Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trivia - music or otherwise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 243>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trivia - music or otherwise
    Posted: 18-November-2005 at 09:17

Did you know that John Fogerty former lead singer with Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote and performed "Rockin All Over The World" on his 1975 solo album.

Later to become a huge hit for Status Quo.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2005 at 09:18

Did you know that the lead singer with AC/DC, Brian Johnson, used to be in a band called Geordie who had a few hits circa 1973.

Cecil played them but I can't remember the names of the songs.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2005 at 09:54
What was the name of the supergroup featuring Eric Clapton and Duane Allman?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Lenny3fingers View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2005 at 04:35
did you know that simon le bon lost a testicle in a motor cycle racing accident.
work. the curse of the drinking classes!

-----grover 90 - 96 ish------
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2005 at 09:22

Did you know that Status Quo had to play their concerts in Navan in 1982 because of safety reasons.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Kay Fagan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2005 at 09:55
What safery reasons
Kay Fagan
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2005 at 10:00

Originally posted by Lenny3fingers Lenny3fingers wrote:

did you know that simon le bon lost a testicle in a motor cycle racing accident.

Is that why he can't sing - seen him a few weeks ago on telly here and he was sh*te.... he needs to get a testicle transplant....

Edited by eejit91
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2005 at 13:02
[QUOTE=Biker Pat]

Did you know that Status Quo had to play their concerts in Navan in 1982 because of safety reasons.

I saw Motorhead in a barn in Navan,Can't remember when it was.The show was delayed for hours 'cos they couldn't get the Bomber into the barn. (Bomber = Large mechanical plane used in show, not erstwhile Kerry full forward.)

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2005 at 19:28

[QUOTE=eejit91]What was the name of the supergroup featuring Eric Clapton and Duane Allman?

Derek and The Dominoes..............." Layla you've got me on my knees....."

Rolo.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2005 at 08:26

Originally posted by Kay Fagan Kay Fagan wrote:

What safery reasons

When they played in National Stadium the crowd went mental and it was felt that it was too dangerous.

I was at that gig and they had seating but everybody was up rocking.

Can you imagine sitting for a Quo gig.

So Navan had an arena where there was standing only.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Stevie View Drop Down
1976-81ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2005 at 20:42

Just reading a book called "Never break the Chain" about the making of the the album Rumours.Apparently if you listen very carefully at the beginning of "The Chain" on the album you can hear the sound of something being bumped,followed by a faint expletive, "f***!" which went unnoticed by a sound technician, of course the offending moment is now completely deleted from a new digitally re-mastered CD's......

I can see you all running to the attic now to check it out...just goes to show those old vinyls WILL be worth something some day!

Stevie

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2005 at 15:07

Hi Stevie,

Just back from me ma's 'cos all old vinyl LPs are still in her garage.

Spent hours rooting through them and finally found copy of Rumours.

Rushed home wondering whether or not I'd be able to hear the old expletive and guess what.

No bleedin' record player anymore.

Rolo.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2005 at 09:09
Originally posted by Stevie Stevie wrote:

Just reading a book called "Never break the Chain" about the making of the the album Rumours.Apparently if you listen very carefully at the beginning of "The Chain" on the album you can hear the sound of something being bumped,followed by a faint expletive, "f***!" which went unnoticed by a sound technician, of course the offending moment is now completely deleted from a new digitally re-mastered CD's......

I can see you all running to the attic now to check it out...just goes to show those old vinyls WILL be worth something some day!

Stevie

What ya mean attic. Mine are all perfectly preserved and in alphabetical order in a specially made cabinet.

Vinyl lives on !!

Must check that info out.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2005 at 13:54
[QUOTE=Biker Pat][QUOTE=Stevie] Just reading a book called "Never break the Chain" about the making of the the album Rumours.Apparently if you listen very carefully at the beginning of "The Chain" on the album you can hear the sound of something being bumped,followed by a faint expletive, "f***!" which went unnoticed by a sound technician, of course the offending moment is now completely deleted from a new digitally re-mastered CD's......

I can see you all running to the attic now to check it out...just goes to show those old vinyls WILL be worth something some day!Stevie[QUOTE]

Was telling Catherine this story a couple of weeks ago and couldn't figure out why she was smiling to herself. I've hundreds of vinyl LPs in my mothers garage since we moved house 10 years ago.

Lo and behold on Christmas Morning,what does she produce for me only a retro style record player.

Unbelievable,was like a kid in a sweet shop.next day,up to the garage pulling the place apart.Not gonna tell you some of the c**p I found in the old collection though.

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2006 at 12:58

When I was  in Gracelands  a number of years back there was this  guide giving out info re Elvis.

Believe this or not.

He said that if you lined up all the records that Elvis sold they would go round the world two and a half times.

Apparently Elvis sold more Gospel records than rock 'n roll.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2006 at 23:47
I lost a bet on this one.
If you listen to Janis Joplin's version of "Me and Bobby mcGee"- In the last
chorus, as she's doing her screaming thing, she sings as clear as day-"Good
enough for motherf**king Bobby mc Gee"- I probably heard that song a
million times and I never noticed it until it was pointed out to me.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2006 at 14:47

Lads, any Sopranos fans will already know this but for the rest of yiz, Steve van Zandt, who plays Tony's consiglieri, Silvio Dante ,in the show is a member of Bruce Springsteen's Band.

He's called Miam Steve van Zandt.

Rolo.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2006 at 13:21
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Lads, any Sopranos fans will already know this but for the rest of yiz, Steve van Zandt, who plays Tony's consiglieri, Silvio Dante ,in the show is a member of Bruce Springsteen's Band.

He's called Miam Steve van Zandt.

Rolo.

That's the E Street Band...............never seen the Sopranos.....

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2006 at 12:13

Rory Gallagher was asked to join the Rolling Stones in 1974 after Mick Taylor left.

Wonder what would have happened if he did

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2006 at 19:32

Maybe he'd have taken some of whatever elixir Keef, Charlie and Mick are on and would still be alive making great music.

Noodles.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 243>