Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 14:36
On the dream theme I still experience strange happenings.

Early this morning before I woke up I was dreaming I was driving my mother to Galway to meet a solicitor named Daly. People in some small town, faces clearly visible although I don't know them from Adam directed us to a house. I needed a pee but the place was a sh*thole. Then I realised I needed to be back in Dublin for a medical appointment in an hour and knew I'd never make it so panic.....I woke up and damned if I know the connections to all this except my mother was from Galway.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 15:18
Lol Pat, well my surname is Daly and I work in a part-time capacity, regularly, with solicitors, barristers, Senior Counsel - but you prob didn't know any of that.

You prob wanted to take a pee in real-life in your sleep. Often I have bits of dreams including needing to take a pee, wake up and straight to the jacks...

The most recent dream of note for me,I only remember one bit of it ... I was walking along somewhere, next thing I saw my mam coming towards me, smiling. My mam died in 2003 RIP, but she often turns up in dreams. The difference this time was that I knew I was dreaming in the dream (if you get what I mean). So I thought to myself (in the dream): "I must quickly ask my mam to keep an eye on all of us in the family, look after us etc, cos she'll vanish out of the dream real quick." So I said something to her along those lines, she didn't reply or anything, just starting getting kinda smaller and then vanished off. Strange or what. Now that all sounds like a really emotional, dramatic kind of a dream but it didn't feel that way at all, it was all very matter-of-fact, I wasnt upset or emotional in any way when I woke up, just kinda amused that I'd had one of those dreams where you know you're dreaming ...

The whole thing about dreams is absolutely fascinating
One of its legs is both the same
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 19:44
I have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I can only have really short dreams now Stern Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 20:12
Lol Pogue, all plot and no substance ... Prob best that way
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 16:42
Living the dream
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 17:01
joey
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 02:01
Don't have me tell my _"Last night I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow..." joke.

I have had the same recurring dream since I was a teenager. Geographically the scene changes to different towns but the subject is always the same...I am being hunted through a large mansion-type, multi storied home without floors or ceilings. Sometimes I am being chased by a gang of skinheads and sometimes there is no  villain at all. I am lost and trying to escape by clinging to walls and walking along narrow ledges.

I blame my mother

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 09:17
Hmmm Pogue, I've had similar ... Straight-up anxiety dreams I reckon, like the falling ones etc ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 10:39
I was on anti-depressants for a while a few years back and I had all kinds of dreams and nightmares.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 10:58
I'd say that's a normal enough effect ok Pat. Dreamt about being on a cruise ship this morning just before I woke. Course it wasn't like a cruise ship in any way - like being on a sunny patch of dry land, in a kinda public square like in Spain or wherever! Course the dream was so completely muddled I couldn't even begin to describe any of it!
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 11:16
I forgot to mention that I'm not always asleep when I have the above dream and sometimes it involves Claudia Schiffer begging me to snort blizzards of cocaine off her bare backside. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 12:05
Lol Poguey

I've since remembered a small other detail of my dream this morning ... A bit disjointed but ... I was going to be joining a band sometime after coming home from this cruise I was on. I was listening to a song that I thought might be suitable for this band (no idea what the song was, seemed to be a disco kind of sound!). Anyway, one of the female staff members on the ship was listening to this song with me, we were getting on real well and then she said to me ...that's one of those "head" songs isn't it? In the dream I sez yeah it is but I'm also not sure what a "head" song is, but I have an idea what it might be!!! So I said to her: "Those head songs, they are actually about blow-jobs, aren't they?" So she says "Yes, they are", but she gets real kinda offended then and shags off, and doesn't really talk to me for the rest of the dream! Just like so often in real-life, when things going well with a member of the opposite sex, I'd say or do something, which to me seemed amusing or cool, but would totally turn them off me ... Sigh ...
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 12:28
Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.     
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 12:38
HAH!  hence the old expression -"You could f*@k up a wet dream"

I was out to dinner with my wife and her mother once and I turned to the mother in law and said–"Both you and your shagging daughter have made my life a living hell since the first day I laid eyes on the pair of you"... and what I meant to say was – "Could you pass the pepper please."

old Freudian slip joke Pig 
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 12:55
I'm relating (not a dream)...I had a really bad experience of saying the wrong thing once. I was home for a holiday and sitting at a bar near Christchurch Cathedral with my brother. The crowd was milling around and squeezing between us trying to get the barman's attention (I didn't notice that most were young women) so turned around and shouted loudly.  – "Form a line Please!, there's enough here for everyone!"
This girl came up to me and said " Who the f*** do you think you are? You think you are good lookin'? Well your not...there's nobody here who would touch you with a ten foot f*#king barge pole"....then ranted on for what seemed like ten minutes. It took me a minute to realize what was going on so I just sat there silently taking it all. After she walked away my brother sniggered and said –"You handled that very well Sean" Not sure if he misunderstood me as well?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 13:24
Jaysis Poguey, not nice - definitely worse than a bad dream. There's really nothing you could say in a situation like that, just let the other person rant on then they hopefully f**k off out of the place. Clearly this was her serious problem, whatever it was, and really didn't have anything to do with you...

Joey, I like that little saying, it's very true...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456