Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Grove Reunions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the Grove radio show on Near 90.3 fm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2018 at 11:51
pity I was'nt
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2018 at 12:09
I noticed your absence all right Sean - just a work thing I assume, nothing wrong I hope?
One of its legs is both the same
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2018 at 13:22
Thanks for tuning in as always guys. We really appreciate the support. Cecil and Derek were on great form. Will see ye PG on 16th in Abbey Tavern. No show that night btw!
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2018 at 15:24
Cheers Brian. When my dog was walking me earlier, I had a thought, which probably doesn't make any sense: would it be possible to get 2 hours (a shows worth) of music, talk, bits of commentary and interviews, out of the reunion in couple weeks? Mind you, if someone were to do that, it would be work rather than enjoyment for the ! But the end-result might be good?! Anyway, just a thought ...
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2018 at 18:21
Gerry that's a good idea and one we thought about for last year's 50th. Near FM do have equipment for outside recordings. The issue is as you point out - whoever did it would be able to enjoy the night as much. We are getting flyers printed to advertise the show and will be handing them out on the night to raise awareness. Cecil will also give us a plug.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2018 at 09:45
Good stuff Brian, sure see what comes out of it. I was very interested in the way Cecil and Peter selected the songs to be played on Friday - they weren't at all constrained by feeling they had to play songs across a 30-year timeframe (at least I don't think they were), they just played what they reckoned was good music ... Interesting approach!
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2018 at 12:18
That's it Gerry. Cecil and Derek just put a list together and choose as they go along. Rather like the way Cecil used to read the crowd and take the mood up or down depending. It is great to see how he does it and we are still learning from him after all these years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2018 at 12:22
Absolutely, Brian...
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2019 at 23:04
Just to let ye know i posted a link on th FB page for 8 Grove shows for playback. Included are 3 shows wiith Cecil and Derek plus Gerry Daly, Gerry Quinn and the Home Thoughts from Abroad Show suggestion by Lesley Sheedy we did at xmas. All vwry good shows and worth a listen if you missed them or maybe another liaten to enjoy sone great playlists.

www.mixcloud.com/bjtucker/uploads

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2019 at 23:13
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2019 at 16:14
thanks again Brian
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2019 at 10:35
The Grove Show is back this Friday April 19 on Near FM. With the reunion also this weekend, we have Cecil and Derek coming in for some great music and chat. Hope ye can join us. Also prior shows now up in a single link this time for each show. Thanks to Peter Gaynor for ponting me in the right direction.
Www.mixcloud.com/bjtucker
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2019 at 11:59
Ah nuts, am going to miss this show.  Will listen back later if/when ye have it available down the line.  Enjoy the reunion, those of you who are going.  I can't make this one.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2019 at 13:26
Hope to catch the radio show but will also miss the reunion gig - so have a great one all those going to it. I am looking forward to HB night if Mel can pull it off, also a reunion night later in the year hopefully...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2019 at 22:12
Yep.  I haven't forgotten 18th May for a few beers in HBs.  I'll put up a reminder on here and on FB nearer the date, to remind everyone that it's going ahead.  It needed to be done anyway but it eases the pain of missing the easter reunion.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2019 at 08:26
Nice one Mel
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2019 at 10:28
Happy easter to all! Well done Gerry on Friday. I will bring boxset to HBs next month for you.

I posted up the first 90 minutes of Fridays show on mixcloud for playback (just the way thr studio works, I can be 90 mins now or 120 in two weeks). Will post full show in two weeks. As usual Cecil and Dereks playlist was excellent and they were in great form.

I know a few here cannot make tonights reunion, but will be missed for sure. Will see ye next month anyway please god.
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2019 at 10:30
Brian,

Thanks for that and Happy Easter and Grove rocking to you.

Congrats Gerry, great prize.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2019 at 10:33
Thanks very much Brian, and Happy Easter back at ya, and all on here. I am very upset to miss the gig tonight but will be in HB next month and hopefully a second reunion this year. Have a great night.

I was smiling to myself at that competition. Now maybe I am missing something glaringly obvious, but I could find no reference to the "Beatles" anywhere in the AC/DC song. I mean Cecil made it perfectly obvious what the answer was, but that's what took so long...was I thinking of the wrong song, or is there some version of it (other than the studio one) that has such a reference Or some indirect reference to the Beatles??!! I is baffled somewhat ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2019 at 10:38
What was the question and answer?
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>