Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreams
    Posted: 31-July-2008 at 19:32

I was wondering what people's interpretation of dreams are?

For example,

Quick summary.

I had a dream the other night that I was holed up with a load of people, a la The Alamo, and we had basic weapons against current armoury. I was the leader of this group.

We also had basic rations and a lot of people died of starvation but we held out in the end and the outside army withdrew and went away.

Lot's of other stuff went on in the dream as well, violence, erotica, blood and gore, real voices etc...

I emerged with the few remaining few survivors to a hero's welcome.

Now the thing about this dream was that I could clearly see people, they were real people but I didn't know any of them from my life.

How does the mind do this or what goes on in dreams?

I was told that maybe I was probably a King in another life and that they were people from back then.

Could this be true because besides this dream I often get "deja vu" feelings, like I've been in a certain place before.

Edited by Biker Pat - 06-May-2018 at 15:10
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2008 at 22:20

I often dream that Liverpool will win the Premiership one day!

(agreed about the Deja Vu though Pat - often experience that!)

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2008 at 23:31

I've had those Deja vu experiences too....amazing!

That's some dream ,Pat...very vivid.

I've often wondered about the relevance of dreams myself. One night my little fella and I dreamt of the same thing simultaneously! Apparently an old grandaunt of mine could interpret dreams...wish she was around to advise me now!

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2008 at 23:55
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

I was wondering what people's interpretation of dreams are?

For example,

Quick summary.

I had a dream the other night that I was holed up with a load of people, a la The Alamo, and we had basic weapons against current armoury. I was the leader of this group.

We also had basic rations and a lot of people died of starvation but we held out in the end and the outside army withdrew and went away.

Lot's of other stuff went on in the dream as well, violence, erotica, blood and gore, real voices etc...

I emerged with the few remaining few survivors to a hero's welcome.

Now the thing about this dream was that I could clearly see people, they were real people but I didn't know any of them from my life.

How does the mind do this or what goes on in dreams?

Puy says that I was probably a King in another life and that they were people from back then. Thai's believe in re-incarnation.

Could this be true because besides this dream I often get "deja vu" feelings, like I've been in a certain place before.

Dont know what your on but I'll have some!
A man must have a code
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 00:19
Originally posted by Brunswick Brunswick wrote:

I often dream that Liverpool will win the Premiership one day!

(agreed about the Deja Vu though Pat - often experience that!)

Bruns,

Am talking about DREAMS not NIGHTMARES

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 00:33
great topic Pat - that's one vivid dream!
I had a discussion a while back about dreams and reincarnation - deep, but makes sense.

Either I don't dream much now, or don't remember the dreams

I used to have a recurring dream of being in something like quicksand, being chased by something, and not being able to run!
There's one for the psychiatrists!

I've also had dreams within dreams - have a mad dream, then you wake up but everything's not right - then wake up again for real
Anyone else dream like that ? - maybe i'll stop taking those tablets then...

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 00:36

Am fascinated by dreams. I don't wanna go out and buy books on the stuff.

Would rather hear peoples opinions and experiences with them.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
jbrsmc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
86-88ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbrsmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 01:08

Sifting through my own dreams, I find the more confusing the dream, is when my own reality is in a bit of reorganizing! As a comp therapist the question of whether the client dreams or not always comes up, with the lead on to whether they dream in black and white or colour? Supposedly the more logical minded a person is the dreams would tend to be black&white.

jbrs
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 08:55

Why do you think that we have dreams?

This is still an unresolved topic amongst researchers as to the reason we have dreams. One theory suggests that dreams serve as a means for cleansing and release. During the day, we may hold back our feelings and repress our anger. Thus dreams serve as a safe outlet for us to release our negative emotions. Another theory says that dreams is a biologically necessary aspect of sleep. Research has shown that people who were prevented from entering the dream state and woken up before they can dream were more easily irritated, jittery, and performed far below average.  I believe these are two theories summarize why we dream.

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 08:58

What does it mean to have a dream within a dream? 

Having a dream within a dream may be safer and more acceptable way to express material from your unconscious. The dream within a dream protects you, the dreamer from waking up. Such dreams often reflect a hidden but crucial issue which you need to acknowledge and confront. ,thats for you CP

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 09:00
www.DreamMoods.com ,You might be interested in this site Pat
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 11:32
Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

www.DreamMoods.com ,You might be interested in this site Pat

Cool, will check it out.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 12:50

Almost every dream I've had, at some stage in it, I've been on "the enterprise" or similar starship. Not sure what it means, but I guess I watched too much star trek!!! (think I may be a wannabe astronaut who's afraid of heights)

I usually try to interprete dreams that are quite vivid, whether scary, happy, or whatever, as I believe your subconsious mind tries to tell you something you're too busy to listen to when you're awake!! 

Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2008 at 14:43

Lesley, - too many drugs

My dreams always end up in me not being able to move and something is stalking me.   Think it is the bank manager   I also have dreams about tidal waves - this was when I lived beside the sea and my efforts to save my kids by driving away really fast.   My husband also had this dream - but the weirdest thing that ever happened to me was in our old house.   There was a cold spot in the hall and I often saw something like a shadow there.   It wasn't until we left the house that both my kids and my husband told me that they had seen an old man in the hall on several occasions.   I checked back into the history of the house and every owner ( bar us) had someone die in strange circumstances in the house usually a young person.   The person who bought the house from us - left it for no reason  and it has been empty for the past two years.   She is living two houses away from it in a rented property !!!!   Very strange.  

mary
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2008 at 17:51

Lucky escape there,Mary???

Tonto's missus Anita is very good at analysing dreams.

What I am told about running away from someone in a dream,like someone is chasing you and you can't run away,you just can't move,is supposedly because your legs are crossed in bed???

Also you (apparently) never remember the start of your dream,just like you never remember falling asleep (as in the exact monent).

I believe you cannot dream about your own death (the old urban myth is that you die if you do!)

And,is it just me or do you find if someone gives you a piece of paper to read,you just cannot make it out? It's like it's not English-not even letters.

Likewise,try to remember tomorrow morning what people were saying to you in a dream-they don't actually say anything,you just hear it,or it's a given that something was said-you don't actually see them saying it-you don't see their lips move,but you just 'inherit' the information.

Strange stuff...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2008 at 23:06

Pat,

Have a very good book somewhere on the topic of dreams will try & root it up.  Ever dream of something or someone and they turn up next day ????  Happens to me quite often - have to say at this stage I find it amusing.  They say the interpretation of dreams varies but usually signifies the subconscious - so if checking them up, take the "good" that comes out of them, never anything negative.

Goodness breeds better times, negativity breeds misery.

V

Verona
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2008 at 09:54
Great topic Pat....love listening to other peoples dreams too. My dreams are always very normal and boring, but Robbie's dreams are mad  .
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2008 at 11:53

BB

Have some cheese before you go to bed and you will have some MAD dreams.....

P
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2008 at 15:17

You're right there Peter! When we were in France this year, we bought some handmade cheese. "Matured for three years" your man said. Now when we sampled it, we had a taste from the centre of the cheese, which was strong but delicious. The fecker gave us a slice of the edge which, by them time we got back to the campsite, was smelling quite pungent. After washing down a few slices of it with a bottle of red wine that night, we both had the freakiest dreams ever! Who needs drugs for a bad trip? Can't remember the details now but Brian did wake up clawing at the wall at one point. If I ever see that cheese seller again...

Jen

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2008 at 17:24

Pete,

Heard that one about cheese and I agree with Jen, it seems to stimulate whatever causes dreams.

I get dreams where I know people in the dream but they are totally out of context to how I knew them before. These people I may not have known well but they feature vividly in my dream.

I knew a guy who worked in Reservations in Aer Lingus and he recently popped up as a barman selling lotto tickets as well as drink behind a bar somewhere. I was in the queue and I had the winning numbers and there was great banter re my winning and drinks all round.

But why him and why as a barman?

As I said above I see people clearly that I have never seen before and they are of different nationalities.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>