The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Members Gig Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Secret Agent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secret Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members Gig Reviews
    Posted: 27-May-2011 at 11:16
Thanks Robbie! Yep I make everything with my very own little hands . Each piece of steampunk is soldered, screwed together and are all one of a kind pieces.Paintings are originals too.
I'm going to be offering Grovers a discount on all my stuff when I load up the next batch.
well you can ride on the crest of a wave if, that's where you want to be
Sponsored Links

Robbie63 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
80-83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2011 at 06:31
I just looked at your website Rainey J. Do you make all
that stuff yourself. It´s fantastic.
Robbie     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secret Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 23:39
I went to see Aja last night in JJs. REALLY good.They have the sound to a T! The tenor sax players and one of the singers play with the 17 piece Hothouse Bigband in the MErcantile every Mon night.They're real pros.I've been out 7 consecutive nights & this is my first one in since...I feel unusual

Edited by Rainey J

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secret Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 23:34
....you know,I think that Waters looks like Richard Gere! Looks great & at 69!!bloody hell marvelous stuff altogether

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secret Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 23:31
I have just seen the pic of John Bolger with Robert Plant.I'll certainly be chatting to him ,John that is, when I see him again in the Gypsy Rose. Really nice guy .He gave me a pocketwatch to use as parts in my steampunk. Great pic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secret Agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 22:59
It was an absolutely mind blowing experience. Pyrotechnics were fantastic & when the wall came down~*WOW
& Snowy White on guitar..cool
Best gig ever
Great pics Martin
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 21:54

Looks brilliant, Martin!

GG

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 21:25
Yep! Saw your message-thanks man.
Dream come true seeing that show...
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 21:11

Super photos Martin...........I can imagine how much you enjoyed that gig.......
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 14:39
Without a doubt.
Most of you were probably there...for those who missed it,shame on you. One of the worlds greatest rock show's-possibly never to be seen again.
Especially that opening number 'In The Flesh',fireworks,smoke,showers of sparks,blinding lights,surround sound aeroplanes and a dive bomber crashing into the wall into a ball of flames. Amazing!

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 10:09
My god ,,Roger Waters The Wall,,,Just blew me away ,,,amazing from start to finish ,,,,Pete sums it up ,,The greatest show on earth
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 02:04

Just in from The Fleadh Cowboys tribute night to Bob Dylan.

So many artists played.

Gig started at 8pm and finished at 12.50am..............

Awesome, have loads photos to post later.

Photos under "Rock Photos" in the Fun Stuff thread.

"Forever Young"

Edited by Biker Pat
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Robbie63 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
80-83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 19:10
A kick in the bollix will also make a grown man weep.
Robbie     
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 18:27

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

But was it a gig or a show ??

Good questions BR - in my view it was both a gig and a show. Never imagined I would get to see it either, but was worth the wait. Imagine how it must have been in Earls Court last week when Waters was joined on the CN solo by Gilmore. No wonder grown men wept!

Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 16:25
Might see ya there pete ,,time to tear down the Wall
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 15:46

I 've been waiting for the chnce to see The Wall live but not never thought I would get the chance. The excitment of seeing this since getting the tickets last May and I had very high expectations for this.
Well it didn't live up to the above...... It far exceeded it and what a great show it was, the visual was spectacular, the performance was spot on. Greatest show on Earth. But was it a gig or a show ??

Off to it again tonight
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 12:54

Delighted for you Martin, nothing better than seeing your real heroes in the flesh.

Was supposed to go last night but decided to offer the tickets to someone less fortunate who is a real Floyd fan.Hope he enjoyed it as much as you lot did.

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 12:09
Agree with all the above-and June-yes,a real treat for the eyes and the senses. Going tonight with BR again...can't wait.
Review and pics to follow...
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 10:43
Roger Waters was not a concert it was a feast for the eyes....it exceeded every expectation. (Helped by amazing seats). Complete entertainment. Don't know how any other concert will ever measure up to it......to anyone going tonight, you are in for a treat and bring your camera!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 10:36
Cant wait for this gig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>