Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trivia - music or otherwise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 243>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2018 at 16:55
Neil Finn of Crowded House fame and Mike Campbell guitarist with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are joining Fleetwood Mac after the departure of Lyndsau Buckingham.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2018 at 17:01
Stevie Wonder's real name is Stevland Hardaway Judkins

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2018 at 18:57
That's amazing Pogue bout "one of his legs etc". Mate of mine told me that when I was 14 or 15 I think. Never heard the version you refer to. But funny enough, a young female barrister - early 30s maybe - this one is mine Pogue -asked me the question few weeks ago there, like she'd just invented it! She was amazed and somewhat disappointed when I rattled off the answer - but she's looking at me in a different light now !

The other stuff Pogue, sounds Dubb-alin all right, but I don't recall hearing it used. No doubt my wife's mother, RIP, mentioned previously here, would have known it.

By the way, Pogue, in appraising your future wives for future wife-suitability, have you seen the "crazy/hot" matrix on YouTube. If not, type in crazy/hot and you'll get it handy enough I'd say. Study it carefully, Pogue, study it carefully - you don't want to find yourself dealing with anyone in the final sector discussed
One of its legs is both the same
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2018 at 19:35
Hmmmmmm BarristerErmm---->Poguey rubbing thumb and forefinger together denoting money.
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2018 at 19:56
I just checked out that Crazy/Hot matrix guy on YouTube. What I'd like to know is where he bought his felt-tip and erasable chalkboard. I think my wife might be interested in a demo.
Regarding his luck with women,  he doesn't really strike me as the silver-tongued lounge-lizard or master of sparkling wit and subtle repartee...like eh----->  You know whoWink

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 10-July-2018 at 20:01

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2018 at 01:33
Lol! I was double-checking that matrix to see could I possibly post it here without a sexism lawsuit - course what did I do ... Can't even say it ... But some ladies who (used to be) friends of mine, of a certain libertarian disposition - got it sent to them by mistake ... What did I hear back ... Eh, nothing ... bollox bollox bollox ... I feel in some way, Pogue, you are to blame for this ...
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2018 at 15:55
There's probably a very sound reason why women who frequented this forum in its early years no longer do.

I blame Trump!Angry...Oh, and Peter Gaynor of course.
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2018 at 16:48
The male seahorse is equipped with a pouch on the ventral, or front-facing, side of the tail. When mating, the female seahorse deposits up to 1,500 eggs in the male'spouch. The male carries the eggs for 9 to 45 days until the seahorses emerge fully developed, but very small.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2018 at 17:01
Hmmm ... Equality of child-rearing, seahorse-style
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 11:40
The first Miss World was from Finland.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 15:55
The Gladys Knight hit - Night train to Georgia - was originally called Night plane to Houston! But the record producer changed the song as above. Trains reckoned to be a much more evocative image than planes ... I assume Georgia also considered "sexier" in that type of song than Houston.

So now you know ... !
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 20:40
I had the displeasure of seeing Gladys live once around 1980ish. It still ranks as one of (if the the) most disappointing shows I've ever attended. David Ruffing (Temptations) was the warm up act, and guessing they were married at the time? Anyway, I was a bit of a Gladys fan, due to the Midnight train to Georgia song, along with a TV special that I really enjoyed. David was out there doing his thing with the fake Temptations covering their Motown hits...Not bad, but after about 2 and half hours it was obvious Gladys was a NO Show. The audience were getting restless after about 3 hours when finally Gladys appeared onstage in an obvious pissed off mood, entered into a verbal battle with David (reason I think they were married) Left the stage, came back, sang a fecked up version of Midnight Train to Georgia, left the stage to no applause.

Hmmmm, Should start a thread about disappointing shows we've been to...I have a list...Ray Charles,  Gerry Lee Lewis, David Byrne, Loni Anderson, Hubby Lou Reed,.....and ....and ..I hate to say it .B...Bo...Bob Dy...D...Dylan...to name a few.

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 12-July-2018 at 20:46

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 20:50
That's a shame bout Gladys, Pogue. Most shows I've seen have been good to spectacular, with one notable, disappointing exception. Deep Purple, playing in The
Point (I think) in Dublin, can't remember exactly when, but a good few years ago, also a good, good few years after their pomp. They were sh*te and embarrassing, and embarrassingly sh*te. They were at such a low volume you could talk over them; they seemed nervous and unsure how to work the audience; they apologetically introduced some new stuff that they "had" to play ( as if, someone was making them play it). All in all, a dreadful evenings non-entertainment, dunno what was wrong with them.
Apart from that nothing really stands out ... So far ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 20:51
The people of ancient Egypt used to call their land "Kemet" which means "Black Land" because of the colour of the rich and fertile soil.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2018 at 20:56
There are 22 bones in the human skull.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2018 at 00:35
New Zealand was the first country to give women the right to vote.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2018 at 09:05
Avocado is the Aztec word for testicle 😂.

Is has also been called Alligator pear.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2018 at 12:25
Apparently more people in Ireland watched the England v Croatia match than the number that watched the All Ireland football final last September.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2018 at 20:39
Seborrheic Dermatitis is commonly known as dandruff.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2018 at 11:22
The film "The Rose" is loosely based on the life of Janis Joplin and featured Bette Milder.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 243>