Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > The Grove Documentary Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Grove Doc for 2017 repeat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Grove Doc for 2017 repeat
    Posted: 31-March-2017 at 13:15
I have emailed a contact I was given in RTE suggesting to them to re-show the Grove documentary again for the 50th anniversary. I actually suggested maybe showing both the Doc and the 32A movie... I also suggested they put the Doc up to the Ondemand service.

I will keep you all posted if I hear anything...

I am not willing to share the person email address but if some people emailed RTE directly it might help ?
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Sponsored Links

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2017 at 15:47
Well done Peter .
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2017 at 00:50
Good Lad Peter...Pat will buy you and all your friends free drinks at the next reunionThumbs Up
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2017 at 01:59
Originally posted by Pogue Mahoney Pogue Mahoney wrote:

Good Lad Peter...Pat will buy you and all your friends free drinks at the next reunionThumbs Up

Will you be there Sean ? .
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2017 at 12:20
I can't see myself making it Frank. As much as I would love to attend and get free drinks from Pat I can never plan anything ahead of time due to work. By the time I'd make a decision all of the tickets would be gone and the bouncers wouldn't let me in...which wouldn't be much different than 50 years agoSmile
How about yourself?

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 02-April-2017 at 12:22
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2017 at 16:07
Pogue, you'd make an old pensioner buy you drinks, whatever happened to care for the elderly Smile
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2017 at 16:51
I plan on spending all of my pension on drink.Pig
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2017 at 22:45
Fair play to ya Peter! Thumbs Up  Hope they go for it!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2019 at 14:12

I would like to extend a sincere public Thank You! to our comrade and forum family member Pádraigh Gluaisrother (AKA: Biker Pat) for going far and beyond any call of duty. A one-of-a-kind copy of the “More Than a Feeling” Grove video arrived on my doorstep in Cleveland, via the Philippines, front cover emblazoned with artwork by Derek Farrell (an old friend). The program took me straight back to Mount Prospect and had me in floods of tears long before Cecil broke down on the stage of Saint Paul’s.

I hope Pat doesn’t mind me broadcasting thank yous on the internet but I wanted to let all Grovers know and be proud that we have such a magnanimous member in our midst (…and if anyone else wants a copy I know exactly where they can get one-HAH!)

Now I have to go and swipe John Fogerty’s guitar in order to repay the debt.

Thanks Pat, I will treasure it forever.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2019 at 15:00
Pogue,

Thank you for those kind words.

Am just very happy I was able to oblige.👍📀📀📀

Edited by Biker Pat - 26-May-2019 at 15:02

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2019 at 17:52
Jaysus lads - brilliant stuff.

Ahem ... I am hopefully hoping (note - as opposed to hopelessly hoping!) to find copies of both The Grove DVD, and the 32A film - for which my mate, Gerry Leonard (Pogue you will remember him from Tiny Desks with Suzanne Vega) wrote much if not all of the original music - in my postbox at a date not too distant in time from here ...

That is all ...
One of its legs is both the same
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2019 at 18:04
Gerry- I am already bootlegging mine. Gather your mates together, send me 20 bucks and i'll have a bunch of copies to you in no time at all. 

Nah!---I'm not letting anyone near my copy. It's going straight into the safe.

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 26-May-2019 at 18:06
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2019 at 18:20
Lol, don't blame you Poguey - seeing as you mention it, when we were out for our civilised Grove drinkies Saturday week last (I swear I musta had 12 pints - last outta the pub as usual) ahem ... anyway, as I was saying - I asked Cecil about the famous "running out of the hall" bit on the video. He confirmed it was genuine, of course, but said his initial reaction was to say to the guys filming it, under no circumstances was that piece to be allowed into the programme. However they talked him around by saying it would show the "human" side of the whole thing, and his genuine, unforced emotional reaction to having it all brought back to him (something like that, my words not an exact quote from Cecil), and so he agreed to its inclusion. I should say, before I was ever involved in this website and all things Grove, someone had said something to me at the time about the programme being on, and I did see a good bit of it in the night - including the piece discussed above. To me it was the "money shot" of the whole show - not designed in that way deliberately of course, but I think the producer (or whoever decides these things) was dead right to show that piece - honest, raw emotion, and it displayed perfectly the hold the Grove experience had on Cecil and by extension all those Grovers who went along over all the years of its existence and had their minds bent in the right way by the whole experience ..
One of its legs is both the same
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:12
Hi Pogue will I post that 20 bucks or did you say put it in your bank accountOuch
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:14
RR what will it be like at the last grove night Unhappy
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:26
Joey-I'd hate to put you to the trouble. Just send me your bank details: Full name and address, Account and Routing numbers along with your secret Pin and I can withdraw the cash from your account.Wink

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:30
Just PM the details there to ya ,,looking forward to my CD Approve great idea to advertise it on Donedeal  
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:47
Thanks Joey-it's in the mail....coming straight from Nigeria

RR--I checked out the Suzanne Vega, Tiny Desk thing again and enjoyed it much more knowing you are a friend of Gerry. Brilliant musician!

I read some of the viewer comments on the performance and this one stood out:
–"I had a chance to see these two up close and the evening was incredible. Gerry Leonard created an amazing sonic environment that let Suzanne Vega reveal her lyrics and songs in a authentic, relaxed and dramatically riveting manner. One of the best performances I've seen."

and another:
"Holy sh*te, Gerry Leonard. Super talent to back you up. Probably one of the best overall producer/player in the biz. The amazing glue behind Bowie's tours. He has a talent for getting huge sound and layering on stage that is nothing short of miraculous."

I have not seen 32A yet. It doesn't seem to be available over in this part of the world but will get it eventually.
Ahem...Pat?LOL

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 27-May-2019 at 10:58
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 10:53
Pogue,

Unfortunately can't help out on this one.

I haven't even seen 32A myself.

My best or worst memory, depending on how you look at it, of a 32A was being f**ked off because I didn't have enough dosh. Even pleading that my uncle was a bus conductor made no difference.

Edited by Biker Pat - 27-May-2019 at 13:32

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2019 at 11:04
Thanks Pat  HAR!
The old' "My uncle is a bus conductor" line never worked for me either. I was sixteen before I broke the habit of hunching down to make myself look like a five year old.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>