Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garden Lovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garden Lovers
    Posted: 21-June-2007 at 15:26
Hi all of you fellow garden lovers! Seems to be some interest in sharing ideas/problems etc.. I'm not an expert but really do enjoy being in the garden and would love to hear what everyone else is doing
Sponsored Links

Caroloz View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 15:42
Good onya Grainne! I'll keep an eye...different plants, different weather and different season over here but we can post pictures of our places for others to see..what do you reckon? that pic of your water feature is lovely
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 15:57
I'll take a photo of the lovely swimming pool I have in my back garden today........from all that bloody rain 
I think this is gonna be a good thread
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:09

Ok I'll put the first pics up so we can compare and contrast gardens around the world. We laid that "pour on" limestone last summer and got rid of the patio pavers so no more weeds coming through.

Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:11

Cobbles and stones...couldn't "limestone" over this cos we have a soak well under it and need access

Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:13

Looking across the pool toward the house

Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:16

Planted a herb garden when we did the Limestone and it is now lush and lovely..this was it when it was newly planted

and my vegetable garden (not in view anywhere) has since taken off too. I am aiming for "the good life"...remember that TV show? No chickens or goats though!

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:17
Yeah Carol, but are you Barbara or Margo ????????
Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:19
Barbara of Course!!!! with Margo's taste in wine!
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:22
Ok fellow Irish garden lovers that's the zac same as the gardens here isn't it?????????
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:23
Carol - Finn was just looking over my shoulder at the photos and wants to know when He can go to your place for holidays!
Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:25
hahaha Grainne...anytime!
Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:27
Did I tell you grainne I put in lemon, lime and mandarin trees a while ago. Its the season now and everyones are dripping in fruit ...except mine :( Ferg says they are shocked from being planted out....I hope he's right and next year they too will be dripping.
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:28

Finn says - Hi Carol, Can't wait to do a big canonball in your pool.

Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 16:58

Great Thread. I'll be in here a lot!

Carol, Your garden looks fabulous. So tropical! I could see myself there sipping a cocktail  and soaking up some sun .

No chance of me posting a photo of mine until I've done some serious weeding.

So you may get to see a photo in a year or two. In the meantime I'll see if I can dig up some photos of my last "project".

Looking forward to seeing photos of everyone's plot!

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 17:56

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z307/grainne_witch/garden path.jpg

I thought I was posting a picture!!!! Will keep trying!!

Edited by grainne_witch
Caroloz View Drop Down
77- 80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 18:01
Grainne you have to click on the little tree square to add your picture when you are posting a message here..type your message...click on the tree thing and add the URL of your picture from photobucket and it'll work
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 18:17
trying again!!!
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 18:19

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 20:30

You did it! Wow-thats your garden? Beautiful.

You might know of fellow Grove-Siter MurfV...he lives in Carlow on the Knockanna Road? (And my boss lives on Pollerton Road!)

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>