Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Grove Reunions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Reunion June ’09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 04:11

Am just home now.

What a great night.

My thanks to Andy and Cecil for the music.

Also my special thanks to Muller for taking me there and home again.

And last but not least, to all those Grovers who made this a really special night.

Let's keep rockin in the free world

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 04:13

Pat i am home now also Thanks to you guys xxxxx

I am not saying nething till later today when i have time to compose myself and know what i am going to say about tonite..."winks"

re edit  you see my spelling is bad this hour of the morning..lol

Edited by Sharon
All I wanted was chips!!
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 12:42
I can;t believe you guys went online at that hour. Go to bed! 

Jen
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Kay Fagan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:04
Originally posted by Evangeline Evangeline wrote:

Jen

Either can I....
In bits this morning just up out of bed....It was a great nite Great to see everyone .Think I drank just a little to much
Kay Fagan
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:06
I really enjoyed last night,thanks very much Andy and Cecil,and when ye said ye would be back again,that made my night.
great to see all the boys and girls,we always have a laugh,was a pity Black Russian didnt make it,he was probably wrecked after the Take That gig   

anyway,again thanks to all you guys      
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:10
Originally posted by Kay Fagan Kay Fagan wrote:

Originally posted by Evangeline Evangeline wrote:

Jen

Either can I....
In bits this morning just up out of bed....It was a great nite Great to see everyone .Think I drank just a little to much

A Fagan drinking too much

When I got home I was starving so whilst I threw together a sandwich I decided to go online. Music was still buzzin in my ears.

And Kay, "Starman" is a slowie

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
crusty View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
89-93

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:26
On behalf of Cecil and myself, thanks so, so much to one and all for last night. It was an absolute stormer! We both had a ball! Fantastic night all around!
I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:53

.....Feel awful having missed out and now reading all the reviews.

Another great Grove night... just wish the music was still buzzin' in my ears! Well done to all.

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 13:55
Originally posted by crusty crusty wrote:

On behalf of Cecil and myself, thanks so, so much to one and all for last night. It was an absolute stormer! We both had a ball! Fantastic night all around!

Andy,I'm glad ye enjoyed it as much as we did,fair play for all the work ye put in,and a big thank you to both of you
long live the Grove...
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 14:12

What a super night

Thanks to Andy and Cecil for super buzz.

Just woke up now. Longest sleep I've had in years

I wonder why ???? he he he  

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
muller View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 14:25

Thanks Andy and Cecil for a super night, as usual. It's hard to come up with new superlatives but the reaction of the late joiners says it all. They were astounded at how free an happy we all are. It takes us back a simpler era. I can't believe it was getting bright when I arrived home. L says she is going to tell the kids what a party animal their old man is.

Sorry about the tickets, Yvonne. I left them behind the bar for anyone who wanted them. See you and Robbie next time and congrats to them on their awards.

Sean, you were again the life and soul of the party and Tom.. I'll tell no stories. I can't believe Gary Aries, I mean Barlowe as he is now calling himslef, missed the Take That gig. It's like Rolo missing a CdB concert to attend a Grove reunion. Unblievable!!!

Great to see Tonto and Floyman after such a long time and congrats to the people who had previous enganements and arrived later. Star and Blondie, you were missed.

Life is for living
Tonto View Drop Down
84 to 88...ish..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 15:47
Thanks everyone for a fab night.

Didn't get to bet 'till after 5am (and I was only 5 mins away) but sat out the back drinkin' with Floydman watchin the sun come up.... that sounds gay....

Photos on dway

xXx
Tony
Grover 84-88...ish... I think..
I dunno! I was all dazed and confused...(with Floyd)..
http://www.facebook.com/tmirolo
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 16:51
Another great night, Many thanks Cecil and Andy we really enjoyed the music. We slept on till after 1pm. Jases I hav'nt done that in a long time, Good to see you back Floyd the country life is doing you no harm. A long trip to the big smoke eh. Gonna have a very sloooooooow day today.
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 16:59

Know the feeling Dayo.

This is a day lost. Have very little energy.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 17:03
Afternoon all.  Had a brilliant night last night (only sorry to leave at 12.30am, at least it wasnt midnight!!).  I'm not getting any bleedin' younger - my poor neck aches like hell!!

Thanks to Cecil and Andy for another great night!!

Great to meet ye all as well!! 
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 17:04

Great to see you as well. Think we all had a blast.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 19:23
You all sound like you had another great night. Sorry I missed it but I have to prioritise things at the moment and a lot of money going into the apartment this last week or two and I couldn't afford it. Ah welll I'm not doing to bad its the first one I missed since Xmas 2005 

Edited by Black Russian
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 19:29

It was a great night. Everyone seemed to be in such good form! Had a great laugh with Mr and Mrs Lips and Sharon out in the 'fresh air' section! Great fun dancing - I needed that.

Thank you so much Andy but not you Cecil!

My mother was NOT at the door waiting for me!!!!

Sharon View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 19:34

Peter you were missed 

Mr Barlow was sleeping off the upset of missing Take That jeez he even had ticket in his pocket....GARY you cant deny that, its true....giggles

Must say i woke up like a fairy this morning felt like i was 15 again was waiting for my mother to shout up "time for mass" just like in the old days after a night at the Grove...sadly i woke up to the husband asking "and what time did you get in this morning"..kidding was handed a pill and glass of coke and told go back asleep im sure u are wrecked god luv him..lol

I am sl*gging Gary but i have to admit to buying a boyzone cd today cant believe it kid asked for it so i had to buy it...lol

My neck not so bad was expecting it to be worse

Only thing i missed last night was my stroll down in dollier ffs Brian wouldnt go the coast road and drop meself and the auld fella off, im raging i am...giggles

No sand in my bed today a blessing i suppose...lol

Brain thanks for the lift..Gary and Pat thanks for minding me hehe

Once again Andy and Cecil you two rock keep it going we all love you both  xxx

Sharon xx

Edited by Sharon
All I wanted was chips!!
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2009 at 19:34
My favourite memory of the night was Dayo and his daughter dancing. I think Tonto got a photo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>