Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trivia - music or otherwise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 243>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2015 at 15:01
Great article Pat , thanks .

There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2015 at 20:56

A hazing ritual forced Chinese female flight attendants into overhead bins

Female flight attendants forced into overhead bins© Washington Post Female flight attendants forced into overhead bins

To make it as a female flight attendant in China, you must have the body of a model and the strength of a martial artist. Each of the coveted positions attracts thousands of applicants — an interest that has little abated despite routinely documented abuse.

At China Southern Airlines, worthy candidates must be no older than 24 and above average height.

At Hong Kong Airlines, they have to master kung fu.

And at Kunming Airlines, it now appears, they should be as compact as pieces of carry-on luggage.

A “Civil Aviation Tabloid” on Wechat, a popular social networking app in China, has released photos of female flight attendants lying uncomfortably in overhead bins. The initiation ritual, which has been in place for nearly five years, marks the employees’ first 30 to 50 hours of flight service.

Only women are subject to the treatment at the hands of their male colleagues, who force the female attendants into the compartments, sometimes even closing the lid on them, the article reports.

Those who tried to avoid participating in the bizarre practice were deemed uncooperative and arrogant. Some pictures show the young women’s faces buried in a corner of the bin; one features a male staffer flashing a peace sign as he poses beside an attendant covering her face with her hands.

The photos and accompanying article went viral in China over the weekend, inciting considerable fervor from commenters who called the practice “an insult to females” and “really perverted.”

Others said the “joke” shouldn’t be taken too seriously, pointing out that it looked like some women had climbed into the bins “for fun.”

Kunming Airlines apologised for the incident on Monday, noting in a statement that the company does not condone the tradition, which was the “personal behavior” of their attendants and security staff, conducted after flight hours.

The carrier vows to discipline the workers involved and put an end to their conduct.

But Kunming Airlines has long known about the ritual, the Wechat post claims, as female flight attendants had previously voiced their grievances to management without recourse.

The hazing’s distinctly physical nature echoes the strict standards that women in cabin crews are expected to meet. China’s civil aviation authority mandates that female flight attendants between 5 feet 2 inches and 5 feet 6 inches tall must weigh between 100 and 160 pounds. In August, an attendant from Qingdao Airlines was reportedly grounded because she exceeded this height-to-weight ratio.

It’s no wonder, then, that the flight attendants appear to have been placed in the bins with ease. The suggestion seems to be that if a woman didn’t fit the compartment, she wouldn’t be fit to fly.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2015 at 14:01
N.S.U. by Cream

Written by Cream's bass player Jack Bruce, "N.S.U." was one of the numbers the band performed on stage from the outset. In fact, Jack had written the song for the band's very first rehearsal. N.S.U. is an acronym for "Non-Specific Urethritis," a form of venereal disease Eric Clapton is rumored to have been afflicted with at the time. The lads, apparently having a bit of fun, thought it would be a good title for the song
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2015 at 18:15
Sri Lanka is often referred to as "the teardrop of India" due to it's location south east of India and it's shape like a teardrop. 

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 19:13

Is A Guns N' Roses Reunion On The Cards?

Anonymous "insiders", interviews and tweets all give indications that the full band could be back on stage together next year.

Guns N Roses

The band at their Hall of Fame induction in 2012 without Axl Rose

There are reports Guns N' Roses could announce they are reuniting, more than two decades after the original line-up performed together.

Axl Rose and Slash have had a notoriously rocky relationship over the years and have not been on stage together since 1993.

But the website Dish Nation has quoted a "music insider" who said they have "tentatively​ agreed to perform together again in 2016".

It reported that the group will play a number of festivals in Europe and North America before embarking on a world tour to coincide with its 30th anniversary.

The official Guns N' Roses Twitter account has contributed to the rumour mill by tweeting: "What ever happened to no news is good news?"

Opening Night Of Guns N Roses Second Residency At The Joint

Rose and Slash have had many disagreements

Earlier this year Slash, who left the band in 1996, told CBS News he thought it would be fun to reunite and that there was "no animosity".

G​uns N' Roses keyboard player Dizzy Reed ​has also recently hinted ​comeback could happen.

"With Guns N' Roses, timelines don't really apply," he told Loudwire.

"And that’s fine, things will come out when they're ready and we'll go on tour when we’re ready…"

Guns N' Roses were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012 but Rose declined to join Slash, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum at the ceremony.

The Los Angeles band have sold over 100 million records.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 19:14

One-Time Beatles Drummer Andy White Dies

The Scotsman was called in by the Beatles' producer who was unsure of the abilities of Ringo Starr - who ended up on tambourine.

Andrew White who replaced Ringo Starr at a 1962 recording session for the then unknown Beatles. Andrew is now 70 years old and is a music teacher in New Jersey, Britain

White, who played the drums instead of Ringo on some early Beatles tracks

Scottish drummer Andy White, who stepped in to play on some of The Beatles' early tracks, has died in the US.

White died aged 85, following a stroke at his New Jersey home, according to his family.

He was chosen ahead of Ringo Starr in September 1962 to play the drums on the single versions of Love Me Do and P.S. I Love You.

Glasgow-born White was paid the princely sum of £5 for his three hours of recording time and he received no royalties in the years afterwards.

"You could tell it was something different and very special, but I didn't know just how special it would become," he told the Daily Record in 2012.

Because of his early work with the band, he was sometimes ranked among the so-called "Fifth Beatles", along with people such as Stuart Sutcliffe and Pete Best.

In 1964, Mr White played the drums for Lulu's cover of Shout and Tom Jones' famous 1965 single It's Not Unusual, two of many famous singers he worked with.

In more recent years and after moving to the US, he married voiceover actress Thea Ruth and became a drumming teacher.

Among his pupils was The Sopranos actor Steven Van Zandt, who learned the skill for his role as Silvio Dante in the series.

The New York Metro Pipe Band, with whom he also worked, wrote on their Facebook page that Mr White had been an "all-round gentleman".

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 19:17

Former MOTÖRHEAD Drummer PHIL 'PHILTHY ANIMAL' TAYLOR Dies At 61

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/philthytaylor_638.jpg
Former MOTÖRHEAD Drummer PHIL PHILTHY ANIMAL TAYLOR Dies At 61

Ex-MOTÖRHEAD drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor died on Wednesday, November 11 at the age of 61.

Taylor's former MOTÖRHEAD bandmate "Fast" Eddie Clarke posted the following tribute to his colleague: "My dear friend and brother passed away last night. He had been ill for sometime but that does not make it any easier when the time finally comes.

"I have known Phil since he was 21 and he was one hell of a character. Fortunately, we made some fantastic music together and I have many many fond memories of our time together.

"Rest in peace, Phil!"

Taylor played in MOTÖRHEAD from 1975 to 1984 and again from 1987 to 1992. He appeared on the band's debut album, "On Parole", and played on a further ten albums, including 1979's "Bomber", 1980's "Ace Of Spades", and 1982's "Iron Fist".

Taylor contributed to MOTÖRHEAD's 1992 album "March Or Die" but departed the band during the recording process. The album was completed by drummers Tommy Aldridge and current sticksman Mikkey Dee.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 19:18

Bulldog Skateboards Into The Record Books

A four-year-old bulldog stakeboards through the legs of 30 people to successfully set a new Guinness World Record.

111115 Guinness World Records, Skateboarding dog, Lima, Peru
Video: Skateboarding Dog Sets Record

A bulldog has set a world record for the longest human tunnel travelled through by a dog on a skateboard.

Footage filmed in Peru's capital Lima, as part of Guinness World Records Day, show Otto hopping on a moving skateboard and picking up speed, before darting through the legs of 30 people to successfully break the record.

The four-year-old also shows his skills by cleverly shifting his weight on the board to navigate his way through the curvy obstacle course, so he doesn't bump into anyone's legs.

Speaking about Otto's skills, skateboarder Valentine Katz told Sky News: "I think it's pretty good because the way he is turning... that's quite impressive for a dog!"

Mr Katz, 22, who owns Brixton's Baddest skateboarding shop in south London, added: "Otto is pushing on either foot to turn the skateboard. Plus, it looks like he's having a lot fun."

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 19:20

'UFO Clouds' Captured Hovering Over Cape Town

A local photographer captures the formation of the saucer-shaped puffs amid a skyline he described as "unbelievable".

Lenticular clouds in S Africa

Lenticular clouds over Cape Town. Pic: @instagram_sa/Kyle Mijlof

Residents of Cape Town may have thought they were seeing UFOs in the sky - but instead they were being treated to a special cloud formation.

The lenticular clouds appeared over the South African city late on Sunday afternoon and photographer Kyle Mijlof was among those capturing the scene, which he described as "unbelievable".

Mr Mijlof told Sky News the clouds started forming over Table Mountain - about five miles from the city - at around 3pm and his picture was taken three hours later as the formation peaked.

He added: "Honestly, the whole skyline that day was unbelievable and a bit of an eerie stillness in the air.

"I was on my scooter at the time, driving along Signal Hill back home to Camps Bay, I stopped to get this quick shot - I still had my helmet on."

Mr Mijlof said he has seen similar clouds during his travels elsewhere in the world but not in Cape Town.

Sky News meteorologist Chris England said: "They are formed at the top of waves in the atmosphere caused by air going over mountains and are quite common, although more often as long bands of simple arcs."

He said the shapes are formed by either variations in humidity within the air or the originating hills being "fairly isolated peaks".

Picturesque Cape Town is framed by peaks, including Table Mountain, which is around 3,500ft high.

England added: "Lenticular clouds don't really signify anything in particular about the weather, apart from fact that the atmosphere is stable at the time and so not much convection likely - and that can change quite rapidly."

Lenticular clouds, which come from a Latin word meaning "lens-like", can form in many places around the world and have been blamed for a number of previous "UFO sightings".

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2015 at 16:10

Artist Unveils Huge Picture Of Christ In Field

The artwork, created using a tractor in the Italian province of Verona, shows the "difficult moment faced by humanity".

Dario Gambarin prepared the huge artwork using a tractor
Video: Artist Recreates Christ In A Field

An Italian land artist has created a 24,000 square metre image of Christ in a field.

Dario Gambarin prepared the huge artwork using a tractor – and achieved different depths and colours with the help of a rotating harrow and a plough.

White spray paint and nylon cloth were used for his eyes.

The piece, entitled Suffering Christ, is intended to show the "difficult moment faced by humanity" – and commemorates the Catholic Church's Jubilee of Mercy event, which begins next Tuesday.

It took many days for Mr Gambarin to complete the portrait in Verona, which can only be fully appreciated from the skies.

His past projects have included similarly grand depictions of Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, John F. Kennedy, and Pope Benedict XVI.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2015 at 16:12

Adele's New Album Makes UK Chart History

Adele's album 25 has sold 800,307 copies in the first week of its release - eclipsing Oasis's previous 18-year record.18:54, UK, Saturday 28 November 2015

Adele

Adele's third album, 25, has become the fastest selling record in British history.

The Oscar-winning Skyfall singer's record has sold 800,307 copies in the first week of its release - surpassing Oasis's Be Here Now, which sold 696,000 units in its debut chart week in August 1997.

The album, which features the Number One single Hello, has enjoyed one of the biggest first day sales totals ever - selling more than 300,000 copies in 24 hours.

25 - which Adele described as a "make up album" and comes four years after 2011's 21 - is also the UK's most downloaded Number One album in history, having sold 252,423 digital copies. 

The sales success of 25 - which has sold more than the last 19 Number One albums in the UK combined - meant the album has already received a double platinum certification from the British Phonographic Industry.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2015 at 14:19

Ex-Stone Temple Pilots Frontman Weiland Dies

Weiland rose to fame as the lead singer of the Stone Temple Pilots, but his career was dogged by substance abuse problems.

Musician Scott Weiland.

Weiland was due to play a concert in Medina, Minnesota

Scott Weiland, the former frontman of the bands Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died at the age of 48.

The singer's manager, Tom Vitorino, confirmed his death, saying he was told by Weiland's tour manager.

He did not provide any further details.

Weiland was due to play a concert in Medina, Minnesota with his current band, Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts, according to the venue's website.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2015 at 14:20

Pam Anderson Bares All For Final Playboy Nude

The 48-year-old model and actress says she asked permission from her two teenage sons before agreeing to do the photo-shoot.

AIGNER At Bambi Awards 2015 - Red Carpet Arrivals

Anderson has appeared on the Playboy cover 13 times since 1989

Former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson will grace the cover and centrefold of Playboy magazine's final nude issue.

Anderson, 48, revealed she had been asked to pose nude for the publication in an interview with celebrity news show Entertainment Tonight.

Playboy announced in October it was ending a more than 60-year tradition of publishing nude images of women, saying the practice had become "passe" due to the availability of free images online.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2015 at 14:21

Coldplay To Headline Super Bowl Half-Time Show

Frontman Chris Martin says he is really, really nervous about the gig that will be "the greatest moment in our band's life".

Coldplay performed at St John at Hackney Church in London

From Thursday night in Hackney to February in California

Coldplay will headline the coveted half-time slot at next year's Super Bowl.

The news was revealed by the NFL on Twitter and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin said the group was looking forward to taking part in the "Super Bowl of Music".

In a promotional video, he said: "We are so excited and honoured and thrilled to be playing the half-time show.

"It's going to be wonderful and I hope we see you there.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2015 at 14:28

Police Give Donkey A Lift In Patrol Car

Officer Kyle Canaan thought the animal would be safer in his squad car - but things didn't go so well once it was in the vehicle.

Police in Norman, Oklahoma, give a donkey a lift

Norman Police Department posted the picture on its Facebook page

Police in Oklahoma have given a donkey a lift in their patrol car after rescuing the roaming animal.

Officers in Norman, just southeast of Oklahoma City, responded to a report that the animal was on the loose on Tuesday morning.

Officer Kyle Canaan managed to round up the donkey but felt he had no choice other than to put it into his vehicle in order to keep it safe.

Norman Police Department's Facebook account later posted the picture taken at the time and released a statement explaining what had happened.

The statement said: "Our officers encounter unexpected things every day while on-duty.

"This morning, Officer Kyle Canaan responded to a call regarding a donkey on the loose in the 8100 block of 120th Avenue NE.

"To ensure the safety of the animal, he helped transport the donkey to a nearby home for safe keeping until its owner could be located.

"It's not everyday that you see a donkey in the backseat of a police car!"

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2015 at 14:02

Eagles Of Death Metal Weep On Bataclan Return

The heavy metal band was performing at the theatre when gunmen stormed in and killed nearly 90 fans.

Eagles Of Death Metal Weep On Bataclan Return

Members of the US band Eagles of Death Metal broke down in tears as they returned to Bataclan Theatre where 90 people were killed.

They silently laid flowers at the site, which has become a shrine to those who lost their lives during the Paris attacks.

Some band members embraced, some wiped away tears.

Eagles of Death Metal made a surprise return to Paris on Monday night and performed alongside U2, their first on-stage appearance since the 13 November attacks.

"They were robbed of their stage three weeks ago and we would like to offer them ours tonight," said frontman Bono as he hugged the band's lead singer Jesse Hughes.

The crowd cheered and sang along as the two groups joined together for a version of the Patti Smith song People Have The Power.

U2 then left the stage and the American band performed I Love You All The Time, telling the crowd: "Thank you Paris - we love you. We will never give up rocking and rolling."

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2015 at 14:04

Boy Finds €100,000 Floating In River Danube

The youngster who found the cash could end up keeping the lot if the rightful owner hasn't claimed it within a year.

Euro banknotes laid out on a table

Austrian police are trying to work out how the Danube river was turned from blue to red and green by tens of thousands of scattered euros.

More than €100,000 (£71,755) in €500 and €100 notes were spotted floating down a section of the river in Vienna at the weekend.

They were discovered by a boy who jumped in the river to retrieve the cash, according to Oesterreich newspaper.

The money is fished out of the river by police. Pic: Vienna Police

Bystanders thought he had jumped in to kill himself and alerted police, who were able to fish out the cash.

Detectives have reportedly ruled out money-laundering and any other criminal activity as the source of the money.

Police spokesman Roman Hahslinger said if no one came forward to claim the cash it could be claimed by the boy who found it on Saturday.

Under Austrian law, if the rightful owner is not identified within a year, he can claim it all.

The Danube originates in Germany's Black Forest before flowing east through Austria and several other countries and emptying into the Black Sea. It stretches to more than 1,700 miles.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2015 at 23:11

Norway Apologises For Making Gingerbread Jets

Norway upsets some of its citizens on Instagram with a post showing shapes resembling F-35 fighter jets cut into gingerbread.

The gingerbread block shaped into fighter jets

The offending gingerbread slices posted on Instagram Pic: @regjeringen

Norway has apologised for offending some of its citizens by posting a picture of a block of gingerbread with shapes cut out to resemble F-35 fighter jets.

The idea for the Christmas baking post on Norway's official Instagram account reportedly came from a member of staff in a government department.

Norway has just bought two of the jets and appeared to be proudly displaying gingerbread images of its latest military purchases.

However, not all the followers of the newly-opened account were happy with the post.

Comments on the post include: "Personally I associate Christmas with peace and what one can do for others."

Another said: "Fighters are weapons and weapons have little to do with Christmas."

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2015 at 11:48

Cranberries Singer Admits Police Assault

Dolores O'Riordan told officers she was the Queen of Limerick as they attempted to remove her from first class on a plane.

Dolores ORiordan court case

O'Riordan has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan has pleaded guilty to headbutting and spitting on a police officer after an alleged air rage incident.

The performer told officers during her arrest at Shannon Airport in Ireland last year that she was an icon and the Queen of Limerick.

O'Riordan admitted four offences including assault and obstructing a police officer during the incident following a flight from New York's JFK airport on 10 November.

Ennis District Court in Ireland was told she accused an officer of groping and sexually assaulting her during the arrest, a claim which has since been retracted.

The court heard O'Riordan has since been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and medics suggested she was suffering from hypomania, sleep deprivation and paranoia at the time.

She threatened to sue arresting officers and told them she paid their wages when they tried to take her out of first class after the flight had landed.

In evidence read to the court, Inspector Tom Kennedy said the singer-songwriter's behaviour was at first erratic, then unruly, irate, threatening, irrational and aggressive.

"Ms O'Riordan was very belligerent," he told the court.

"She said 'you are not going to arrest me. I am an icon. I'm the Queen of Limerick, I pay my taxes, I pay your wages. I'm going to sue you'."

Alcohol was not a factor, the court was told.

O'Riordan, dressed all in black and wearing black sunglasses on her arrival at the courthouse, did not give evidence in person.

She was supported for the hearing by her mother Eileen and one of her brothers.

Judge Patrick Durcan ordered O'Riordan to write letters of apology to all those affected in the incident while he considers sentencing.

The 44-year-old mother of three children aged 18, 14 and 10, who now lives in New York and is back working in the music business, will be sentenced at a date to be fixed next year.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2015 at 12:18

Miss Universe Gaffe Sees Wrong Winner Declared

Miss Columbia is forced to hand over the crown to the runner-up from the Philippines after a blunder by the pageant's presenter.

Miss universe title wrongly awarded to Miss Columbia

The host of the Miss Universe contest has issued a grovelling apology after he read out the wrong winner, who was then forced to remove the crown.

Presenter Steve Harvey said he felt "terrible" for the blunder which was broadcast live on TV.

He mistakenly announced Miss Colombia had won the pageant with the Philippines contestant as runner-up.

But Harvey then had to admit to the audience he had made a gaffe.

Miss Universe host Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey said he felt 'terrible' for the mistake

It meant Ariadna Gutierrez Arevalo, 21, of Colombia, who had already been crowned, had to take off the glitzy trinket and hand it to Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, a 26-year-old actress and model from the Philippines.

Harvey wrote on Twitter: "I'd like to apologise wholeheartedly to Miss Colombia and Miss Philippines for my huge mistake.

"I feel terrible."

Wurtzbach appeared to take the mix-up in her stride.

Speaking afterwards, she said: "It's a very non-traditional crowning moment. It is very 2015."

It was the first Miss Universe title won by a contestant from the Philippines for more than 40 years.

It was also the first time viewers had a chance to vote on the winner, rating contestants in the swimwear, evening gown and interview competitions.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 243>