Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do if....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would you do if....
    Posted: 23-February-2007 at 21:13

Hiya,

Just thought this would be a cool topic to start.

Ever been in really awkward situations and didn't know what to do and which way to react? Tell us your stories!

I'll start it off so...

Years ago when I was studying acting in Trinity I was playing the lead in one of the productions and my male lead had really pungent pukey smelly (got the idea yet) bad breath! Well, as you can imagine I had to spend hours with him really close to each other rehearsing scenes and worst of all there was some kissing involved. It was sooo bad that when he was talking i literally had to hold my breath because his breath was so bad it was making me want to gag. When i could see inside his mouth he had brownish stuff in between his teeth! Yikes!

Well, i was going mad wondering what to do, should i tell him and risk getting him morto and hateing me or do i go on suffering and let him kill people with his breath for the rest of his life. And I was also thinking that it would probably kill off any chances of a good relationship for him.

So after feckin' hours and days of worrying about how to approach the subject I plucked up the courage and told him and I also told him that there was tablets you could get from the doc to help the smell and also that he could get his plaque removed from his teeth that would help.

He was morto, but after he had gotten over that he thanked me for being so genuine and a "Real" friend to him. He got sorted with tabs and got his teeth looked at and the prob went away.

I was nearly sick with the thought of telling him though . But i would have been physically sick getting off with him onstage everynight     

Well c'mon, anyone else got a story like that?     

Never Again on a school night! Famous last words
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2007 at 21:38

I had a girl working for me once and she had a terrible "Peggy Dell" off her.  Dirty hoochie cootchie thing, it was terrible and my boss who was a guy was dying when he would go near her.  The terrible thing was she sat beside me and I was in bits thinking someone would think it was me...lol laughing here thinking about it.  One day my boss was trying to hang a picture in his office and it would not work for him! All of a sudden your one comes in and says "I'll do that for you" and hops up on the chair right in front of his face!!!! I was on the floor laughing as if you seen his face... Oh Holy God........

I never could tell her! How do you tell someone that.  I put it into the hands of our HR girl..... Dreadfull thing really.

Dirty wagon!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2007 at 21:41
ah yuck!
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 00:08

I remember meeting a girl from Coolock one night at the Grove (was about 16) and after a couple of weeks I was invited for Sunday tea to meet the mammy. So,very nervous,off I went and after sitting in the front room for what seemed like ages,her older (much older) sister came in to say hello. So me the eejit stood up,shook her hand and said 'Hello Mrs Whelan,pleased to meet you'.

She was mortified,then her real mammy came in and the sister said 'he thought I was you!' and I really just wanted to dive out the window.

Needless to say,that particular blossoming didn't last long...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 00:36

ah Martin thats a classic

When myself and Brendan moved into our house five years ago (we weren't married then) a salesman came to the door. I opened it and the man asked me was my dad in.... me loving that said "Yes" and went and got Brendan!!! Love telling that story!

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 10:31

Ever get in a lift after a BO person has been in it. Then the lift stops and you get out but someone else is getting in and you think, they'll think, you're the one with the BO
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 13:32
Seriously though if you had a friend who had an issue like that would you be able to tell them! Personally if it were me I would want someone to say something but then I am not sure if I could be the one to do the telling myself!!!!!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 14:02
Okay hands up here...

when someone is talking to you and they have a big boggie stuck in their nose mesmorising you as it flaps away in the wind.....

who has had the guts to tell the said aquaintance...

" Look, would u like to borrow a tissue "...

or something to that effect ?????

Mins
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 16:58
Me personally... I would like to be told about something like that! You'd be feckin' morto for a while but relieved someone told you etc.   
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 17:15

Not so much a faux pa by myself but a story from my wedding day. My mum and sister are quite alike, but there is a thirty year gap. I was talking with the pair of them on the day, when I introduced a work colleague to them both. She obviously did not listen to the introductions and promply asked if they were sisters ! Well I can tell you my sister is senstitive at the best of times, but is still living that one down.......

Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
BakerBabe View Drop Down
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster
84/88 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BakerBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 17:16

Star/Teresa - Yuck Yuck - Good stories though - I worked with a girl in a cake shop years ago and my did she smell of BO and think rim around her neck ! She was vile - so after a couple of weeks I told my chargehand that she stunk and could she have a word with her etc etc - my chargehand freaked at me as it was her younger sister !  Eventually the boss (who was a rather old lady) brought in a bottle of impulse and just handed it to the girl and said that she smelled and to spray herself and to have a good wash when she went home.  The girl never came back after that.  But she was really smelly. 

A womans place is on the Phone......
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 17:40

I told a friend once that she had something stuck in her teeth and she was all pissed off with me.  Still can't understand that to this day.  What, would you rather walk around with a big black thing stuck to your tooth all day!

Yes If I was talking to someone and they had a bugger hanging from their nose I would discreetly point and say your nose!

What about if you’re talking to someone and they have a big black head on their lip and all you can think of is!!! (LOL) if I could just get my hands on that thing.  I worked with a lovely girl here and she was so self conscious and clean but she walked around with one of them on her lip, it was like a planet... feck sake how can you not know what that is.

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
87-92 (I think)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2007 at 22:24
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Ever get in a lift after a BO person has been in it. Then the lift stops and you get out but someone else is getting in and you think, they'll think, you're the one with the BO
At the vibe for Philo in 2006 someone around me was farting big smelly stinkers - I mean really really bad. I have no idea who it was but several people gave me cringing looks!
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2007 at 09:28
ugh! Hate when that sorta thing happens on a packed train as well, Killian, there's no escape!  
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2007 at 12:03
Ohhhh.....I just been reading this thread while eating my breakfast.....feel really sick now 
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Mins View Drop Down
1984-1987

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2007 at 13:06
There are two things that get right up my goat and they are...

People who donīt wash..if I wash I expect everyone else to..fullstop. No use spraying an aerosol over the meef, the result is a Category A offence to the senses.

Parents who donīt take responsibilty with the whole headlice issue.

Both in Ireland and here I have encountered Mothers who keep the " big secret " to themselves and tell you weeks later that their angel HAD lice instead of what they should do.." blah has lice NOW, got it under control Mins, but check yer kids hair "....

That is all it takes ...drives me LOONEY.

I have 2 girls with " figure of 8 " Grove hair down to the backside and it is a nightmare at times.

Needless to say I tie their hairs back for that very reason and get really fed up when I see other manes left loose during school hours.

It is really NOT rocket science the whole thing.

Mins

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2007 at 20:53

I once asked a girl to dance at the Grove who I was sure her name was Janet.

I approached and and quietly confidently asked 'Janet-would you like a dance with me?'

You know what's coming-she turned round and said 'I would if you got my name right'

Right girl,wrong name. Oops. I ran.My loss.

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2007 at 23:39

Anyone ever send an email about someone to THEM by mistake????

I had a mate in work that did.. doh.. she wasn't very popular with that person after that

rosalie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
78-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2007 at 23:03

how about this for embarrassment..,i was at an ex work mates wedding afters do..,arrived late as ever and as i approached the hotel there was a bunch of people having their fag break outiside,now,as i hadnt seen my mate in a while and it was a shotgun wedding,she was 7 months pregnant, i saw who i thought was her standing with a gang of people and promptly went up and gave her a big hug and put my hand on her belly and gave it a nice rub and overall examination and said "how are you and how is little baba?" she looked at me with shock an disgust  and said "who the f**k are you?" ... turns out it was her older sister and the spit of her...and er..a few too many beers..very cringable and havent been able to show my face near the family home ever since..poor girl..,that was the fastest exit to the bar i ever made!!

i arise today through the strength of heaven,light of the sun,radiance of the moon,splendour of fire,speed of lightening,swiftness of wind,depth of sea,stability of earth,firmness of rock.
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2007 at 23:14
Ouch!   Welcome to the site by the way Rosalie!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>