Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trivia - music or otherwise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 243>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2016 at 16:13

Horse Wears Tweed Ahead Of Cheltenham Festival

One horse is odds on to be named sharpest dresser at the races, after tailors designed a three-piece Harris Tweed suit for him.

A noble steed has modelled a specially designed tweed suit ahead of this week's Cheltenham Festival - giving the term "clothes horse" a whole new meaning.

Three-piece suits are normally a luxury reserved for human attendees of the racing extravaganza, but accomplished seamstresses and tailors managed to create a fine equine alternative for veteran racer Morestead in four weeks.

Emma Sandham-King and her team used 18 metres of Harris Tweed for the outfit - 10 times more than is usually needed for a standard suit.

A crisp white shirt, blue tie and flat cap finished off Morestead's makeover, which was proudly unveiled by champion jockey Sir Tony McCoy.

Tweeds for horses

All Morestead needs now is an 18-carrot watch to complete the look

Ms Sandham-King, a former Alexander McQueen apprentice, described the project as "one of the biggest challenges I have faced in my career".

She added: "Some models can be real divas, but Morestead was calm and a pleasure to work with.

"Tweed is undergoing a massive revival and this year's Cheltenham Festival will see the most tweed worn since the 1960s."

William Hill, which commissioned the outfit, estimates that enough tweed is worn at the event to stretch from the historic racecourse to Ireland.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2016 at 16:14

Man, 92, Rides Mobility Scooter On 70mph Road

Officers said the "very confused" pensioner found himself on the A2011 near Crawley, after taking a wrong turn.

Pensioner on mobility scooter

Police said the pensioner was in a 'very confused' state

Motorists spotted a 92-year-old man riding his mobility scooter along a busy 70mph dual carriageway in West Sussex.

Police said the "very confused" pensioner found himself on the A2011 near Crawley on Friday, after taking a wrong turn.

A driver pulled over to help the OAP, who is now recovering from his ordeal at home.

PC Katie Breeds said: "He was very confused and really didn't know where he was.

"We sat him in the back of our police car and waited for a colleague in a van to collect the mobility scooter.

"And then we delivered scooter and driver back home to his warden-assisted accommodation in Crawley."

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2016 at 14:24

Adele To Headline At Glastonbury Festival

Award-winning singer Adele will join Muse and Coldplay at the top of the bill for this year's Glastonbury Festival.

2015! Menschen, Bilder, Emotionen - RTL Jahresrueckblick

Adele revealed the news while performing at London's O2 arena

Adele has revealed she is to headline at this year's Glastonbury Festival.

The pop star will join rock band Muse and Coldplay as one of the leading acts at the event.

Adele broke the news to fans while performing at London's O2 arena.

The singer will top the bill on Saturday night at the festival in Worthy Farm, Somerset, the festival's Twitter page confirmed.

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis tweeted: "What a great honour it is to have the wonderful Adele confirmed for this year's Saturday night headline spot on the Pyramid Stage!"

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2016 at 19:03
That old guy above was totally nude and hugging and kissing the steering wheel when they stopped him. He said his wife was losing interest in him and the marriage counselor told him to do something sexy to a tractor.
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2016 at 17:32

Dead Air: Station Only Plays Songs By Deceased

DJ Steve Penk tells Sky News he saw a gap in the market and decided to launch Radio Dead to honour artists we've lost.

David Bowie

David Bowie died on 11 January

As the world mourns the recent passing of music stars such as David Bowie, Keith Emerson, Glenn Frey, and Maurice White a new 24-hour radio station has hit the airwaves playing hits from dead musicians only.

The internet radio station, Radio Dead, plays songs from across the decades with the one proviso, the lead singer, or one of the group, must no longer be with us.

The station was the idea of former Capital and Virgin Radio DJ, Steve Penk.

"The immediate perception of this radio station, before listening to it, might be that it's in bad taste, but the reality is a joyous radio station celebrating the music of so many brilliant artists who are sadly no longer with us," he told Sky News.

"I want listeners to enjoy and remember the incredible music these artists have left behind, it's a great, positive listen."

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2016 at 14:24

David Bowie Brixton Mural To Be Listed

Lambeth Council is also in discussion with the late singer's family over plans to create a more permanent memorial.

A woman leaves a bouquet at a mural of David Bowie in Brixton, south London
A David Bowie mural, which became a shrine for fans after his death, is to be listed by a London council to make sure it remains protected.

Thousands of people left flowers or gifts in front of the artwork in Brixton following the Starman singer's death in New York on 10 January.

Bowie was born in Brixton and now Lambeth Council has announced it is making plans for a more permanent memorial to the artist.

It said it is in contact with his family to discuss renaming Tunstall Place, where the mural can be found on the side of the Morleys department store, and the possibility of a statue.

Councillor Lib Peck, leader of Lambeth council, said in a statement: "It is ultimately the family's decision as to what may be appropriate.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2016 at 13:17

The Rolling Stones have invited Cubans to their free concert with Mick Jagger speaking Spanish in a YouTube video few people in the country will be able to watch.

"We have played in many incredible places but this concert in Havana is going to be a historic event for us," the frontman said in a voice over while the Stones' song, Jumpin' Jack Flash plays to snippets of concert video.

"We hope it will be for you, too."

Less than one-third of Cubans have access to the internet, with only 3.4% of homes connected to either the internet or a local Cuban intranet, according to UN data.

The Stones added Cuba to the end of their Latin American tour OLE, becoming the first major international rock stars to play in the island nation.

The outdoor concert at a sports complex was postponed for five days because of the 48-hour visit by US President Barack Obama, who left Cuba on Tuesday.

The band have brought in 61 shipping containers with an estimated 500 tonnes of equipment, such as a stage, speakers, lights and video screens, the production manager, Dale Skjerseth, told reporters on Sunday.

A crew of 140 Stones employees and at least 80 Cubans have set up on grounds including a football field and adjoining baseball fields with room for hundreds of thousands of spectators who are invited to arrive for free on a first-come, first-served basis.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2016 at 16:38

Rolling Stones Rock Cuba With Historic Concert

The Rolling Stones and their fans in Cuba finally spend the night together as the veteran rockers perform a free gig in Havana.

Rolling Stones perform in Cuba

The Rolling Stones have performed in front of hundreds of thousands of jubilant Cubans, delivering a historic concert in a country that once considered the band's music subversive.

Coming two days after Barack Obama finished the first trip to Cuba by a US president in nearly 90 years, Friday night's free gig in Havana cemented the communist-run island's opening to the world.

The veteran rockers started their first-ever show in Cuba with Jumpin' Jack Flash, a song recorded in 1968 when Cuban rock fans were secretly sharing pirated vinyl records and risked being sent to rural work brigades to cure "ideological deviation".

"We know that years back it was hard to hear our music in Cuba, but here we are playing. I also think the times are changing," singer Mick Jagger said to a roar from the crowd.

Jagger spoke in Spanish throughout of the 18-song show of hits that lasted more than two hours.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2016 at 16:40

Axl Rose 'Will Front AC/DC' For Tour Dates

A radio host says he has seen the Guns N' Roses frontman practicing with the band, claiming it is "all but a done deal".

Axl Rose (left) of Guns N Roses and Angus Young of AC/DC

Could Axl Rose join Angus Young on stage?

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose will step in as a guest vocalist for fellow rockers AC/DC, according to reports.

The Australian band was forced to halt its tour this month after lead singer Brian Johnson was told he risked total deafness if he continued to perform.

In a statement, the band said the rescheduled gigs would likely be staged with a guest vocalist.

A radio host in Atlanta, where AC/DC stopped its tour, said he had seen Rose in the city and that he was practicing with the band.

Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson was told he risked losing his hearing

"It's all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows" in the US, host Jason Bailey said on his show on rock station WNNX.

A representative for AC/DC did not deny the reports when contacted by NME.

"Nothing official to announce. Will update you if that changes," they said.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2016 at 16:42

Dave Grohl Backs Cornwall Band In Noise Row

The Foo Fighters frontman asks the council to reconsider restrictions put on the teenage band who practise in a garage.

Musician Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters performs at the Forum on September 22, 2015 in Inglewood, California.

Grohl says music helped him through "difficult years"

Rock star Dave Grohl has lent his support to an English teenage band who have been prevented from practising in a garage due to local noise restrictions.

The Foo Fighters frontman and former Nirvana drummer wrote a letter to the local council in Cornwall after the four members of rock metal band Black Leaves Of Envy appealed for his support.

"That's the story of Nirvana basically, young musicians starting off in a garage," 17-year-old Adam Jones, lead guitarist and singer with the group said.

"It's pretty surreal, we sent the letter off to ask for his support ... We were all shocked when we got the reply."

The band, all aged between 15 and 17, have been unable to play for months as they were threatened with steep fines if they broke a noise limit of 30-40 decibels.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2016 at 15:24
Donald Trump: Effigy of Republican candidate set ablaze in Mexico Easter ritual

An effigy of US presidential contender Donald Trump has been set ablaze in Mexico as part of a contemporary twist on a Holy Week ritual.

A smiling figure of the billionaire American businessman went up in flames during the Easter eve Burning of Judas, a tradition in which Mexicans torch effigies of the devil — and of public figures they dislike.

In a neighbourhood of the Mexican capital city, the devil this year took the form of Mr Trump, notorious for comments made during his presidential campaign accusing Mexican immigrants in the US of being criminals and rapists.

About 200 people attended the event late on Saturday (local time), in which a two-metre papier-mache likeness of Mr Trump wearing a blue suit, white shirt and red tie was torched.

The figure was created by Felipe Linares, who has been making effigies for more than 50 years at a workshop founded by his father in the early 20th century.

This year, he made likenesses of the devil, President Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexican goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa and Mr Trump — all of which went up in flames.

Linares told AFP the likeness of Mr Trump was chosen "because we don't like him. He speaks ill of Mexicans".

The Holy Week tradition of burning effigies is believed to symbolically dispel evil, while torching the Judas figure exacts revenge for the death of Jesus.

Since making his remarks, Mr Trump has become a figure of scorn in Mexico.

Some have made pinatas resembling the Republican frontrunner, while one artist produced shirts decorated with his image along with a vulgarity.

An opinion poll this month found some 61 per cent of Mexicans held a negative opinion of Trump, who has vowed to force Mexico to pay for a huge wall across the US border to stop illegal migration.

There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2016 at 16:47

ZZ Top and New Order are among a raft of acts confirmed to perform at this year's Glastonbury Festival.

Other names on the bill include Beck, Disclosure, Ellie Goulding, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Madness and Stormzy.

This year's three headliners - already announced - are Muse, Adele and Coldplay.

The festival takes place at Worthy Farm at Pilton in Somerset from 22 to 26 June.

The 2016 line-up also features The 1975, The Last Shadow Puppets, Grimes, Jake Bugg, Fatboy Slim, Guy Garvey, Madness, Wolf Alice, Bat For Lashes, Cyndi Lauper, Ronnie Spector and Earth, Wind & Fire.

Jeff Lynne's ELO occupies the Sunday afternoon "legends" slot, which in recent years has been filled by Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers.

The Syrian National Orchestra, whose members have fled around the world due to the conflict in the country, is also set to perform.

The orchestra is already performing a concert with Blur and Gorillaz singer Damon Albarn at London's Royal Festival Hall on Saturday 25 June.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2016 at 13:20
From the forthcoming album of Grateful Dead Songs covered by other artists " Day Of The Dead " .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72OLupNWNho

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2016 at 13:22
The years-in-the-making Day Of The Dead Grateful Dead tribute curated by The National’s Aaron & Bryce Dessner will be released May 20 via 4AD. Aaron & Bryce recruited an incredible lineup of musicians to interpret many Dead classics for a new generation. All told, Day Of The Dead features 59 tracks and over five hours of music. Today, five of the tracks on the compilation have been shared and can be instantly downloaded as part of a pre-order campaign.

The songs shared today include The War On Drugs’ version of the Dead’s 1987 hit “Touch Of Grey,” which is the first new music from the Philadelphia band since 2014’s Lost In A Dream. Also released today is Phosphorescent and Jenny Lewis, backed by the house band featuring 4/5 of the National that contributed to numerous recordings on the compilation, for a take on “Sugaree.” One-time Grateful Dead member Bruce Hornsby teams with Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon and his reunited first band DeYarmond Edison for “Black Muddy River.” We also get to hear Aussie rocker Courtney Barnett’s rendition of “New Speedway Boogie” and The National’s “Morning Dew.”

Proceeds from the compilation will go towards HIV/AIDS non-profit Red Hot. A one-time-only Day Of The Dead live performance will take place at this year’s Eaux Claires festival in Wisconsin August 12 – 13. The National will be joined by Justin Vernon, Jenny Lewis, Phosphorescent’s Matthew Houck, Will Oldham, Sam Amidon, Richard Reed Parry, Lucius, Bruce Hornsby and UMO’s Ruban Nielson for the performance.

Singer-songwriter Will Oldham of Bonnie “Prince” Billy said, “I have worked with a few people whose minds are brilliant and complicated, musically. There’s something about the Dead that allows these big-brained pickers to just chill the f**k out and feel good about it. There’s basic types of song forms and melodies that I have an affinity for, and the Grateful Dead have helped other people find their ways into these musics. So it isn’t as hard to establish connections with folks out there that might not otherwise share some of what I am digging into.” TV on the Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe added, “They’re one of the great, ‘do everything’ bands, take from whatever you want and warp it into something new. I’m sure that some of the space rock and psyche jam DNA of the band has seeped into what we do.” And in explaining why their music is relevant today Bill Callahan explained, “I feel like the Dead managed to show the bridge from the past to the future in a respectful way. Much more so than someone like the Stones who felt like pillagers to me. The Dead breathed life into the old songs, expanded the lungs of the old songs.”

Day Of The Dead will be released in multiple formats – digital, 5-CD box set and a limited edition vinyl box set. For much more on those involved with each track read the compilation’s digital booklet.

Day of the Dead Tracklist
Thunder (Vol. 1):

01. Touch of Grey – The War on Drugs
02. Sugaree – Phosphorescent, Jenny Lewis & Friends
03. Candyman – Jim James & Friends
04. Cassidy – Moses Sumney, Jenny Lewis & Friends
05. Black Muddy River – Bruce Hornsby and DeYarmond Edison
06. Loser – Ed Droste, Binki Shapiro & Friends
07. Peggy-O – The National
08. Box of Rain – Kurt Vile and the Violators (featuring J Mascis)
09. Rubin and Cherise – Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy & Friends
10. To Lay Me Down – Perfume Genius, Sharon Van Etten & Friends
11. New Speedway Boogie – Courtney Barnett
12. Friend of the Devil – Mumford & Sons
13. Uncle John’s Band – Lucius
14. Me and My Uncle – The Lone Bellow & Friends
15. Mountains of the Moon – Lee Ranaldo, Lisa Hannigan & Friends
16. Black Peter – Anohni and yMusic
17. Garcia Counterpoint – Bryce Dessner
18. Terrapin Station (Suite) – Daniel Rossen, Christopher Bear and The National (featuring Josh Kaufman, Conrad Doucette, So Percussion and Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
19. Attics of My Life – Angel Olsen
20. St. Stephen (live) – Wilco with Bob Weir
Lightning (Vol. 2):

01 Bonnie “Prince” Billy: “If I Had the World to Give”
02 Phosphorescent & Friends: “Standing on the Moon”
03 Charles Bradley and Menahan Street Band: “Cumberland Blues”
04 Tallest Man on Earth & Friends: “Ship of Fools”
05 Bonnie “Prince” Billy & Friends: “Bird Song”
06 The National: “Morning Dew”
07 Marijuana Deathsquads: “Truckin’”
08 Cass McCombs, Joe Russo & Friends: “Dark Star”
09 Nightfall of Diamonds: “Nightfall of Diamonds”
10 Tim Hecker: “Transitive Refraction Axis for John Oswald”
11 Lucinda Williams & Friends: “Goin’ Down the Road Feeling Bad”
12 Tunde Adebimpe, Lee Ranaldo & Friends: “Playing in the Band”
13 Local Natives: “Stella Blue”
14 Tal National: “Eyes of the World”
15 Bela Fleck: “Help on the Way”
16 Orchestra Baobab: “Franklin’s Tower”
17 Luluc With Xylouris White: “Till the Morning Comes”
18 The Walkmen: “Ripple”
19 Richard Reed Parry with Caroline Shaw and Little Scream: “Brokedown Palace” [ft. Garth Hudson]
Sunshine (Vol. 3):

01 Real Estate: “Here Comes Sunshine”
02 Unknown Mortal Orchestra: “Shakedown Street”
03 Hiss Golden Messenger: “Brown Eyed Woman”
04 This Is the Kit: “Jack-a-Roe”
05 Daniel Rossen and Christopher Bear: “High Time”
06 The Lone Bellow & Friends: “Dire Wolf”
07 Winston Marshall, Kodiak Blue and Shura: “Althea”
08 Orchestra Baobab: “Clementine Jam”
09 Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks: “China Cat Sunflower – I Know You Rider”
10 Bill Callahan: “Easy Wind”
11 Ira Kaplan & Friends: “Wharf Rat”
12 The Rileys (Terry and Gyan Riley): “Estimated Prophet”
13 Man Forever, So Percussion and Oneida: “Drums – Space”
14 f**ked Up: “Cream Puff War”
15 The Flaming Lips: “Dark Star”
16 s t a r g a z e: “What’s Become of the Baby”
17 Vijay Iyer: “King Solomon’s Marbles”
18 Mina Tindle & Friends: “Rosemary”
19 Sam Amidon & Friends: “And We Bid You Goodnight”
20 The National With Bob Weir: “I Know You Rider (live)”

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2016 at 15:16
Wow Frank, that's a really interesting piece of news. 

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2016 at 12:16

Bowie's Drummer Dennis Davis Dies From Cancer

The musician first worked with the British legend in the mid-1970s and went on to play on many of the singer's best loved songs.

Dennis Davis

Bowie and Davis worked together for years Pic: via Tony Visconti Facebook

David Bowie's longtime drummer Dennis Davis, who featured on tracks such as "Heroes" and Ashes To Ashes, has died from cancer three months after the singer.

The pair's working relationship began when the musician played on the recording of Young Americans in 1975.

Davis then went on to play on Bowie's famous Berlin records; Low, Heroes and Lodger.

He also played percussion for Bowie on his live tours in 1976 and 1978.

His death was confirmed in a statement on Facebook by Bowie producer Tony Visconti, who described him as "one of the most creative drummers I have ever worked with".

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2016 at 12:18

Country Music Star Merle Haggard Dies

The Mama Tried and Okie From Muskogee singer succumb to pneumonia on his 79th birthday, his manager says.

Country music icon Merle Haggard has died in California, his manager has said.

Haggard succumbed to pneumonia on his 79th birthday, Frank Mull told the Associated Press.

A masterful guitar player, fiddler and songwriter, Haggard was known for celebrating outlaws and underdogs in his lyrics.

Merle Haggard accepts the Artist of a Lifetime Award at the 2014 CMT Artists Of The Year

Haggard accepts the Artist of a Lifetime Award at the 2014 CMT Awards

His career spanned over 40 years and spawned dozens of albums and No 1 hits, including Sing Me Back Home, Mama Tried and Okie From Muskogee.

Haggard was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1994.

He won dozens of county music awards throughout his career, along with three Grammy Awards.

McCartney and Haggard pose at the US State Department gala dinner

Haggard was honoured alongside McCartney at the White House in 2010

In 2010, Haggard was among several artists, including Sir Paul McCartney, to be honoured at the White House by President Barack Obama at the annual Kennedy Center Honors.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Wednesday the President was sending his thoughts and prayers to Haggard's family.

"His passing is a loss for country music, but obviously is a loss for all the people who got to know him personally, too," Mr Earnest said.

Haggard's rise to stardom began under inauspicious circumstances. His parents were poor and lived in a converted railway boxcar.

At age nine, Haggard's father suddenly fell ill and died. The young Haggard turned to a life of petty crime and spent several years in and out of institutions.

But it was a three-year stint for burglary at San Quentin, where he saw Johnny Cash perform, that eventually prompted Haggard to turn his life around and pursue music.

He would go on to collaborate with some of the industry's biggest stars though the years. His own works have been covered by the likes of The Byrds, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Grateful Dead, among others.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2016 at 19:04
Hot Chocolate were the only group, and one of just three acts, that had a hit in every year of the 1970s in the UK charts, the others being Elvis and Diana Ross.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2016 at 15:01

Sir Tom Jones' Wife Of 59 Years Dies Of Cancer

'Lady Linda' passed away on Sunday morning at a hospital in Los Angeles, according to the singer's publicist.

HEATHROW AIRPORT IN LONDON, BRITAIN - 1987

Sir Tom, 75, had been married to 'Lady Linda' since 1957

Sir Tom Jones' wife, Lady Melinda Rose Woodward, has died following a "short but fierce" battle against cancer.

A statement posted on the singer's website said the 75-year-old had died on Sunday morning at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, surrounded by her husband and loved ones.

The singer had recently cancelled several shows due to "serious" family illness.

Sir Tom, 75, had been married to 'Lady Linda' since 1957. They have one son, Mark.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2016 at 15:02

Springsteen Axes Gig Over Transgender Toilets

Bruce Springsteen has cancelled a concert in North Carolina in protest over a law that critics say discriminates against transgender people.

The 66-year-old said he and the E Street Band were calling off Sunday's performance in Greensboro to "show solidarity for those freedom fighters" who oppose the legislation.

The HB2 law requires transgender people to use public bathrooms that match their birth gender.

"Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry is one of them," said the Born in the USA singer in a statement on Twitter.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 243>