the Grove radio show on Near 90.3 fm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2019 at 17:05
Howth is a bit of a pain to get to, but most of us "regular" Grovers find a way to get there, no matter where it has been held - Shieling, "The Good Bits"/Radio City, Button Factory, Clontarf Castle, Howth.  Let's be honest - it's (nowadays) ONLY once (maybe twice) a year, so not a major issue if you genuinely want to go.
I'm more concerned about the fact that, if it REALLY is the last one (and I have my doubts, especially if there is a BIG turnout in November), that loads of punters, who have not really made the effort to go to other reunions, will be clamouring to get tickets from the relatively small pool available and some of us regulars may miss out.  That wouldn't be right.

Perhaps we'll hear about tickets on here first to get the word out before the word gets out on Facebook?  Something like that?

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 14:15
No bother Pat, sure we will get our timings sorted out depending on whether or not you want to/can get across for the night, no sweat ...
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 13:39
Hope you Grove radio guys didn't mind me posting re Grove Nov 2019 on this thread.

I didn't know where else to post.

Andy usually posts up about the reunions but I don't see one this time.

Gerry. If you can get me a ticket that would be great. But don't do anything yet as I haven't even decided on whether I'll be home or not. Sincere thanks for the offer.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 13:00
it will be interesting to see how they will address this one,as been the last ever reunion,demand will be high ( in my opinion ),and the Abbey Tavern isn't big enough to meet the demand,unless a 2nd night is added,or a different venue is considered ? I think the Abbey is a great venue,but yes,it is awkward to get home from,but I will be at this reunion,no matter what.
upon us all,a little rain must fall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 11:34
Ah fair enough Brian, Howth is for sure a bit "out there" -literally! - as a venue so prob have an impact as you say. Hopefully us diehards will find a way to get a ticket one way or the other!!! I can look after getting a ticket for Pat if he's def coming - that ok Pat - as logistics from Phillipines might be tricky...

Thanks for that info Brian.   
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 11:28
Gerry that may be an issue with being last one, but hopefully us diehards will all be ok! Abbey tavern holds 200 but i heard capacity restricted to 180 on health and safety grounds. I have noticed however that abbey tavern seems to be less popular and location may be an issue for many. The 50th in Pauls was a big draw as one of the original venues and got 1,000 in iver two nights. Its just my opinion, but I dont think the abbey tavern would get that type of demand. So venue appears to be a critical factor in the demand.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 11:20
Thanks Pat. It would be great if you made that
The date is common knowledge. It was booked last November I believe and Cecil said it there as last saturday that month. I guess at that stage it wasnt intended to be the last one. I went to the easter one this year and unfortunately date and venue led to a low turnout which was a shame.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 11:14
Yeah Pat, the 30th November in the Abbey Tavern are the date and venue announced for the "final" reunion shortly after the last night on Easter Sunday, being freely spoken of, so I don't see any change to that barring some major unforeseen event. Others on here will confirm this date and venue also, I'm sure, when they see your post.

It looks like there wil be an issue - and maybe a big one - around availability of tickets, as, given this may actually really be the "final" reunion, everyone will want to go - so dunno how that will be managed yet....
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2019 at 09:42
I messaged Cecil recently to say hello and that I might make it back for the Grove reunion and asked him the date so I know possible dates to book flights.

It's 30 November in the Abbey Tavern and he said the date and location is common knowledge.

I haven't seen it posted here or on FB.

Are folks aware of the date and venue?

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2019 at 17:48
Pat
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2019 at 15:33
See my post on "Issues Log".

Hopefully this can be sorted.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2019 at 14:57
if I knew how to set one up I would Pat
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2019 at 13:33
This thread should have it's own highlighted Grove Radio Show.

Not hidden under Grove Reunions.

It's lost in here.

Edited by Biker Pat - 21-June-2019 at 13:36

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2019 at 13:23
thanks for the positive feedback lads,its nice to know when you are doing something right
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2019 at 16:32

Yeah - really enjoyed the show last Friday (felt guilty that I was going on about only 1 Lizzy track beforehand).

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2019 at 11:16
Sean.

I've posted on the Grove FB page.

That playlist is one of the best ever played on the show.

What a wonderful eclectic selection of songs.

Every one a gem in their own way.

So sorry I can't tune in.

Rock on Sean.👏👏👏✌✌✌

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2019 at 18:14
Thanks Sean, it was a brilliant show. I like your choices - a hard rocker at heart ! 😋
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2019 at 17:04
last nights Grove radio show playlist posted on the Grove Facebook pages

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2019 at 22:26
Lol Poguey - these days prob have to get his permission to use the photo or something .....
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2019 at 19:50
We had a family reunion a few years back and out of the ten siblings only one brother could not show. We printed and stapled a life-sized head on a stick and moved it from table to table. We included him in all the conversations and got him into all the photos. He had a better time than the rest of us.

Maybe we could do that with Cecil?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>