FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Members Gig Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Floxi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2007 at 22:24
Great reviews Crustry & Trixie - agree with the pair of you. The audience & atmosphere was a LOT better for The Who the same week, so it does matter! Saw BellX1 yest & Malahide Castle (although absolutely freezing) is a great venue!!
Sponsored Links

Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2007 at 16:11

Kelly I got a Ticket for next Wednesday for REM €120 euro I paid. The guiy had another one to sell  too..

Here the Link to the Camera I have

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/high-zoom/dmc-tz3eb-a/index.htm

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
chi chi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chi chi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2007 at 15:06

Fab pics...what camera do u have???... Ok I am sure it was ur skill that came into play Pete...but am interested...

Anyone get lucky with Rem tix ?? I tried ages back to no avail to get my mitts on some..Are they going for a mint??

crusty View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
89-93

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 23:54
Great pictures Pete. That's one hell of a camera you got there not to
mention one seriously steady hand. What camera is it?
Regarding the gig, I loved it. Unfortunately I missed The Feeling due to
snail's pace rush hour traffic. Aerosmith rocked Marlay Park! As did our
man Chris Cornell! I couldn't believe the set he played. It was his greatest
hits collection back to back. Everything from Soundgarden through
Temple Of The Dog, Audioslave and his own solo tunes. I was afraid he'd
be dosing the set heavily with the new album, but in fact, it was the
opposite. His band were great too, they've seriously tough shoes to fill,
which I'm glad to say they didn't even attempt to. Afterall, there is only
one Tom Morello! Although I felt sorry for him, as the crowd were very
lack lustre during his set.
As for Aerosmith, it was spine tingling just to be in the same field as such
rock monsters. Even after all the years, they still got it. And as mentioned
earlier by someone, the pinnacle of their set, for me, was Dream On. And
I don't think I'm alone on that one. Their set covered their entire back
catalogue, kicking off with a killer version of Love In An Elevator (I'd
forgotten how infectious that song was - "Whoa Yeah!") and finishing with
one encore - Walk This Way. I did think the set dipped a little towards the
end, when Joe Perry took front man position. Blues jams and extended
versions are mind-blowing in intimate clubs, but when your standing in a
field at 10:30pm, in Dublin, in June and your balls are starting to recoil
with the temperature drop, you want something familiar to keep the
blood flowing. I thought they could've played a little longer or chosen a
slightly different set. I missed some of the classics, like Mama Kin, but
then again, that's just a testament to their fine back catalogue.
   It was funny to see how they've aged, starting stage right with the
naturally aged, and still managing to look cool Brad Whitford, and as you
move across the stage the band seem to get a little younger looking,
finishing stage left with our man Joe Perry who just looks like he was
cryogenically frozen somewhere in his late 20's and thawed-out in just
enough time to go on stage every night - a credit to skilled hands of
L.A.'s finest no doubt!
   There were some particularly cheesey moments, like the "scarf beating
guitar" incident (whoever came up with that piece of choreography should
be fed to hungry gummy crocodiles - don't ask) as described above, but
all in all, well worth the price of admission. I hope it's not the last time I
see them. As for the lack lustre crowd response, Mr. Tyler obviously
didn't seem to mind, really, as apparently "Dublin, Ireland, you were the
best f**kin' show on the tour!" (or words to that effect). Honestly Steven,
we believe you!!!... thousands wouldn't.

Bruxelles was just as much fun after.

Roll on Roskilde!

Edited by crusty
I'm not even supposed to be here today!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 15:35
This week Aerosmith

Next week Ozzy review and photos

P

Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 13:53
My sentiments exactly Pete.
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 11:57
Steve

I thought Aerosmith put a great show on, but I think they would have been better suited in The Point. As you were saying on the way out of the gig, you were asking all the KIDS "Do you even know who played tonight". It was the same when U2 played Slane the first night just full of kids who were at Slane for a day out drinking. I reckon most of them couldn't even spell U 2.

P

softlad View Drop Down
88 - still rockin’ hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 10:24

Hi Trixie, tuesday night was my third time to see them in dublin and was probably the best performance the band gave of all those shows. i'm not sure its fair to blame the crowd really as i feel outdoor shows as a rule tend to lose something in comparison to the intimacy of the point/simmonscourt etc. there's always exceptions but i've noticed in the last decade or so we don't get these tremendous atmosphere's anymore, you only have to look at the live8 shows and compare them to the original gig, a vey pale shadow of it's former self. Aerosmith toured india and eastern europe before coming here and london,the crowd reaction there reportedly "fantastic". why the difference? we're spoiled for choice, every band good or bad comes here now, you scan the papers there's gigs on every night in dublin. it's become fashionable to tour here, eighties /early ninties we struggled to get top acts to play here. we now pay top dollar for our tickets and are expecting more and more from the ageing acts. not going to happen i'm afraid.

softlad

"remember if you wanna get aHEAD you gotta give a little"
Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 10:03
Originally posted by softlad softlad wrote:

nice photo's pete, can't believe you spent all that time in my company and didn't get one of me!!!! speaking as a real aerosmith fan, i think you all spent too much time looking at the people standing beside you and your surroundings, if you'd bothered to watch the stage you'd have seen a legendary live act play some of their old classics that haven't made the set list in years. i thought the quality of the performance was great. steve tylers voice was amazing on the night. the overall sound could've been a little louder for my liking but that was my only complaint.

Softlad, totally agree with you - cant fault Steve - his voice was as flawless and powerful as always, but we just weren't impressed with the lack lustre audience! I remember seeing an interview with Aerosmith years ago and they were talking about how Dublin was one of the best concerts they ever did as the audience interaction was amazing and had a fantastic atmosphere which they feed off - alas, I dont think they'll be saying Dublin again in interviews after the response they got on Tuesday thats all!

Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 10:00

Wow Pete - your camera is fab! those pics are brilliant....when I saw them I thought you must've been right up the front (the wonders of technology eh!)

Funny thing is you - you were literally around the same patch where I was with my cronies!

Well, I went to see Il Divo last night with another group of friends (including the hubby again, who this time was not too impressed with the idea of going initially as he was "still tired after aerosmith" - this from a man still on the right side of 35!!!) - but we were all (including hubby!) blown away by how good they were - yes, granted they are manufactered by the man himself Mr. Cowell and alot of their songs are covers, but they are still magnifico! We had an absolute ball - and the funniest thing was the surge of OAP's rushing to the stage for their encore to have a cheap feel and get them to sign their posters and CD's which they obliged! Bless!

softlad View Drop Down
88 - still rockin’ hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2007 at 09:59

nice photo's pete, can't believe you spent all that time in my company and didn't get one of me!!!! speaking as a real aerosmith fan, i think you all spent too much time looking at the people standing beside you and your surroundings, if you'd bothered to watch the stage you'd have seen a legendary live act play some of their old classics that haven't made the set list in years. i thought the quality of the performance was great. steve tylers voice was amazing on the night. the overall sound could've been a little louder for my liking but that was my only complaint.

softlad

"remember if you wanna get aHEAD you gotta give a little"
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 21:27

This is how far back I was from the stage... Just showing off how Good my camera is

More Aerosmith photos HERE

P

Edited by Black Russian

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 21:05

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 20:26

Was watching some of the Glastonbury concerts over the weekend.

Had to wait up till 00.10 on Satnight to get my man John Fogerty on interactive. They showed 30 minutes of him and he was as usual brill. John Eavis, the farm owner was watching him.

Other acts, Paulo Nutini, Killers, Artic Monkeys (some), The Who, Dame Bassey also impressed.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 18:10

Great Reviews Trix - Pete - Rolo - Have to agree re: Marley Park, summed up in one word KIP.  I think there comes a stage in life usually about 29/30 when you wake up and realise "hygiene and comfort are more impoirtant than scum bugging".  Pete if you want to know what that means read review re: the bushes etc.

Apart from the hardship - bet you enjoyed the music & pals.

V

Verona
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 17:13

Don't go to The Hill Pete.

Young fella wouldn't be able to see .

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 16:57
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Defo used to happen Trixie, not sure if it's true anymore.

Before they revamped the Hill, the punters were crammed in like sardines and you genuinely couldn't move during the game. Hence the necessity do do the unthinkable.

Much better facilities now so reckon that practice has ceased. Now it's just naggins of vodka,cocaine and the odd shot of smack...............or so the Sunday Worst would have you believe.

And were you one of those that done teh unthinkable

P

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 16:43

Defo used to happen Trixie, not sure if it's true anymore.

Before they revamped the Hill, the punters were crammed in like sardines and you genuinely couldn't move during the game. Hence the necessity do do the unthinkable.

Much better facilities now so reckon that practice has ceased. Now it's just naggins of vodka,cocaine and the odd shot of smack...............or so the Sunday Worst would have you believe.

Trixie View Drop Down
Really Senior Member
Really Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 16:12

Had to sucumb to the dreaded portoloo yesterday - my poor weak bladder wasnt able for the long journey (nearly 2 hours!) so had to queue up on arrival! It was relatively decent (for porto-loos that is! - and by that I mean, it had toilet roll in it!) and at least they had hand santisers in situ for people to use after they went to the loo so at least thats something I guess!

Rolo, one of the women in work was telling me today that on Hill 16 certain individuals are known to piss there and then where their standing - not giving a damn if it wets the person in front of them! I thought she was joking initially, but she said she was deadly serious! Urgh, some people are such scum bags!

xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 15:36

Great hearfelt reviews lads.  Re outdoor gigs - one word to sum up why I will never go to another one - Portaloo!

Went to Marley about 6 years ago for David Grey - there was a freak wind which blew the canopy off the stage so when it started to rain they stopped the gig in case the band got electrocuted....this was July!  Agree its bloody awkward to get to, parked miles away that night and had to walk miles to get in and out but that was better than the queue in and out of the car park..........

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>