Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Songs from The Grove
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite Grove Song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 04:16
Sponsored Links

monarch View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 09:54
Pogue never heard that version,

love a bit of jazz.This is the

way I remember that song.

"Everybody Talking" - Nilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE

That was from the Movie "Midnight Cowboy"

always loved 'The Theme' from that Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBpqo4qYvfA&feature=related

Edited by monarch - 24-September-2011 at 10:03
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 15:50
Us & Them...Pink Floyd
GG
Chris Rooney View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2011 at 20:44
There are certain songs which immediately bring you back to The Grove, far too many to list but Hazel's O'Connor's Will You is a Grove classic, a great lurch-along-song!
Lovely cushioned header, for Gerrard!!!! Oooooooooooh you beauty! What a hit son, what a hit!!!!
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2015 at 20:43
This was  a Cecil classic in my day:
Stealers Wheel

OK I take it back...that song was released in 1972...long after my Grove Days...but I bet it was a Cecil classic.Thumbs Up

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 25-July-2015 at 20:48
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2015 at 14:01
Love that Stealers Wheel track. Nice one. Thumbs Up
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2018 at 23:49
Well hello there! I am a relatively old "groovy grover", my golden years were c. 1971 to 1974 (age 16 to 19), but really by end-1973 I felt I'd had the best of it. But what a few years "it" represented! Coming of age in so many things - mainly them mysterious things called "girls" ... we were knacker drinking in the park before it was called knacker drinking ... and lots of other stuff! Have been aware of this forum for a while but just decided to jump in now - maybe the arrival of my second adolescence! Or something ... Anyway, my favourite song in the Grove was Starman, David Bowie's classic from the Ziggy years. Will be back...
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 00:36
I was there around the same time circa 67' - 72 .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 00:41
Cool. I remember seeing a couple of live bands there back in the day - Blueshouse for sure (twice I think), maybe Elmer Fudd or The Urge as well - around 1971 ? Happy days! Few of us from St Anne's, just the other side of the park - long hair ,"hippies" we fancied ourselves as!!! Great fun, thought we knew it all of course, sure we were harmless God help us
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 00:46
Did you know Dave Cranston or Dayo as his moniker is on this site .

He was from your part of the world ,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 00:53
He lived about 6 houses down from me on All Saints Road, where I lived! He was a bit older than me so didn't hang out with him or anything. I'm Gerry Daly, just on a whim started looking up the site tonight and thought I'd join in. Think I'm going to enjoy it, big nostalgia kick lol!!
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 01:08
Dave checks in here every now and then .

I'll be sure to let him know that you are here .

By the way let me be the first to welcome you to the site .

Edited by monarch - 03-May-2018 at 01:10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 07:04
Cheers monarch, thank you very much. I'll be checking in and out on a regular enough basis.
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 19:42
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 20:07
Ahhh...Remember on Wednesdays when Cecil let us bring our skipping ropes to the Old Grove

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 20:29
Are you serious PM?!! I don't remember that (71-74), but then most nights I was skipping away all right - in my head lol!!!
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 22:36
I exaggerated that a little Raheny just as an excuse to post the skipping video. I was the only one that  brought my skipping rope but kept it in my pocket. Cecil knew nothing about it.

{:>o#        <----- I was a Grovie between '68 and '71 and  looked a bit like shaggy back then

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 23:15
That is hilarious PM, I hadn't actually looked at the link before posting my last msge. Mind you, Cecil might have let us have a bit of a go early in the night (album time) just to see what happened. But then again, he might not lol ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234