The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Cecil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 16:20
Yeah Sean, a bright spot! Nice one, hope to meet up with her (and you of course!) down the line
One of its legs is both the same
Sponsored Links

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 16:45
Pat,the good thing about the radio show party is that it can be booked months in advance,so gives people plenty of time to arrange stuff...I'll have a chat with the radio crew for their input,and hopefully 2021 will be a runner...and Gerry,hopefully in the near future
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 17:18
Sean
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 18:24
Stuck for words at the moment---to Cecil 

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 18:57
Awesome choice. Heart

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 19:07
Beautiful Pogue, perfect choice of song. Just sitting here now sipping some wine, going back - way back - over things ...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2020 at 21:12
I'm all over the place tonight (not drink wise though partly that) playing Zeppelin, then Nirvana, then the Motors and on "Avalon" by Roxy Music now.  No idea what to pop on next.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 00:26
Lol Mel, only catching up now. Well if it's any consolation, I've had Starcrawler, EMF, Yes, Free, dunno what else on. Plus couple episodes of House of Cards on Netflix. Plus my bottle of wine. So I suppose things could be worse..actually by myself here tonight - well, with the dog. Annette over with Bex cos she (Bex) in hospital next day or so for various tests. Not life-threatening stuff or anything, but always a worry ... So, like yourself, not settling to anything. Anyway, wrecked now so hitting the sack very soon ... we'll see where we all are tomorrow ... Night lads...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 00:44
Pogue,

Lovely choice of song. 👏👏❤❤

Pat
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 17:53
I went to the funeral home in Portmarnock this afternoon where Cecil is reposing. Got to meet his sons and some of the rest of the family and a few other Grovers. They are all a lovely bunch. The all said the Grove was very special to Cecil and he loved us all for being part of it. Nice words despite a difficult time for them.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 18:29
Counting the minutes, the hours & the days ...
To Saturday nights at the Grove ...
DJ Cecil up on The Stage ...

R.I.P. DJ Cecil - Go dté tú slán i gconaí!

The Universe is a void full of infinite possibilities

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 19:03
Nice reflection, and nice words there Taylor

And Brian, fair play for calling over to Portmarnock. This one of the few times being so far from Dublin, in lockdown, is a real drag. But cant be helped. Cecil's family seem to be really sound, and very keen that the Grove 'family' are not left out of this major and very sad occasion. A big credit to Cecil also...
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 22:46
Lovely and sincere sentiments lads!  I think Cecil’s family is rightfully proud of the man. The forums and radio show might fall by the wayside but The Grove will remain a part of Dublin history long after we are gone. I can’t think of one other person in today’s society who cemented his name in the minds of so many by simply sharing what he loved and never seeking to make a penny from it.

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 17-November-2020 at 23:09
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2020 at 22:55
On a happier note – I'm not sure if Cecil believed in God or Jesus but know he liked this JC and is most likely swopping records with him right now. 

The applause at the end is for Cecil

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 17-November-2020 at 23:00
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 02:34
Brian, Gerry, Pogue, Taylor.

Lovely sentiments expressed in your posts above.

I got a message from Rob today that says his wife Joanne is going to read out my ode at the memorial today.

Needless to say I am honoured and touched by this gesture.

It will be read with all Cecil's Grove family in mind.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 09:39
Pat, thats brilliant. Well done. Aiming to head down to Dardistown and stand outside. Will post later on it.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 10:33
Thanks Brian.

Let us know how it went.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 12:33
Fair play to you Brian, we will lean on you to represent the rest of us who can't make it - wear your Grove T-shirt. And a great compliment to you Pat from Cecil's family, to read your poem as final words to the great man.
Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 12:56
FYI - A Book of Condolences for Cecil is now online at:

https://rip.ie/cb.php?dn=439344
The Universe is a void full of infinite possibilities
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2020 at 13:07
Nice touch Pat ,,
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>