The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Songs from The Grove
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bands/Artists you don't rate but others do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2022 at 14:50
Sponsored Links

Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2022 at 20:11
I never liked Jackson Brown but love this song- He wrote it when he was 16

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2022 at 10:40
I bloody love Jackson Browne - have about 7-8 of his albums.

Tom Waits, I didn't get for years, but a friend recommended that I buy "The Heart of Saturday Night" and I do kinda get the hype now.  That said, I haven't rushed out to buy his other albums yet.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2022 at 13:41
There's a newish girl singer coming up- Sinead O'brien, has a small band. From Limerick, living in London I think. I've heard some of her stuff and really liked it, worth checking out.
One of its legs is both the same
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2022 at 14:30
Sinead O'Brien supported Duran Duran in St. Annes last sunday. Pretty good I would say. I also saw her on Jools Holland a few weeks ago. The other support was Goldfrapp!
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2022 at 15:21
Saw Duran Duran at EP a few years ago. Good performance but I just got this impression they were phoning it in a bit. Maybe it was just me...
One of its legs is both the same
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2022 at 16:54
Originally posted by Vinyl Junkie Vinyl Junkie wrote:

I bloody love Jackson Browne - have about 7-8 of his albums.

Tom Waits, I didn't get for years, but a friend recommended that I buy "The Heart of Saturday Night" and I do kinda get the hype now.  That said, I haven't rushed out to buy his other albums yet.

Tom has more bad songs than good but his good ones more than make up for the bad - being married to an Irish poet he hangs out in Dublin a bit. He said in one interview that he loves Dublin because he's free to walk the streets without people bothering him. He says the Irish are just laid back and not impressed by celebrity... personally I think it's because he looks like a knacker and most of the younger kids wouldn't regognise him anywaySmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12