The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Members Gig Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 32>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2007 at 20:09
Where is the review of Die Hard -  ???
Verona
Sponsored Links

Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2007 at 20:33
Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Where is the review of Die Hard -  ???

Under the movie review thread
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 11:11

Anyone go to the Stones yesterday?

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 10:14
A man must have a code
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 11:27
Wow!  Thanks for sharing that Finno!! Tickets for that will be like gold dust I'd imagine.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 11:38

Finno

Any news of tours ??

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 12:45
All talk seems to be about a oneoff. But with another compilation out this autumn and the money to be made from a tour maybe they could be tempted. Maybe even if they do it as a one off initially, if it goes well you never know.
A man must have a code
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2007 at 16:46
Its on Nov 26th!   breaking news

(edit)  oops! just read your post Finno, same info   D'oh

Edited by RoundaboutToo!
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2007 at 09:03

I see there goin' to have a pickey -out for tickets and there will be no multiple sales

Yeh

Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 11:31

I was at The Police gig in Croke Park last night and I have to say it was a bloody good one. Support band Fiction Plane opened and I was very impressed. For those who don't know, FP is fronted by Sting's son who looks and sounds so like his dad it's scary. They are playing Whelan's tonight if anyone is interested. Well worth seeing.

After Fiction Plane, the Police took to the stage and opened with Message In A Bottle which got the crowd bouncing right away. They played all the old favourites from their back catalogue and put on a really great show. Their stage set was hugely impressive but the band themselves were fantastic. They still sound great, even after thirty years. Some of the songs have been tweaked a bit but only to make them sound better. Here's what I can remember from the setlist:

Message in a bottle, Synchronicity II, Walking on the Moon, When the World is running down, Driven to Tears, Don't Stand So Close To Me, Hole in My Life, Every Little Thing She Does, Wrapped Around Your Finger, De Do Do Do, Invisible Sun, Walking in Your Footsteps, Can't Stand Losing You, Roxanne (the whole stage lit up red for this number), So Lonely, Next To You, Every Breath You Take.

Jen

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 12:05

Hi I was there too and I have to say it brought a tear to my eye.

Mary and I are both police fans and our early years together were accompanied by all there albums. Went mad last night and am suffering big time. Stated in Meaghers at 5. OOH !!!

I must agree with Jen

If you can,-- GO SEE FICTION PLANE tonight in Whelans

They are superb.

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 13:20

Well done-was waiting for this review...Joan-you were there-agree with Jen and Gary?

Tonto normally hears all the Croke Pake gigs from his back garden (Marino) but said he couldn't really hear them yesterday.

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 18:11

Yeh martin I was there fantastic night. Agree re Fiction Plane they were really really good and if I had the energy to do two nights in a row would def be heading to whelans tonight .

Have they recorded anything I wonder ????

Police where amazing  much better then I thought they would be ,highlight for me would have to be So Lonely unbelievably good despite the fact that I was in cusack upper stand was on my feet rocking most of the nite.

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 18:34

Check out their MySpace page, Blondie. There's plenty of info about them including samples from their current album 'Left Side of the Brain'. They played a few tracks from it last night. I think I'll be downloading it later.

www.myspace.com/fictionplane 

Jen

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 18:50

Cheers Jen will do.

Am just downloading CD8 so will download after that.

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
tupelopenny View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
81- 83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupelopenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 19:56

I was at Rush on Friday Night in Newcastle, Great Show, Always wanted to see them back in the day, but it never seemed to work out. So this year, I said, I shall remedy it,

Heres the setlist, the old songs were great and I have to admt, I didnt know any of the newer ones, but they wernt bad.

Next on my list of bands to see is Heaven & Hell in Cardiff in November.

Plus  i got a cure ticket for Wembley next march!

Set One
Introduction Video - Dream Sequence with Alex and Neil followed by Geddy and his Scottish Counterpart

Limelight
  Digital Man
  Entre Nous
  Mission
  Freewill
  The Main Monkey Business
  The Larger Bowl (with Bob & Doug McKenzie introduction)
  Secret Touch
  Circumstances
  Between The Wheels
  Dreamline

Set Two
Introduction Video - The Alex/Leela Board Rant

Far Cry
  Workin' Them Angels
  Armor And Sword
  Spindrift
  The Way The Wind Blows
  Subdivisions
  Natural Science
  Witch Hunt
  Malignant Narcissism
  Drum Solo
  Hope
  Summertime Blues
  Distant Early Warnings 
  The Spirit of Radio
  Tom Sawyer (with South Park/Lil' Rush introduction)

Encore
  One Little Victory
  A Passage to Bangkok
  YYZ

Edited by tupelopenny
Good Grief, Charlie Brown
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 20:15
Wonder if there's any chance that Rush will play over here?  Probably not, sadly!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
tupelopenny View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
81- 83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupelopenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 20:39

Not on this tour, but you never know in the future.

Amazing to see them filling venues the size of point depot still, plus they have a really big stage show, maybe when the point reopens.

Good Grief, Charlie Brown
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 21:35

You're going to see The Cure? I am SO jealous! Somehow, I've always managed to miss them. Enjoy!

Jen

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 22:30

Saw Heaven and Hell in Perth in August.

Was impressed with Dio, the voice is still there.

Agree with everyone's review of The Police last night. Sound was the best I can remember for any Croke Park gig and the three lads looked and sounded great.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 32>