Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport miscellaneous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2010 at 18:34
Originally posted by finno finno wrote:

I suppose we shouldn't mention Julien Depuy (suspended after appeal), David Attoab (70 weeks) ..............

How about Michel Palme who cost a player to lose an eye....
Claude and Richard Dourthe who hold a unique record being the only father and son who have both been red carded in International rugby...

Palme went on to become an official of the French Rugby Federation!

Now, we lost badly and Parra can point the finger at Flannery. How he escaped a yellow card I dont know but poor refereeing. (Thought Healy's was a bit harsh.) Flannery should have got a red, but I'm sure the Citing Commissioner will now take care of that. Flannery will be gone for rest of six nations.

France were at the top of their game. Before the game I thought we would sneak it but would come a cropper at Twickenham... so what now?

Expect France to win a grand slam

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
Sponsored Links

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2010 at 18:39

Ah we had our time I suppose and it happens.... they have played well for a good year and a half and I suppose it can't go on forever.

Not a good game for Ireland at all but sure such is life.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2010 at 21:41
disapointed big time ,,too many mistakes in the Irish team,,Feckin French were class,.English next,can we get ourselves together for that ,a lot of players wounded
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 07:56

Disappointment all round

Thought the first 15 mins or so we had a great chance with turnover ball. Darc failing to ground it had an affect I feel.

All I know is how anyone caught anything was a mtstery as it was -3 in the Stad.

Changes were needed at half time and Kidney's reluctance to do so will be questioned.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2010 at 01:59
Go on those boys in green
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 08:16

Well, thats better. What a gutsy performance by the lads. Great win over the old enemy on their home turf.

What do you think of that Munster twat trying to kill our BOD

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 09:13
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

Well, thats better. What a gutsy performance by the lads. Great win over the old enemy on their home turf.

Just laughing at this Gary reckon he was thinking ahead to the heinekin cup ??????????

Great game thought the lads showed great heart and a sweet victory.

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
muller View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 17:47

Poor start to the MCN fantasy league - one of my riders didn't even start. I created a team for L and she is the leader in our mini league.

What about Eugene Laverty winning the opening race in the SuperSport Championship? Starting where he left off last year. C'mon Toomebridge.

Life is for living
DONDON View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
73-77

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DONDON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 15:46
 I have just got 2 tickets for the Scotland Match .yippeee 
Grover from 73(old Grove)

In the year of the bankers and developers
When recession raged across the land
there were many driven by the hopelessness to set sail for the Americas and Australia
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2010 at 21:32
Have tickets for the Scotland game, its getting them for the Wales match thats dificult.
Regarding earlier post re:David Atuab, his appeal against his 70 week ban was rejected! should have increased it for his brass neck in appealing
A man must have a code
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2010 at 18:52
Ah what a game! Go on the boys in green! Great win for Paddy's week....
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2010 at 01:22

Wow 3 sheets to the wind spent the afternoon in Fado's at St. Baldricks...

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2010 at 09:32
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Just laughing at this Gary reckon he was thinking ahead to the heinekin cup ??????????

Great game thought the lads showed great heart and a sweet victory.

Just noticed this looking at game after. O'Driscoll was tripped by Flutey, hence he was on his knees for collision to occur.

A man must have a code
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2010 at 10:02
Good match yesterday. Well taken opportunities - Earls showing real class. Shane Williams dancing got him no where. Welsh lineout was a shambles Thomas "won" a welsh lineout without even jumping. Dont think he was expecting the ball. Monster game again from O'Connell.

Not sure whats up with Sexton's place kicking but I think he just needs more experience because his reading of the game, his kicking from hand, passing are all good. He does it for Leinster, so imagine it will come.

As for Scotland and England...... referee was very lenient. 2 south african referees but total lack of consistency of interpretation of laws. In Dublin Lee Byrne got swift yellow, Hartley tried same stunt got away with it. Borthwick was given 3 warnings yet failed to see an England player seeing a yellow.

And look at the photo at top of this article, the referee missed it. It happened very quickly so Max Evans was very lucky not to be joining his brother in hospital.

Borthwick should be cited. He is clearly not going for the ball, both his hands are going for the head. And his thumb is very close to Evans' eye.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/13/england-scotland -six-nations-rugby

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 08:11

Agree finno. A workmanlike performance, never had to really step up a gear.

Glad they left johnny on though, he needed a confidence boost after those awful misses and he made two brilliant tackles, one a try saver that ROG wouldn't have made.

Looking forward to the Scots.

Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 17:45
Was at the game on sat and workmanlike just about sums it up. Ireland contained Wales and their attack. Still not convinced by Sexton at this level, best give him another run out against Scotland and see if things improve.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2010 at 21:05

Altough I agreed with Kidney leaving sexton on purely from a confidence point of view,  he misses cost us 15 points and if ,and I know its a big if , the championship was to come down to   that it would have cost us dear.

Blondie
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 07:25
Agreed, but he is the future anf if we are to look at next year we need him. Unfortunaletly ROG and a few of the lads  ( the bull ) are showing signs of age ( says he )
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 14:04

I was in three Irish pubs over the weekend looking for the match

Pub 1   Asked the barman if he could put on the match ???? what match

Pub 2   Had 2 Chineez looking guy's behind the empty bar ( did'd bother )

Pub 3   "Flannigans"  Jammers, Match on, great Guinness, great match, settled in nicely beside some Welsh fans he he he    

Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 22:57

Agreed, but he is the future anf if we are to look at next year we need him. Unfortunaletly ROG and a few of the lads  ( the bull ) are showing signs of age ( says he )

Really gary I am suprised a young fella like yourself would even know what they were.............

Blondie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>