Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stories from your childhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 169>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 12:44
I remember my 1st holy communion and my sister made my dress only she was into the mini's and make me a mini dress - real 60's looking - I am going to email it to you... mad... your only short of seeing me knickers....  back when I made my communion you wore your dress to the church but you also had a suit to change into... I had a lovely pink tweed suit.... with a riding cap.... LOL sh*te...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 13:06
Originally posted by Sharon Sharon wrote:

Do you remember your 1st kiss....lol...hmm maybe i should keep that for another topic...lol

Shar

Yeah I do - a french fella called Patrice.... the dirty little fecker shoved his tongue down my neck....I was all of 12... nearly died.  Went off to Kilkenny the next day for the summer... and that's where I met Michael Morrisey - my first real boyfriend and guess what we went out for about 3 years for every summer holiday and we never kissed apart from a peck on the cheek..... as pure as the driven snow I am.....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 13:29
Sharon  you lived around on the Ave.... We use catch the bees up in Rockfield park. Do you remember Rockfield before they cleaned it up the wall going accross it. And then when they cleaned and tidyed it up the lads use to put up a swing in the trees beside the tennis club.
Here is another did anyone join either of the summer project I think Elbow was the POSH one in beaumont and Mix-it in Donnycarney the mad lads one

Edited by Black Russian
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 14:18

Elbow definatly was'nt posh can vouch for that.

First kiss boyfriend Mick Nangle local club song Rolling Stones Daddy You're A Fool To Cry

Still remember it now

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 17:53
Ah it was unlike Donnycarney Mix-it some little boyo's down there... 
No offense to anyone from Donnycarney. Don't want to be accused of dscrimminating against them like the boys from Coolock with their Lawnmower

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:12

Remember having sale of works in your garden and selling all the broken and rubbish toys you owned and beano and wizard and chips comics and claiming the money was going to charity .....but then running off to the shops and buying a bag of tayto crisps for 4p and a bar of cadburys chocolate for 8p...ahhhhh those were the good ol days!!!

You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:18

I do remember that - laying all the toys out on the steps... feeling great.  We used to go around the houses and say - "got anything for a sale of work"... ah that was great.

Why did we have to grow up. (No comments from the peanut gallery)

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 19:44

Originally posted by Bluebell Bluebell wrote:

.....but then running off to the shops and buying a bag of tayto crisps for 4p

Jeez Bluebell ya must be a right young one altogether. When we did that the Tayto were 2 1/2 d. ( i.e. Two and a half old pence )

T, hear what you're saying about never growing up.

Peter Pan.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 20:05
Never said that Rolo What are you saying??? I'm a mature human being... I think
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 04:02
Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

Sharon  you lived around on the Ave.... We use catch the bees up in Rockfield park. Do you remember Rockfield before they cleaned it up the wall going accross it. And then when they cleaned and tidyed it up the lads use to put up a swing in the trees beside the tennis club.
Here is another did anyone join either of the summer project I think Elbow was the POSH one in beaumont and Mix-it in Donnycarney the mad lads one

Sorry to anyone who tried to read this post earlier the grammer and spelling was woeful. Reading it today it sounded like an uneducated drunk wrote it

Oh sale of works on in the Garden do I remember that.... No I never done that. I still have some of my old toys. My Action man jeep Helicopter.... Oh my Lego... Always wanted a BMX bike but was never allowed to get one. Took one of a skip there a few months back in great condition during the summer I am going to clean it up and fix it for my son.... I know I am a cheap skate

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 04:45
Anyone remember playing Kerbs with a football... 10 points for hitting the kerb over a passing car.... Softlad remember the competition we all had outside your house  Those were the days... Now people are getting their drive way paved and getting rid of the kerbs. My son hasn't played kerbs and probably never will... Thats what I might do at the weekend with him find a kerb and show him...
A Playstaion game of Kerbs hmm  now theres an idea

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:00

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

Lol@elbow yeah I went to the elbeau(spell)(I think) one in my youth...lol

I recall when there were no houses behind Elmmount Ave it was all fields that belonged to the School then they built the rest of elmmount we could see cows in the field behind our house and the lads working the fields

When we were young my parents use to threaten us if we were bold we would be sent to artane school for the bold children it worked ffs i recall a day she held a letter up saying it was from the school and she only had to reply to it to get us taken away....lol

Funny how it worked i use the same tatics on my little one only i say I'll send you to Mrs Fox's god knows where i found that name but she thinks its where bold children go and it works!

I can look out my Mums window and see rockfield park,I never hung around there mind but my younger sister did by the trees with the swings

Shar

All I wanted was chips!!
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:10

Pleased to say kerbs is still alive and well in Larkhill. My sister lives there and all the kids play it out on the road.

They do seem to have a different scoring system to us

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:13
I couldn't think of the correct spelling of it ,Elbeau but it was spelt something like that. Which end of the Ave were you on Whitehall end or Donnycarney... Know a few people from around there... I am around on the road still... 

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:32

I was in the middle so i could claim Donnycarney or Beaumont end whenever it suited me...lol

I wonder do we know each other where u ever involved in scouting?

Shar

All I wanted was chips!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:43
No I wasn't but I think I have an idea who you are second name begins with G ??? 

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:44
No Peter it doesnt...lol wonders which Sharon Peter knows from Elmmount Ave....lol
All I wanted was chips!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:48
I don't know her... But do you know who I am referring to ???

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:53

Yes I think i do know who you are talking about..lol

She just had a baby a few weeks back I believe i lived further up than that sharon..lol

All I wanted was chips!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 07:55
Blonde hair good looking there was three sisters one older and a younger one... Don't know which ones of the sisters I fancied lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 169>