads feel sorry I missed it.
A man must have a code
freebird View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 09:23

Sheep...

They must repaint the pig depending on where they are playing.

In Perth it was 'Bring David Hicks home' and anti Bush sentiments on the pigs rear end

it was an outdoor concert in Perth -story goes the pig ended up in someone's swimming pool

Edited by freebird
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 09:29
Wow Martin great pics and a great review........thanks for sharing 
Really sorry I missed it.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 14:36

Excellent Martin, nothing better than a review from a true fan.

Did manage to spot yourself and Tonto legging it into the arena just before the start, couldn't miss Tonto with that red jacket. Good to hear that you got up near the front.

Peter, have to confess to a slight panic attack when I saw the astronaut floating in my direction. Was worried that it was some form of retribution.

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2007 at 15:44
My review...

Was really looking forward to this gig but I didn't think I was getting to(Long story)
But anyway when we got there we had time for a very rushed beer.

The backdrop of the stage was showing a video of a old fashion radio set and every so often a hand would appear and tune in a different station and this was providing the music for the venue while we were waiting on Roger Waters.
"In the flesh" was the first song and the crowd with the matching hammers on the screen then he went into a string of Pink Floyd Songs "Wish you were here" Mother and "Shine on your crazy diamond" I was just so thrilled that I was standing there hearing all these Pink Floyd songs been played live it was just amazing.

"Dark side of the moon" played live WOW The song was so perfect with all the back ground noise and voices it was like listening to the album at home but with but been played live. Amazing. While we were waiting on the band to come back on with for Dark Side of teh moon they had a video clipof the moon in the distant and it gradually got closer and closer on the screen.

Encores Vera/Bring the boys back home Confortabley Numb and Another Brick in the wall... I was just so glad that the gig finished there cause I couldn't take any more excitement. This is the closest I will get to a Pink Floyd gig and cause it wasn't a Pink Floyd gig but only Roger Waters I thought it was still the perfect gig...

I hope they release this tour and even better the Dublin show on DVD .I am going to see if I can get a copy of the gig in town and if I do I will post it up here

P

P

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2007 at 16:41

Good words,Pete...yep-it was fab.

(Let me know if you get a copy!)

Floxi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2007 at 23:49
Amazing pics!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2007 at 16:11
Originally posted by muller muller wrote:

Springsteen's Dublin shows set for DVD

A DVD and double live CD of Bruce Springsteen's shows at Dublin's Point Theatre in November 2006 are to be released.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0420/springsteenb.html

This is been shown on TV3 today Sunday 3rd of June at 3:40pm
I know no one going to be seeing this post  AND IT BE TOO LATE

P

Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 11:07

Went to see Aerosmith last night......have to say they are fantastic live & played a compendium of their hits, however the audience and the venue was totally lack lustre - I've come to realise that most of the people that attend open air concerts are no more there for the music than the man in the moon! Alot of those attending were within the 16-20 age group in the "peaches geldof" zone of thinking their too cool for school and who proceeding to spend the entire gig pretending they were off their heads on the water down becks! (purr-leeasseee!!!) - the audience didn't respond to the band at all and I thought that reflected in Aerosmith's performance somewhat....yes, they sounded perfect and still oozed charisma, but crikey I feel even they were deflated with the audience at times!

Their set was somewhat short (they only played for an hour and 15 mins!) and played just one encore! The venue itself is not the best  - it took us close to 2 hours to get there from Clontarf and thankfully we knew what direction to go in as there were sod all signs up or directions on how to get to the venue itself. When we did arrive the ground of Marley is so flat that unless you were in the first 10 rows you would have to spend the rest of the gig watching the big screens! To make matters worse, getting out of Marley park was just as bad if not worse than getting to it! We proceeded to have to walk past squating girls doing god knows what in the bushes (along with some urinating men - sorry boys -  along the way!) - when we got back to the car park - utter chaos ensued! All in all, my days of attending outdoor concerts are numbered.....IMHO much as I'm not mad on the point or the RDS (much rather smaller venues) I would have preferred them to play there than the open fields - as once you hold a "Slane style" concert you are no longer just attracting die hard fans - more the little boy racer going for the over priced pee they call lager and the chance of a quick grope with his "mot" in the bushes en route out!

All in all, an enjoyable evening - had great craic with my group of friends and we really enjoyed watching Aerosmith and will definately see them again when they play in Dublin (which god knows when that will be considering they havent played here in over ten years!) but I wont be venturing back to Marley any time soon!  

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 14:00

Nice one Trixie and must say I've never gone to see anyone in Marley Park for precisely those very reasons.

However, will say that a freind of mine went to Malahide Castle for the Arctic Monkeys last weekend and despite the audience being of a similar vintage,she found the occasion most enjoyable as the logistics were far handier.

DART from Killester to Malahide,ten minute walk to venue and vice versa on the way home.

Far more civilised if ya ask me.

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 14:02
Hey ya all

Was at the Aerosmith gig too. I liked the venue and the the scenery was great both landscaping and the female scenery...
I am still in two minds about the gig. They did put on a good show and played some classic songs but I was a bit disappointed with Aerosmith. I don't know why. The crowd just didn't seem to get going. They played a great version of Dream On and this was the only time the crowd got into.
It was the perfect place gig to try my new Camera and I got some great shots. Will post them as soon as I get a chance...

I think I am getting too old for these outdoor gigs and standing for 2 hours.

P

Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 14:33

Pete - we're of similar minds so! I cant fault the band....they sound as good as they did in their "hay day" but like you I'm somewhat deflated and methinks 99% of it is to do with the lack of atmosphere....yes, the environs of Marlay are pretty but christ I think as a venue its appalling!

Rolo - agree with you totally - Malahide would be a handier venue for both sides of the city - its easy to access on the dart from North and south side and therefore would cater for everyone - though, having said that I still feel I wouldnt venture to an outdoor gig - I think ever since Robbie Williams headlined Slane, the "outdoor gig" has attracted a much younger "yob" element that wouldnt ordinarily have ventured to see a specific band like Aerosmith etc had it not been for the outdoor venue which attracts them because of what goes with it - drink, drink and more drink!....its a pity, but c'est la vie! Pete - dying to see the pics, upload them as soon as you can! Were you there for the Feeling and Chris Cornell? Missed them both - due to the heavy traffic. Delighted you enjoyed your evening taking in the "Female landscape" (!!!) - we ladies didnt have it quite so lucky, did you notice the number of "Sprial" look-a-likes there? (for those of you that dont know Sprial is an Irish Guy who was a contestant on "that" show last year that Rolo wont let us mention - think gold madallions, hoop earring, Nike air max runners, baggy tracksuits, baseball caps backwards etc....) - not what I would classify as my "stereotypical" Rock Music Fan!!! (Ahem!)

Thought it was hilarious when Joe Perry carefully placed his guitar on the centre stage and proceeded to strategically take off his red silk shirt and gently hit the shirt against the guitar until glitter came flying out (I kid you not!) - it was comical - in their hay day he would have been banging the guitar against the stage along with other wilder antics, but it seems their becoming sensible in their advancing years! Priceless!

Anyone going to see the Who there this friday? If so, be warned you'll no doubt be surrounded by a few "Sprials" who are only going to "watch the band that does the theme tunes to CSI"!!!!!!!!! (their words not mine!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>