Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 304>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 07:06

Lenny,

If it's Eastern Europe make sure you do go.

I've been to some ridiculous places supporting Jack's / Mick's / Brian's Boys in Green and some of the Eastern European countries are just magic.

Rolo.

Sponsored Links

Lenny3fingers View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 07:11
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

If it's Eastern Europe make sure you do go.

I've been to some ridiculous places supporting Jack's / Mick's / Brian's Boys in Green and some of the Eastern European countries are just magic.

weherever it is im going! lol

hopefully it is eastern europe. there should be a good gang going over

work. the curse of the drinking classes!

-----grover 90 - 96 ish------
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 07:15
see utd had a lucky win last night :) apparently they played quite well. Rio scored!!!! dont rate him much at all. he has been pretty poor this season so far.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 07:51

Originally posted by Lenny3fingers Lenny3fingers wrote:

If it's Eastern Europe make sure you do go. I've been to some ridiculous places supporting Jack's / Mick's / Brian's Boys in Green and some of the Eastern European countries are just magic.
weherever it is im going! lolhopefully it is eastern europe. there should be a good gang going over

Lenny, if you're looking for anyone to make up the numbers............

Ever been on an Ireland trip ?

Rolo.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 08:48
never been on an ireland trip, but ill give you a shout a ssoon as the fixtures are announced and plans are made....

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2005 at 08:46

Originally posted by Lenny3fingers Lenny3fingers wrote:

see utd had a lucky win last night :) apparently they played quite well. Rio scored!!!! dont rate him much at all. he has been pretty poor this season so far.

Ahem....and played quite well again on Sat. Wink

Hey Lenny,

You know any good motorbike mechanic.

I used Kennedy's in Drogheda before but they're quite expensive.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2005 at 08:48

didnt see them atch or the goals, but heard they played well allright. caught a bit of the pool game in the pub, 3 goals disalowed!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2005 at 08:21
finally got around to uploading some pictures of the fai cup final a few weeks ago - pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/526037803mIRiCQ

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2006 at 16:43

United have the Carling Cup. Super Man United.........Clap

Who's going to win the FA Cup?

My guess, LiverpoolAngry

Who's going to win the Premiership?

Looks like ChelseaAngry ...............but wait who's that coming up on the rails........it's Man United............too late I think.

Who's going to win European Champions Cup?

Looks like Barcelona.

Any comments ?

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 03:32

Ah yeah Pat, two far more important questions....................

Who's gonna get the second automatic promotion spot from the Championship to the Premiership.................We are Leeds,

Who's gonna win the All Ireland Football Championship..........Not the Dubs I fear   CryCry

Hurling Championship ? Don't look past Kilkenny this time.

AC Milan for the Champions League.

Rolo.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 09:59

The good old Kilkenny Cats! great hurlers.....

Come from a family of them.....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 14:03

Ah yeah Pat, two far more important questions....................

Who's gonna get the second automatic promotion spot from the Championship to the Premiership.................We are Leeds,

Who's gonna win the All Ireland Football Championship..........Not the Dubs I fear   CryCry

Hurling Championship ? Don't look past Kilkenny this time.

AC Milan for the Champions League.

Rolo.

Hey Rolo....I thought AC Milan were knocked out by Lyon.

Re the Dubs.......I fear same but you never know.

I always liked Kilkenny.......I remember the great Kilkenny team of '63....

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 14:05
Oh and Rolo............I hope for you're sake Leeds make it back but that was a setback against Crystal Palace the other night.

Also I always like Man U visiting Elland Road.

Always a bit of Angry

Oh Ah Cantona Wink

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 14:19

No Pat, Milan beat Bayern Munich, hammered them actually. My brother lived in Milan for a while so they've always been a favourite of mine. I've been to the San Siro when I visited him there.

Agree with you about the setback 'gainst Palace but if you'd said ten weeks ago that we'd have got to within 4 points of Sheffield Utd.by this stage I'd have bitten your hand off.

Dublin v Mayo in Parnell Park under lights tomorrow night. Will be a good bit of crack. We can't afford to lose and they've won their first five matches so watch out or firecrackers.

As for that French f**ker Cantona, don't get me started.

Rolo.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 14:32

No Pat, Milan beat Bayern Munich, hammered them actually. My brother lived in Milan for a while so they've always been a favourite of mine. I've been to the San Siro when I visited him there.

Agree with you about the setback 'gainst Palace but if you'd said ten weeks ago that we'd have got to within 4 points of Sheffield Utd.by this stage I'd have bitten your hand off.

Dublin v Mayo in Parnell Park under lights tomorrow night. Will be a good bit of crack. We can't afford to lose and they've won their first five matches so watch out or firecrackers.

As for that French f**ker Cantona, don't get me started.

Rolo.

Stand corrected Embarrassed ...........with Man U not in it I have'nt paid as much attention to the Champions League as I normally would.

Arsenal an outside bet?

Oh Ah Cantona.............LOL

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 14:48

Would have said so if they hadn't drawn Juventus. They won't let them play the way Madrid did or even Barcelona might have.

I'd love to see them do it though. Thierry Henry deserves to win one and it'd be a right kick in the boll*x for Patrick Vieira if they did. Just like Michael Owen last year who left the Scousers for Madrid 'cos he wanted to win the Champions League LOLLOLLOL

Rolo.

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 15:01

Would have said so if they hadn't drawn Juventus. They won't let them play the way Madrid did or even Barcelona might have.

I'd love to see them do it though. Thierry Henry deserves to win one and it'd be a right kick in the boll*x for Patrick Vieira if they did. Just like Michael Owen last year who left the Scousers for Madrid 'cos he wanted to win the Champions League LOLLOLLOL

Rolo.

Rock on Rolo.......Michael Owen Angry

So what's the sh*t with Cantona..........I know he left youse but you gotta admire the guy......personally I don't think he would have achieved the same status with Leeds (no offence).........he was made for the Theatre Of Dreams.........I wish he was still around.........one of the all time greats........

I've been following United since the 50's and he's one of the few players that really had it all.........Best of course.......Law in ways sure and not forgetting young Duncan Edwards............Keane as well..... but Cantona was champagne.Wink

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 16:32

Ah I know Pat. Just jealous. He played for us for about fifteen games towards the end of our last championship season 91/92 , scored three goals and everyone said he won the league for us.Angry

Then he started causing trouble in the dressing room,rumour had it that whenever he didn't turn up for training all the players were immediately on the phone to their wives, checking them out.

Agree he was deadly at Old Trafford, but not as good as Keano..........now there was pure class.

Rolo.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 03:43

Am a gunner through and through. Started late 70's early eighties when  Brady Stapleton etc were the heros of the day. Lived in North London for awhile so had a season ticket for a couple of seasons that was when Charlie Nicholas was the darling of the North Bank.

Now its Henri and Freddie never any shortage of heros at Highbury .

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night really think this just might be our year !!!!!!!!!

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 06:51

Then he started causing trouble in the dressing room,rumour had it that whenever he didn't turn up for training all the players were immediately on the phone to their wives, checking them out.

Rolo.

Thats hilarious - I thought the plots in Dream Team were pure fantasy!!LOL

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 304>