Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stories from your childhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 169>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 03:49
What about spin the bottle and truth or dare ?????????
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 13:38
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

What about spin the bottle and truth or dare ?????????

Elaborate please.......the old memory is fading.......what was truth?
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 18:11

how about "kiss chasing"

I remember playing that in primary school

Ah those were the days...lol

Shar

No i didnt do the chasing...hehe

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 18:51
Yeah with no tonguers......Big smile......
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2006 at 14:35

Old TV programmes.

Get Smart
The Monkees
Green Acres
Mission Impossible
The Virginian
The Fugitive
The Riordan's
I Dream Of Jeanie
Hollywood Hillbillies
The Man From Uncle

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2006 at 15:24

Best of the lot...................

Alias Smith and Jones aka Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry.Remember as the Sheriff's posse appeared aroud the corner...............

" One Thing we gotta get, Hayes "

" What's that ?"

" Outta this business "

Rolo.

aungier View Drop Down
72-78

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aungier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2006 at 17:41

Rusty and Rin Tin Tin

Daniel Boone

Boots and Saddles

Get Smart

There was also one I hated with cavalry, it was a comedy, I cannot remember the name now, anybody out there remember it

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2006 at 17:46
Originally posted by aungier aungier wrote:

Rusty and Rin Tin Tin

Daniel Boone

Boots and Saddles

Get Smart

There was also one I hated with cavalry, it was a comedy, I cannot remember the name now, anybody out there remember it

F Troop ?.

And what about "The Lone Ranger".

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2006 at 17:49
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Yeah with no tonguers......Big smile......

With no what

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:36
Do you remember making daisy chains or blowing the ginny joes (dont you dare say anything dirty)  Remember Ginny Joe, Ginny Joe bring me back a golden egg.  Then holding the butter cups under your chin and if it reflected it proved you liked butter....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:49

God that really takes me back we used to say "Ginny Joe Ginny Joe fly  away and bring me back an egg another day "

We would hold dandelions under chins and if it reflects it meant you wet the bed !!!!!

Blondie
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:50
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Do you remember making daisy chains or blowing the ginny joes (dont you dare say anything dirty)  Remember Ginny Joe, Ginny Joe bring me back a golden egg.  Then holding the butter cups under your chin and if it reflected it proved you liked butter....

Were they "Piss in the beds"....
What about catching bees in a Chivers Jam Jars full of those honeys flowers and seeing how long they survived for...
Knickknacks on your neighbours door.
And on TV during the summer months  watching "Why Don't You" who can remember the tune to that
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:52
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Originally posted by aungier aungier wrote:

Rusty and Rin Tin Tin

Daniel Boone

Boots and Saddles

Get Smart

F Troop ?.

And what about "The Lone Ranger".

What about "Champion the Wonder Horse and the Black and White version of Flash Gordan
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 10:55

Yes to Why Dont You and Champion the Wonder Horse but no to Flash Gordon.

Wot about Josie and the Pussycats a rock band in space

Catching bees yes knickknacks yes also rounders squares and kick the can my personnal favourite

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 11:37

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

[QUOTE=eejit91]And on TV during the summer months  watching "Why Don't You"

Was that "Why Don't You.............................turn off the Television and go and do something more interesting instead ? " or something like that.

Yeah remember that,also remember a Black and White Zorro, with a fat Sgt. Garcia who was always chasing him but never caught him. Used be on Saturday morning, same as Champion The Wonder Horse.

Rolo.

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 11:37

Remember tapping the phone and calling a number for free I wonder would that still work now..lol and when u got through the jokes uld play on the people like looking for the walls and they saying no walls here and uld say well get out then ur house will fall down..lol thought that was so funny then

I remember catching bees in the jars and going up to were montrose is now at back of the church and collecting frog spawns and one day i fell in the river and having to walk all the way down Elmmount Ave soaking and smelly and then my mother giving out yards and grounding me for probably a week but it felt like ages..lol

Remember ur 1st skateboard i begged my mam and dad for 1 and they wouldnt get me one then my older sis got me 1 for xmas i was only one around that had a skateboard and the boys next door use to rob it on me all the time  grr

Do you remember when the local area would have a sports week and would have a fancy dress parade around the area jeez i cringe now thinking back on things i dressed up as..lol

And at christmas time going carol singing around the area and in those days young kids were allowed out late jeez ild not let any kids go out by themselves now theyld need to be supervised same as at halloween weld be out by ourselves going all over the place asking "help the halloween party" did any1 ever have a party in those days....lol

I recall when i made my 1st holy communion and getting loads of 50 pence pieces that were out that year to celebrate Ireland joining the EEC think i was done very few £1 notes in my bag..lol then again i had enough to buy a bike from my money jeez I bought a 2nd hand Reileigh bike painted green and white to this day my Dad still sl*gs me over it saying i had choice of bikes in Sean Duffs and I picked a 2ndhand bike that was way too big for me instead of a new bike, kids once they get things into their heads its hard to change them...lol

Do you remember your 1st kiss....lol...hmm maybe i should keep that for another topic...lol

Shar

All I wanted was chips!!
Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 11:44
Gas that ginny joe saying reminds me of what weld say when it started to rain  "rain rain go away come back another day"
All I wanted was chips!!
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 11:45

What about the slingshots you used make from a bit of four by two, a load of elastic bands and clothes pegs. Remember you'd attach the elastic band to the metal hinge in the clothes peg which you'd earlier removed.

This was then inserted into another peg which was secured to one end of your bit of wood and the elastic stretched over the other end.

To fire , you just pressed on the peg and the tension on the elastic did the rest. You knew all about it if one hit ya.

Rolo.

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 11:54

Rolo

I remember them well

I was a bit of a tomboy when growing up...lol

What about your matchbox cars........Do they still do them?

All I wanted was chips!!
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2006 at 12:32
Originally posted by Sharon Sharon wrote:

Remember tapping the phone and calling a number for free I wonder would that still work now..lol

We used to tap the phone in St. Annes.  Gosh when I think we used to hang around that phone and the auld fellas would piss in it at night... yuck... 

Do you remember drawing with chalk on the footpath... ahhhh

We used to love when it would get foggy out - probably smog really now that we know better... all so exciting back then.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 169>